'22 TN ATH/RB Dallan Hayden (Ohio State commit)

Dallan Hayden already has received scholarship offers from a few SEC schools, but the recruiting process still is just beginning for him. Since he’s only a freshman in high school, college coaches can't directly contact him. And he hasn’t been on many visits. But the Class of 2022 athlete from Christian Brothers High School in Memphis, Tenn., already knows it will be difficult for him to turn down the opportunity to play at Tennessee, where his father, Aaron Hayden, was a standout running back for the Vols.

“I’ll definitely consider the University of Tennessee,” said the younger Hayden, who received his first offer in late July from the Vols after participating in one of their camps in June. Assuming Tennessee recruits him hard, the 5-foot-10.5, 175-pound Hayden said his offer from the Vols “would probably be tough to turn down.” He naturally was a Tennessee fan growing up because of his father’s history at the school “I bleed orange and white,” Hayden said.

Hayden said Vols cornerbacks coach Terry Fair, who was one of his father’s teammates at Tennessee, stopped at his school last month to check on him while the Vols still were recruiting one of the younger Hayden’s Christian Brothers teammates, four-star Georgia defensive line signee Bill Norton. “They were just asking how the season went and how much I weigh and stuff like that,” Dallan Hayden said.

He said he’s hoping to return to Tennessee soon for one of its upcoming junior days, and while the Vols missed out on a bowl game during their first season under coach Jeremy Pruitt’s staff, he liked what he saw from them on the field. “I watched a lot of their games,” Hayden said. “I like what they’re building, and I liked the wins against Kentucky and Auburn. I feel like their program’s going in the right direction.” Hayden said he’s hoping to “get to know the coaches better” as he continues to get more familiar with Tennessee. “I like Coach Pruitt’s staff,” Hayden said. "I feel like the players love him, too. That’s kind of what I look for when you’re picking a program. He seems like he’s genuine and straightforward.”

2022 tailback Dallan Hayden of Christian Brothers has grown considerably since we saw him at the Rivals camp a year ago. Aaron Hayden’s son played mostly corner last season but will be the feature ‘back this fall. He’s up to 5-11, 175-pounds now and he easily has the frame to be 205. At this age, Arkansas tailback Chase Hayden, his older brother, was only 145 pounds, per Aaron. Dallan plays more like Aaron, per the dad, and will camp at Tennessee again this summer, where he did last season and earned an early offer.

-VQ

Offers from us, Mizzou, and Vandy and interest from Arkansas already. That's pretty impressive for a freshman.

This kid is ripped up with muscles already, I can see him playing on the offensive side of the ball when it all said and done. His strength is his best quality right now. At the Opening in St Louis, he ran a 4.9.

Dallan already entered school with an offer from Tennessee the summer before his first varsity game. Growing up a Vols fan, it was a special feeling in the Hayden household. "Dallan was just super ecstatic," Aaron said. "It was a pretty cool moment and pretty much put them firmly in his mind being his first offer." Aaron and his wife, a former Vols cheerleader, often took his sons to games where they got to know former coaches Philip Fulmer and Johnny Majors.

Dallan went to start 10 games at cornerback for Christian Brothers and held his own against players like MUS’ Maurice Hampton, who has signed with LSU and is the state's top 2019 prospect, according to the 247Sports Composite. “He was too athletic and too physical not to put him on the field,” McDaniel said. “It’s yet to be determined what he turns into, but right now it looks like the ceiling is pretty high.”

Dallan Hayden, son of former Tennessee football star, gets SEC offers as freshman

Hopefully we dont screw this one up like we did his older brother.

Butch is a idiot

I know this post was almost a year ago, but I believe Butch’s staff wanted Chase as a slot receiver. He wanted to play RB. Maybe things change, but I think they were correct. I said when he was recruited that he probably wouldn’t be a full time SEC back.

I know this post was almost a year ago, but I believe Butch’s staff wanted Chase as a slot receiver. He wanted to play RB. Maybe things change, but I think they were correct. I said when he was recruited that he probably wouldn’t be a full time SEC back.

Number one rule in recruiting is to tell them that you will let them start out at the position they want to play and if it doesn't work out, you will switch them to the position they are best suited for.

Better to switch positions then not have them at all.

Number one rule in recruiting is to tell them that you will let them start out at the position they want to play and if it doesn't work out, you will switch them to the position they are best suited for.

Better to switch positions then not have them at all.

Not sure if he was good enough to say that. He played about five minutes from my house but only saw a little film. Just not sure he’s a full time SEC back.

Not sure I’d take him over Jordan but yea it would have been nice to have had him over Trey Coleman.

VN Store

Back