'20 TN ATH Reggie Grimes (Oklahoma commit)

Because we are in position to only take guys being recruited hard by Bama?? lmfao. Isn't Pruitt the elite evaluator, anyway? Maybe Bama is wrong...

Grimes is an elite athlete. Several people, who have proven to have some knowledge about Tennessee high school players, have said Grimes pops on the field and he gets a lot attention from the other team and so his stats aren’t great but he makes a big impact. The recruiting sites suggest he’s a great athlete but is kind of a one trick pony right now with his speed rush. The thing is no one can coach athleticism and Grimes has that in spades. If this is an issue about development, I think we have the coaches to get the most out of him. Now, maybe his lack of statistical production is a harbinger of things to come for Grimes or maybe his lack of statistical production is because he hasn’t been developed well yet and because the other teams scheme to minimize his impact on the game. All in all, I’m sure this guy is a take for the staff and I’m sure he should be a take.

Grimes is an elite athlete. Several people, who have proven to have some knowledge about Tennessee high school players, have said Grimes pops on the field and he gets a lot attention from the other team and so his stats aren’t great but he makes a big impact. The recruiting sites suggest he’s a great athlete but is kind of a one trick pony right now with his speed rush. The thing is no one can coach athleticism and Grimes has that in spades. If this is an issue about development, I think we have the coaches to get the most out of him. Now, maybe his lack of statistical production is a harbinger of things to come for Grimes or maybe his lack of statistical production is because he hasn’t been developed well yet and because the other teams scheme to minimize his impact on the game. All in all, I’m sure this guy is a take for the staff and I’m sure he should be a take.

Reminds me of maleik Gray. Athlete more than a football player. There are other guys I’d rather have commit.

Following Will Anderson’s commitment, Bama has 6 LBs committed now (4 outside)

Chris Braswell
Drew Sanders
Will Anderson
Quandarrious Robinson
Demouy Kennedy
Jackson Bratton

Surely they don’t have room for Grimes now
this. for now anyway. seems like Grimes is a USCe/TN battle at this point?

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Following Will Anderson’s commitment, Bama has 6 LBs committed now (4 outside)

Chris Braswell
Drew Sanders
Will Anderson
Quandarrious Robinson
Demouy Kennedy
Jackson Bratton

Surely they don’t have room for Grimes now
Doubt Bama really wants grimes. TN isn’t even sure about him

Reactions: Catbone
Doubt Bama really wants grimes. TN isn’t even sure about him
pretty much unanimous top 40 player, 6'5", 240........

i mean, you take him and figure it out as you go....right?

i'll say this. ii've just assumed he's going to "wind up" at Bama since the very beginning so i've not gotten attached to the idea that he would come here. and siap in this thread, i see why some are skeptical. but he's a kid that has to be accounted for by the opposing offense, so while he's not necessarily blowing up the highlight videos like we've all seen from other top 30-40 prospects, his presence on the field is allowing others around him to make plays.

kinda like Julius Peppers. obvious freak athlete, and when made the freakish play it stood out. but there were always questions about effort level and bieng an 'every down' type player. super high floor type.....

and he's still gonna wind up in the HOF.....

i wonder if Grimes is maybe a victim of some of his success with the current perception? wonder how that affects how is Sr. season goes?

just random thoughts. it's not like these services miss a ton on the top 30ish guys.....and have it stay a miss.....if that makes sense? bottom line, i think if scouts and other evaluators had major concerns, you'd see it reflect in the rankings. maybe it has a bit since he's no longer considered #1 in the state or a uninamous 5*?

i mean i'd take him. lol. and if he winds up not being all that...oh well, it is what it is.........

i wonder if Grimes is maybe a victim of some of his success with the current perception? wonder how that affects how is Sr. season goes?

IMO, his senior season is going to be watched closely. If his doesn't produce again, I could see him ending up at SCjr. But what's clear is that a number of P5 schools have serious questions about him. Clemson told him (when he was a 5*) that they were full. If Bama actually wanted him, the kid would have crawled to Tuscaloosa.

We need pass rushing bodies, so I'd have no problem with UT taking him. But the complete lack of production at the HS level is really bizarre for a kid rated that highly. Although he's not a day 1 starter, with the right coaching and development, I could see this kid becoming a force for a few years.

Reactions: jakez4ut
IMO, his senior season is going to be watched closely. If his doesn't produce again, I could see him ending up at SCjr. But what's clear is that a number of P5 schools have serious questions about him. Clemson told him (when he was a 5*) that they were full. If Bama actually wanted him, the kid would have crawled to Tuscaloosa.

We need pass rushing bodies, so I'd have no problem with UT taking him. But the complete lack of production at the HS level is really bizarre for a kid rated that highly. Although he's not a day 1 starter, with the right coaching and development, I could see this kid becoming a force for a few years.
yeah, he's got the measurables down pat. and i still believe part of the production issue is how offenses have played them. and how they have decided to match up against him, or away from him, as the case may be.

but again, i'm not blind either. i get it, i see why the questions are there.

but it's not everyday you get to hedge your bet on a top 40 player lol. so i'm totally good with it. usually we hedge our bets with .85's not .98's...............................

yeah, he's got the measurables down pat. and i still believe part of the production issue is how offenses have played them. and how they have decided to match up against him, or away from him, as the case may be.

but again, i'm not blind either. i get it, i see why the questions are there.

but it's not everyday you get to hedge your bet on a top 40 player lol. so i'm totally good with it. usually we hedge our bets with .85's not .98's...............................

Oh, I'd love to have the kid; I think his potential if off the charts. If this is the kind of prospect that Pruitt is "settling for," then we're doing pretty well, IMO.

Sorry but I think Grimes is more of an athlete than a “football player”.

His lack of production at the HS level speaks volume.

Seems to be overanked by the recruiting services and if Saban is backing off, that’s a pretty good indication.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk

VN Store

Back