'20 TN ATH Reggie Grimes (Oklahoma commit)

T-shirt and shorts champion of the world. How you rank a kid that high with those stats is beyond me and laughable.

This is like recruiting a center in college basketball. His stats may only say 13 points 8 rebounds and 3 blocks, but he is 6”11 240. You recruit him on potential alone.
If he was a DT, sure. but at DE your job is pretty simple.

I thought those were good stats for a center in basketball
I’d be tickled if those were Kyle Alexander stats. I’m talking about high school. Played against a few guys that big who didn’t have great stats in school but we’re going to pretty big schools in college.

Starting to believe that, honestly.

Doesn't it make sense though?

People say look at the quality of offers over the ratings.

People want us to be fighting for recruits against Bama, not beating out UNC-Charlotte.

People think Bama has the most talent every year.

People think college staffs are better evaluators than recruiting services.

People think Bama has elite evaluations.
But then are surprised when a Bama offer gets a bump.

Doesn't it make sense though?

People say look at the quality of offers over the ratings.

People want us to be fighting for recruits against Bama, not beating out UNC-Charlotte.

People think Bama has the most talent every year.

People think college staffs are better evaluators than recruiting services.

People think Bama has elite evaluations.
But then are surprised when a Bama offer gets a bump.

The big question is why. Why is it that recruits get bumps up with Bamas offer?

They believe more in Saban than themselves. Are they wrong for doing so?
Yea b/c thet bend every which way to defend their rankings (used pappoe height and frame a reason to drop him, even though he's had the same measurements since middle school), claiming who's winners and losers in recruiting (how you giving out wins & loses when you don't know how to evaluate?) , AND giving out ratings to non-existent people. That's just 3 examples of million I could list....

Reactions: SweetasSoda
T-shirt and shorts champion of the world. How you rank a kid that high with those stats is beyond me and laughable.
Rivals rankings:
1)They start with which schools offer and number of offers.
2)If a kid participates in their camp they receive a bump. If not they get a decrease in rankings.
3)If a kid commits to a certain school I.E. Bama or Ohio State, they get an additional bump. If they commit to a school like UT they get penalized in ranking

Bump a kid that gets a Bama or Ohio St offer...ok, I'm fine with that, whatever. Just don't drop a kid whenever it looks like he's going to UT or leaning our way...that's what I have a problem with. Besides committing to the Vols, what exactly has Harrison Bailey done to drop, if only 3 or 4 spots? I want that clown Mike Farrell, or Woody Womack, or whoever, to give ONE reason; and, if they can, it's bullsh*t.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Rivals rankings:
1)They start with which schools offer and number of offers.
2)If a kid participates in their camp they receive a bump. If not they get a decrease in rankings.
3)If a kid commits to a certain school I.E. Bama or Ohio State, they get an additional bump. If they commit to a school like UT they get penalized in ranking

Spot on

VN Store

Back