'22 TN ATH/RB Dallan Hayden (Ohio State commit)

Pruitt did that

That’s why Crouch was a LB and Whitehead was a RB, Amari McNeil wanting to play DL, etc.

Pruitt let kids play what position they want.. only problem is the kids wanted to play the wrong position
Nailed it to a degree. He also wanted Dallan Hayden as a DB, though, and several other offensive prospects he wanted as defensive backs, particularly. It is his area of expertise, so it isn't really a surprise that he saw potential in athletes to succeed at that position.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Perfect timing Mr. Hayden! We are in need of a couple of RBs in the next class!

Hayden and James. I honestly think we could use a third. It’s going to be really interesting to see how this class shapes up once the NCAA makes its decision. Going to be some tough decisions. I bet we have a few ugly GITs before it’s all done.

Hayden and James. I honestly think we could use a third. It’s going to be really interesting to see how this class shapes up once the NCAA makes its decision. Going to be some tough decisions. I bet we have a few ugly GITs before it’s all done.
The NCAA doesn’t move fast at all. Don’t be surprised if it isn’t next year before we get a verdict. The university would be smart to apply them this year.

Reactions: PA Vol
Reading thread after thread of instate kids “clearly preferring” other schools is so sad. It’s like Kentucky in the old days, except the # of blue chip players is way higher in Tennessee now. Butch had 1-2 good crops of in state guys. And that’s been it. The folks in the recruiting office are supposed to be VFL and it’s gonna take a while to fix this.

Reactions: berryvol
Reading thread after thread of instate kids “clearly preferring” other schools is so sad. It’s like Kentucky in the old days, except the # of blue chip players is way higher in Tennessee now. Butch had 1-2 good crops of in state guys. And that’s been it. The folks in the recruiting office are supposed to be VFL and it’s gonna take a while to fix this.
It’s bc we have made our program a dysfunctional mess...... DW is a huge step in the right direction..... we need our administration.... university..... city.... players(current and former).... fans all pushing in the same direction.

It’s bc we have made our program a dysfunctional mess...... DW is a huge step in the right direction..... we need our administration.... university..... city.... players(current and former).... fans all pushing in the same direction.
We need to let the man work. He is a marketing machine.

“They’re just telling me that they really want me to be a part of the family, and they feel like a lot of us in the state, including myself, could bring UT back to what it was back in the old days,” Hayden said.

“Coach Heupel just tells me he feels like I would fit his offense perfect. I’m not only going to run the ball, but I’m going to be involved a lot in the passing game, as well. He likes to use his backs. He likes every-down backs, and he feels like that’s what I am.”

Hayden admitted “it feels pretty good” to know that Tennessee is recruiting him to play his preferred position. The Vols’ former staff, which initially viewed him as an athlete who could play in the secondary, had taken more of an open-ended approach in discussing Hayden’s possible position in the final months before Pruitt’s firing.

Mack, a Memphis native, has spent the past couple weeks introducing himself to Hayden and starting to develop a relationship with him. Hayden said he likes what he has heard so far from Mack, who served as Rice’s offensive coordinator for the past three years.

“He just seems like a really cool guy,” Hayden said of Mack. “He seems like he’s going to be a really good coach — try to coach you to be the best you can be, but also be there for you off the field.”
He said he “possibly” could announce his choice by the end of May, although he doesn’t have a set date in mind.

“I’ll probably make a decision sometime in the spring,” Hayden said. “I can’t really give you an exact date, because it’s just a lot with this pandemic. But I’m going to try to at least get up to those other two campuses on my own and then go from there.”
-Callahan

VN Store

Back