'20 TN ATH Reggie Grimes (Oklahoma commit)

He can sell never loosing to UT as the Head Coach.
I don’t think Grimes will care. He and his dad have relationships with this staff. I just believe he trusts Pruitt and this staff more than any other coaching staff....other than his dream school Bama

I don’t think Grimes will care. He and his dad have relationships with this staff. I just believe he trusts Pruitt and this staff more than any other coaching staff....other than his dream school Bama
Don’t disagree but you know he’s used that to negative recruit against UT.

If Tennessee wants this kid I think they land him. I think he was leaning Carolina bc they showed him more love at one point. Grimes has a lot of friends in this Tennessee recruiting class. I do believe Tennessee has also pushed harder for him as of late.

We’ll see. I would wait to see what he does this season personally.

Reactions: The Artful Dodger
Not after October 26th he can't.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
This kid and Ojulari on the outside...Eason in the middle...that’s a helluva LB class...

Throw in Whitehead (if there’s room and he wants in) and it’s over the top good...

Replace Whitehead with Sewell if he wants in and I will literally crap my pants
Promise?

Reactions: logginlarry
This kid and Ojulari on the outside...Eason in the middle...that’s a helluva LB class...

Throw in Whitehead (if there’s room and he wants in) and it’s over the top good...

If have a hard time seeing is not taking Whitehead. Imo you take Whitehead over Eason if your picking but I’d take all mentioned above and worry about number later

I think both are takes. Whitehead plays both sides of the ball and our staff has told him they would look at him at RB.
if they start getting who they want at the top of the board, Eason may not make it in or could be like the last one in. i'm not sure, but i think Whitehead is probably ahead of Eason on the LB board. now if whitehead is a RB? may change things.

but you start looking at spots, and hardy, baron, thomas, grimes, ojulari are all in/takes.

that leaves us with, what, 5 spots left?

and you're still looking at prospects...Morris, McDaniel, Whitehead, Eason, Rybka, Sewell, Smalls, Washington, Jarrett...among others....

point being, they can't all get in (and not all will want in), but i think most of those kids would be considered "takes" by us...lol.

so while we have room today, it's really not as much room as it looks like......i think we're getting to that point in the process that we know we'll leave "x" amount of spots for the cream of the crop, and for some others, it may be approaching time (and by that i mean as we head in to the fall, not like tomorrow or anything lol) to find out how serious they are about TN?

exciting times ahead i'm sure.......plenty of twists and turns left....but i like the way it's starting to shape up....

There ain’t no replacing with Sewell. Sewell is top priority of not The top.

After the way Pruitt closed and brought home 5 stars Morris and Wright, former 5 stars/dropped to 4 star Crouch and To’oto’to...on the heels of a 4-8 and 5-7 season. I think we could definitely bring in Smalls, Gilbert/Washington, Jarrett, Sewell, Grimes, Rogers, Lawrence (already in), Omari Thomas and Baron. Who knows who else. That’s 9 dudes in the top 100 and 6 in the top 50. That’s how you build winning programs

There ain’t no replacing with Sewell. Sewell is top priority of not The top.

No doubt about that...my logic is that we need one ILB and things look pretty good for us with Eason...after that I’m wondering if we take another ILB...my feelings are no unless it’s an elite one...first person that fits that bill IMO is Whitehead...but if Sewell is a reality then he jumps Whitehead...I don’t know if there’s anyone else we’re in on that’s a definite take...

But I only know what I read on here so I could be wrong on all of this...

Reactions: AaronUT
No doubt about that...my logic is that we need one ILB and things look pretty good for us with Eason...after that I’m wondering if we take another ILB...my feelings are no unless it’s an elite one...first person that fits that bill IMO is Whitehead...but if Sewell is a reality then he jumps Whitehead...I don’t know if there’s anyone else we’re in on that’s a definite take...

But I only know what I read on here so I could be wrong on all of this...
IMO we need 2 or 3 ILB in the 2020 class. We rotated 4 ILBs last year. Our top 4 ILBs this year are a Senior (Bituli), 2 Juniors (Reid & Ignont) and a Freshman (Henry T). JJP is behind them and we don't even know if he can get in the rotation. You need at least 6 ILBs that you can put in the game without a large drop off because at least a couple seem to get banged up every year.

VN Store

Back