'22 TN ATH/RB Dallan Hayden (Ohio State commit)

It seems all UT can hope is for Ohio State to slow play him. Even still, Notre Dame might be #2 on his list.

Would love to have him, but if he does't want to be here, it would be a mistake to take him.
I see these kind of takes all the time and they are some of the most ridiculous I have ever seen..... This is the hardest decisions of a young persons life..... this one decision can make or break the rest of their life.... my daughter just had to go through it at a lower level in basketball and it’s still very difficult....We don’t want kids that consider transferring.... we don’t want kids that may be enamored with other schools..... That kind of thinking will keep us at the bottom of the SEC..... Wherever a kid decides to go to school is where he will put his heart and effort into.... it doesn’t matter the reason he ends up at that school.

Reactions: VolByLaw
I see these kind of takes all the time and they are some of the most ridiculous I have ever seen..... This is the hardest decisions of a young persons life..... this one decision can make or break the rest of their life.... my daughter just had to go through it at a lower level in basketball and it’s still very difficult....We don’t want kids that consider transferring.... we don’t want kids that may be enamored with other schools..... That kind of thinking will keep us at the bottom of the SEC..... Wherever a kid decides to go to school is where he will put his heart and effort into.... it doesn’t matter the reason he ends up at that school’s .
I agree, but if he doesn’t want to become a VOL, he is likely not to play to his potential and hurts his future as well as our team. I am not bashing him at all. It is just the way things go.

I agree, but if he doesn’t want to become a VOL, he is likely not to play to his potential and hurts his future as well as our team. I am not bashing him at all. It is just the way things go.
That’s not true at all..... if he signs with us then that means he decided he wanted to be a VOL......kids that are more detrimental to the team are the middletons who claim they want to be a leader and great but don’t do what is necessary to be one..... Attend team functions/ work hard at their skill.

Reactions: Maxwell865
That’s not true at all..... if he signs with us then that means he decided he wanted to be a VOL......kids that are more detrimental to the team are the middletons who claim they want to be a leader and great but don’t do what is necessary to be one..... Attend team functions/ work hard at their skill.
It is true. If he does want to be a VOL and signed with us, it could not be better. However if he wants to go somewhere else and is persuaded to sign with us, he will likely be in the transfer portal by his second year. This is not good for him or our football team.

It is true. If he does want to be a VOL and signed with us, it could not be better. However if he wants to go somewhere else and is persuaded to sign with us, he will likely be in the transfer portal by his second year. This is not good for him or our football team.
That’s only true if it doesn’t work out at Tennessee.... if he wins a starting job or plenty of carries.... we have a record setting offense then he will be happy and make us all proud..... if we continue to be run like a cluster then chances are not only him but more players will transfer out....

I'm reading this thinking about EG, WM, HT. Wish it always meant they signed because they wanted to be a Vol.

I'm reading this thinking about EG, WM, HT. Wish it always meant they signed because they wanted to be a Vol.
That’s kind of my point about these guys..... HT and EG was two of the most productive players we had.... Them choosing to leave to go to playoff teams is strictly on our university.... if it wasn’t a dysfunctional mess then they would still be Vols...I would consider leaving as well if being a vol wasn’t ingrained into my soul.....I have only missed two home games since 1990 except for the covid season..... most of these players don’t have the same experience.

VN Store

Back