'22 TN ATH/RB Dallan Hayden (Ohio State commit)

That’s kind of my point about these guys..... HT and EG was two of the most productive players we had.... Them choosing to leave to go to playoff teams is strictly on our university.... if it wasn’t a dysfunctional mess then they would still be Vols...I would consider leaving as well if being a vol wasn’t ingrained into my soul.....I have only missed two home games since 1990 except for the covid season..... most of these players don’t have the same experience.

Regardless of being good players, a purge needed to be made. If they wanted to go, then go. The players who cared about the program are the ones who stayed. Nothing to do with how the violations were investigated. They came to play for Pruitt, who made his own bad decisions. The core of the problems needs to be the blame, not the collateral damage.

Regardless of being good players, a purge needed to be made. If they wanted to go, then go. The players who cared about the program are the ones who stayed. Nothing to do with how the violations were investigated. They came to play for Pruitt, who made his own bad decisions. The core of the problems needs to be the blame, not the collateral damage.
Our problems have went way beyond Pruitt and this past season..... I like the way JH is approaching things and I’m hopeful that DH can turn this universities culture around.

That’s kind of my point about these guys..... HT and EG was two of the most productive players we had.... Them choosing to leave to go to playoff teams is strictly on our university.... if it wasn’t a dysfunctional mess then they would still be Vols...I would consider leaving as well if being a vol wasn’t ingrained into my soul.....I have only missed two home games since 1990 except for the covid season..... most of these players don’t have the same experience.
That was kinda my point. There are some that are truly Vols that would not leave to go to a playoff team because things didn't go the way they wanted. Granted some of these may have not had a choice.

The way AP flirts with the Hayden’s on Twitter is so weird.

UT should personally pay VQ a year's salary to hire someone young and personable to interview kids about UT.

Nothing against AP personally but it is just so awkward watching Stay Puft man interacting with high school kids.

Hayden, who’s the son of former Tennessee and NFL running back Aaron Hayden, said the home-state Vols have been persistent recently in trying to get him back to Knoxville after the ongoing dead period ends May 31. First-year Tennessee coach Josh Heupel’s staff is eager to meet Hayden in person.

“They’ve asked me (about visiting) pretty much almost every time I’ve gotten on the phone,” said the younger Hayden, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 208 overall prospect and No. 19 running back in the 2022 class and the No. 6 junior from the state of Tennessee.

“I’ve told them I’m going to definitely think about it. I’ll just have to sit down with my parents.”

The 5-foot-11, 195-pound Hayden said he doesn’t expect to add a fourth official visit to his schedule for June, but he has “thought about” squeezing in at least one unofficial visit. He said Ohio State, Notre Dame, Tennessee and Auburn are the schools currently recruiting him hardest, “and TCU has been picking it up.”

At the very least, Hayden said the Vols have “made (up) ground” since Heupel’s hiring in late January. He said he hears “from them a lot,” led by running backs coach Jerry Mack and Heupel, and they have made it clear that Hayden is one of their top in-state priorities.

“Coach Mack, Coach Heupel, they’re the main two I really hear from the most,” Hayden said. “I’d probably say (we talk) at least twice a week. They text me pretty much every day.

“They just say, like, that (in) their culture they have fun. I watched a Zoom practice, and it seems like they have a lot of fun. I talk to guys like (Tennessee sophomores) Jabari Small, Omari Thomas. They’re liking the new culture and saying that they’re going to change the program with Coach Heupel.

“Their offense is pretty cool. It’s quick tempo, and usually Coach Heupel’s offense always puts up points. And, for a running back, you’re going to be one-on-one with a safety. It’s designed for that.”

While Hayden hasn’t scheduled an official visit to Tennessee, a school he grew up following and has visited a number of times, he said he’s still considering the Vols.

“I feel like they’ve made (up) ground, because they’ve just always talked about how they wanted me to stay in-state and they need guys to stay in the state of Tennessee,” he said. “I feel like they’re doing a pretty good job.”

As he has gotten to know Heupel and Mack over the past few months, Hayden said he has been impressed by their “attention to detail” and the uptempo offense Heupel is installing at Tennessee.

“They’re both going to put their running backs in a position to be successful,” Hayden said. “They’re going to get the playmakers the ball, and it seems like Coach Heupel’s offense is designed for it to be more of an open box, where the running backs just seem to be one-on-one with a safety.

“I also like how Coach Heupel and Coach Mack, they work on their backs catching it, because that’s more of the style in the NFL. You’ve got to be able to catch, block and run, so he splits his backs out wide. I like that, too.

“I just think their offense is going to be pretty successful.”
-Callahan

UT should personally pay VQ a year's salary to hire someone young and personable to interview kids about UT.

Nothing against AP personally but it is just so awkward watching Stay Puft man interacting with high school kids.
Sounds personal. 😏

Didn’t we take a older brother one year and he didn’t pan out?

No, Chase Hayden wasn’t really pursued by the staff in 2017. He took unofficial visits here and we never went anywhere from there. Probably why there is hesitation from his brother. (Granted Chase Hayden has played at like 3 different schools now….)

Reactions: ChrisVFL
Yep. UT baseball loses in NCAA tournament and instate legacy prospect commits to Ohio State all in the same day. Sounds like a typical day as a Vol fan.

VN Store

Back