'24 TN CB Ondre Evans (uGA commit)

Apparently, Tennessee was all over him as a WR but when he made the change to CB and decided that’s where he wants to play in college, UT lost interest. Sounds like UT doesn’t think much of him as a CB.
Based on our secondary play and coaching, I would tend to favor UGA's eval on this one.

Apparently, Tennessee was all over him as a WR but when he made the change to CB and decided that’s where he wants to play in college, UT lost interest. Sounds like UT doesn’t think much of him as a CB.
If schools like LSU and UGA like him as a DB, maybe we should have reevaluated our assessment. I'll worry about the ones we got, but passing on him for that reason seems odd in light of who he has committed to for that position.

Reactions: Nooga
If schools like LSU and UGA like him as a DB, maybe we should have reevaluated our assessment. I'll worry about the ones we got, but passing on him for that reason seems odd in light of who he has committed to for that position.
This isn't the same LSU DBU that we're used to. I'd give you UGA though.

This isn't the same LSU DBU that we're used to. I'd give you UGA though.
LSU has had 8 DBs drafted in the last 4 years. Same as UGA. And more importantly, 6 more than we've had drafted in that time.

They may not be the same caliber and recognizable names, but they are still churning them out.

Reactions: ChiTownVol
LSU has had 8 DBs drafted in the last 4 years. Same as UGA. And more importantly, 6 more than we've had drafted in that time.

They may not be the same caliber and recognizable names, but they are still churning them out.
I'm referring to now. They haven't been the same since Brian Kelly took over thus far. Even last year, some of their DB's were higher on draft boards entering the season but stock actually dropped. It was more so LSU's previous staffs (and many of those staffs had DB Coach Corey Raymond) that were churning out high caliber DB's. We were accustomed to them having DB's taken in the 1st 3 rounds.

Last edited:
LSU’s DBs look worse than ours did last yr.
they are worse. They were worse last year also.

LSU lost the coach that recruited all of those DBs and the coach that developed them.

DBs in high school are the most difficult position to evaluate due to the limited exposure to elite passing games and talent.

Those aren't Brian Kelly's recruits. Those are DB's from the prior coaching staff and holdovers.

Maybe UGA and LSU are telling him CB but plan to ultimately move him to WR.

I think we all know that Heupel's staff shoots straight with recruits.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back