'22 TN ATH/RB Dallan Hayden (Ohio State commit)

He’s been gone.

His dad chastising Vol fans for allegedly tweeting at Ty when he picked an out of state school wasn’t a coincidence. He doesn’t want Dallen to face the criticism when the inevitable happens.

Re: losing Dallen, so be it. Homer in me thinks Heupel’s offense is going to be very appealing to a number of quality backs. We’ll get a good one (or two) regardless.

He’s been gone.

His dad chastising Vol fans for allegedly tweeting at Ty when he picked an out of state school wasn’t a coincidence. He doesn’t want Dallen to face the criticism when the inevitable happens.

Re: losing Dallen, so be it. Homer in me thinks Heupel’s offense is going to be very appealing to a number of quality backs. We’ll get a good one (or two) regardless.

That's where I'm at... no one "top tier" is going to consider us until they see what put on the field this season.. I think we'll be a player with some guys that seem to be out the door come December

That's where I'm at... no one "top tier" is going to consider us until they see what put on the field this season.. I think we'll be a player with some guys that seem to be out the door come December
I wouldn’t give any in state kid that’s in such a rush to commit now the time of day later. Even if they’re highly ranked. Go find better players then kick their a**es on the field over the next few years, then maybe the future in state kids will get a clue that you have to take UT serious

I wouldn’t give any in state kid that’s in such a rush to commit now the time of day later. Even if they’re highly ranked. Go find better players then kick their a**es on the field over the next few years, then maybe the future in state kids will get a clue that you have to take UT serious

Ready for a coach to put a product on the field the entire college football community takes seriously! Been too long.

While it was a highly questionable move by Pruitt, I still don’t understand the logic in these kids holding Heupel accountable for Pruitt’s missteps. Same thing with Sam Horn.

Who says they are? Perhaps they just have better relationships at these other schools and feel more comfortable going there. Pretty common with new staffs.

While it was a highly questionable move by Pruitt, I still don’t understand the logic in these kids holding Heupel accountable for Pruitt’s missteps. Same thing with Sam Horn.
It’s not that. They’re being told by the “playoff schools” to commit now or they won’t have a spot later, and it’s working.

It’s such a beta mentality to buy into that as a recruit imo. If I was one of these kids and a coach told me that, I’d take them off my list completely. Because if I’m as talented as one of these kids my mindset is “I can go anywhere in the country and be one of the best players regardless. I don’t need Alabama/Clemson/OSU/etc to be good.” But apparently no major recruit in the south thinks that way.

It is very difficult to overcome the negative recruiting that the Alabamas, Georgias, Clemsons and Ohio States throw out there. Heupel will get a few of them this year, but will do very well after they see what is offense can produce. He may be able to change a few minds after the season is over. Just hope he doesn't fill up the class too early and leaves a couple of slots for the difference makers.

It is very difficult to overcome the negative recruiting that the Alabamas, Georgias, Clemsons and Ohio States throw out there. Heupel will get a few of them this year, but will do very well after they see what is offense can produce. He may be able to change a few minds after the season is over. Just hope he doesn't fill up the class too early and leaves a couple of slots for the difference makers.

I think we’re safe here

If the kid chooses to be something other than a vol then good luck. It's a free world and you get to make your own mistakes and triumps in life. But, if it doesn't work out the door needs to be shut on him coming here. It send a message that "well, I can ways transfer to Tennessee if it doesn't work out." We need to not be a kids fall back option. JMO

Reactions: #1GatorHater
If the kid chooses to be something other than a vol then good luck. It's a free world and you get to make your own mistakes and triumps in life. But, if it doesn't work out the door needs to be shut on him coming here. It send a message that "well, I can ways transfer to Tennessee if it doesn't work out." We need to not be a kids fall back option. JMO

I don’t recall OSU fans complaining when Justin Fields made them his fall back option.

So you don’t think we should take transfers that we recruited out of HS but didn’t land?

Who says they are? Perhaps they just have better relationships at these other schools and feel more comfortable going there. Pretty common with new staffs.
Well, to be clear, in Hayden’s case, I’m merely postulating based on the previous poster’s belief that Pruitt’s failure to recruit him as RB was an issue with Hayden.

In Horn’s case, he flat out said it, himself. So, to answer your first question...Sam Horn says they are. At least in his particular case.

Reactions: Kristy*

giphy.gif

It’s not that. They’re being told by the “playoff schools” to commit now or they won’t have a spot later, and it’s working.

It’s such a beta mentality to buy into that as a recruit imo. If I was one of these kids and a coach told me that, I’d take them off my list completely. Because if I’m as talented as one of these kids my mindset is “I can go anywhere in the country and be one of the best players regardless. I don’t need Alabama/Clemson/OSU/etc to be good.” But apparently no major recruit in the south thinks that way.
Again, in Horn’s case, it was exactly that, at least partially. He came out and said as much. Now, Horn, and perhaps even Hayden, aren’t necessarily considered “elite” by these top schools, so perhaps they really do believe that their spots at places like Clemson, Bama, and OSU truly have expiration dates. If that is really where they want to go, unless you are a true top-100 type kid, you need to jump in or they will move on to the next kid.

I agree, kids don’t need to go to these schools to be good players, but if they want to win and compete for titles, it’s probably in their best interest. In college football, those schools hold a monopoly on winning.

VN Store

Back