'20 TN ATH Reggie Grimes

jakez4ut

Patience... It's what's for dinner
I wonder if FSU and likely USC opening up changes the calculus for Auburn if they go 8-4? They’d likely be third in line for grabbing a great coach with such a scenario, and I don’t think there is anyway Urban Meyer is choosing Auburn over those other jobs. Who else would they target that would be better than Malzahn? As it is, FSU is probably getting someone like Mark Stoops or Jay Norvell, neither of whom seems to me like an upgrade over Malzahn.
depends. it's not out of the question that FSU pushes for Malzahn, though the buyout is probably scary considering what they're having to pony up for WT to go away. in that regard, he's probably safe from being poached away.

i honestly dont' think Auburn fires GM. there's only one reason to fire him, and htat's just being butt hurt over a 8-4/9-3 season. there's a lot of reasons to keep him, least of which is the buyout, and the competition you'd be in with FSU, USC for a coach, in what figures to be a pretty shallow talent pool, unless you can pony up and snag a big time sitting coach, which doesn't seem to be likely.

i expect auburn to stand fast, and ride with GM. he's still recruiting at ahigh level and is competitive with everyone he needs to be. plus, he at least still has the opportunity to beat UGA and/or Bama...and a bowl game.

I have observed / covered TN prep football for 40 years...Grimes is the most over-rated prospect I have ever seen...i have seen 4 of his games in the past year - he has yet to even attempt to make a tackle...in fact, he goes out of the way to avoid contact...Looks like TARZAN in his uni- plays like Jane's little sister...A track guy who plays football to please his father...NOTE: TYLER BARON ain't quite as weak- but he is close.

Ulysees E. McGill

Chargervol is my homeboy
I have observed / covered TN prep football for 40 years...Grimes is the most over-rated prospect I have ever seen...i have seen 4 of his games in the past year - he has yet to even attempt to make a tackle...in fact, he goes out of the way to avoid contact...Looks like TARZAN in his uni- plays like Jane's little sister...A track guy who plays football to please his father...NOTE: TYLER BARON ain't quite as weak- but he is close.
Wow...it seems like if he sucks that bad at football nobody would want him..but then Maliek Gray comes to mind..so 🤷‍♂️ I want to sign football players, not athletic gear runway models that can move fast and jump high.

GoVolsDR

Who stands out to you as the best prospects in TN for the 2020 class?

Drop more info on TN players. Baron takes most plays off. That’s his biggest issue.

I understand where you're coming from, 100%. A weak mindset that's making excuses and whining. Grab a tissue and cry me a river. You're a good poster and I like you but seriously, fix that mindset.
There’s nothing wrong with being frustrated with our recent recruiting. That isn’t an indicator of a “weak mindset.”

LoudOrange

Watched Baron against BA, totally underwhelmed.

LittleVol

There are some 3 star DL and Edge players still uncommitted in Georgia that are better than both these guys.

Grimes...just isn't a football player.

Baron is kind of a tweener, but I have seen him make plays. Baron is a considerably better football player than Grimes.

I know the expectations at Auburn are always high but is highly probable that they lose to both UGA & Bama and of course beat Samford. 8-4 regular season finish and who knows what happens after their bowl. Could Barn’s AD move on from GM after this year if it is ultimately a disappointment? Personally, I hope Bama and UGA embarrass them. Some of their recruits could possibly sign with UT if Gus is shown the door. Definitely something we should pay attention to.
would loveeee this

manndingo

It’s obvious that something is amiss with grimes...think you just splained it, can’t play this game half assed.

jackcrevol

cmon now. orange glasses OFF

jackcrevol

Geez, man. We're 4-5 with losses to GA State and BYU. Auburn is 7-2, ranked 11th in the country and notorious for throwing around bags of cash. Is it really that difficult to understand why Hardy chose Auburn yesterday?

Some of you need to quit whining when things don't go your way. Guess what? Things usually don't go your way when your program is rebuilding for the umpteenth time and you're recruiting against Top 15 teams. Win some, lose some.

We have elite coaches that are making improvements with these players on the field, it's obvious. The defense is playing unbelievable right now considering the roster and inexperience. The offense is a good healthy QB away from playing that way also.

Hardy picked Auburn, BOO FN HOO! Get over it and move on. NEXT!
CA6CB02C-116D-4653-BC54-93CB46363CED.gif

VN Store

Sponsors