'20 TN ATH Reggie Grimes (Oklahoma commit)

I don't get people not wanting this kid. He has the size and athleticism to potentially end up being a Josh Allen type player. Project two years into the program and you could have a 6'5" 270lb OLB that runs a 4.5 40 yard dash in Pruitt's defense.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
I don't get people not wanting this kid. He has the size and athleticism to potentially end up being a Josh Allen type player. Project two years into the program and you could have a 6'5" 270lb OLB that runs a 4.5 40 yard dash in Pruitt's defense.
No one is saying they don’t want him. Me personally I believe he’s just overhyped. I would love to have this guy. But whoever gets him needs to make him mean between the lines.

No one is saying they don’t want him. Me personally I believe he’s just overhyped. I would love to have this guy. But whoever gets him needs to make him mean between the lines.
The light bulb goes on for some guys at different stages. I don't know this for certain, but I have an idea of the lack of defensive stats. Lots of kids that play both ways take breaks on one side of the ball. It's rare to find high school kids (especially jumbo athletes) that go all out every play of every game if they play both ways.

Reactions: bignewt
The light bulb goes on for some guys at different stages. I don't know this for certain, but I have an idea of the lack of defensive stats. Lots of kids that play both ways take breaks on one side of the ball. It's rare to find high school kids (especially jumbo athletes) that go all out every play of every game if they play both ways.
Yeah very true. I hope it clicks with him and he beast out. It’ll be fun watching him develop with his dad as DC and all that talent around him. Mt.Juliet for being a powerhouse in middle TN are very conservative.

If Grimes can register at least 10 tackles in a season, then he is light-years better than Bates. BTW do not even know or care if Bates recorded a collegiate tackle. He is right up there with Brian Darden for the most overrated signee UT has ever landed.
Not while Donald and Brooks ever existed.

Overhyped is a good term to use.

We have so many needs in this cycle, that we should use our scholarships for more complete prospects. I'm not sure how committable his offers are.

I mean Clemson straight up told him no, then turns right around and gets an OL from Knoxville who wasn't ranked nearly as high as Grimes overall.

The star system is absolutely useless.
It's fun, but there is no real assurance from it.

Williamson - the kid who just commited is a better edge defender than him. He's 190 lbs right now.

Bama has passed so far as well. I know others will say he’s on their board but realistically there’s zero way he lands at Bama unless he has a much better year. I’d love to see him put together a good year and land at Tennessee but idk that it happens. Still think Carolina in the end bc they’ve been on him longer and more serious than anyone else IMO.

Reactions: Volsdeep4
Local HS coach told me today.......

He has all the measurables, but doesn’t have the fire needed to be great. Has moments of brilliance followed by getting handled by much smaller, less athletic player. Said he was easy to scheme against.
Did say he’s worth a shot due to his “God given athleticism.”

Not my words, just relaying info.

Local HS coach told me today.......

He has all the measurables, but doesn’t have the fire needed to be great. Has moments of brilliance followed by getting handled by much smaller, less athletic player. Said he was easy to scheme against.
Did say he’s worth a shot due to his “God given athleticism.”

Not my words, just relaying info.
Sometimes your life dulls your passion for football. Once you get to a program you can just focus on yourself and your future. Not everybody is like Peyton Manning coming out of the womb.

Reactions: Brillovol
Sometimes your life dulls your passion for football. Once you get to a program you can just focus on yourself and your future. Not everybody is like Peyton Manning coming out of the womb.
Not the case for this guy.

He's just not nasty enough.

I don’t understand why ESPN has this guy ranked in the Top 10.

Yea his athleticism is off the charts but if we were just basing him off as a football player, he shouldn’t be that high.

Bama & Clemson doesn’t seem to think he’s worth a shot but if Pruitt wants him, I’m all for it.

Reactions: Volsdeep4
So we’re just completely forgetting that Bryce Brown was the highest rated composite player we’ve ever signed and he did nothing of significance..
Yeah, but the talent was obvious. The Eagles even drafted that head case when he was fourth string at K-State.

Four-star linebacker/defensive end Reggie Grimes of Ravenwood High School in Brentwood, Tenn., one of Tennessee’s longtime in-state targets, is among the other in-state players the Vols are hoping to host this weekend. Grimes, who’s the son of former Alabama defensive lineman Reggie Grimes Sr., has planned for weeks to visit the Crimson Tide this weekend. But Tennessee has continued to emerge as more of a factor in Grimes’ recruitment, and he’s now mulling a possible trip to Tennessee this weekend for what would be his first visit with the Vols since January. Sources close to his recruitment still believe Tennessee and South Carolina might turn out to be two of the favorites to land him, particularly if Alabama decides not to make more of a push for him. The Vols already are scheduled to host Grimes on an official visit the weekend of Oct. 5 for their game against Georgia.

-Callahan

VN Store

Back