'22 TN ATH Keaten Wade (Kensucky commit)

volbeast33

You can count on Carlos!
You’re taking away the massive void left by the total collapse of FSU and Miami tanking... UNC was irrelevant so it’s not like they had the same challenging situation that Tennessee unfortunately has. Clemson can’t be used as a fair comparison for Tennessee unless they deal with the same situation. I doubt Clemson takes the meteoric rise they experienced had they recruited at that 2-3 star level while competing every year with Georgia, Florida, and Alabama. Throw in the rotation west team means one year it’s Miss St then the next it’s LSU... it’s just a lot more difficult for Tennessee with that path than it was for Clemson.
Being in the sec is more difficult but it’s still the way we should build.... quit worrying about beating Georgia, Alabama, and Florida...... worry about building a solid program and those wins will start happening... we need to be a fun exciting team with a good culture that kids want to play for.

Berry4Heisman14

Will we ever be relevant again?
I’ll probably get roasted for this comment but it’s different getting Low 4s and Higher 3 star kids that you can actually develop. I know that’s not what the star gazers will want to hear but when you can develop a kid instead of getting a 4-5 star kid that comes in and he’s either entitled or promised to start cause of his ranking or just doesn’t pan out, I’d rather have kids that you can mold and develop.

If CH can win and then you get the higher ranked kids AND you develop them as well, ooooo boy.

It’s a shame that kids came in under Pruitt and some seem to regress.
Oh yeah those 4 and 5 stars for Bama really aren’t working out

Lol he was referring to our 4 and 5 stars that haven’t panned out a la JJP. Good job 👏 utilizing those “Critical Reading Skills” 😂

Also, when did this become an Alabama board.....

@MetalVolunteer I got you

Okboomer

Every time I log into this website I’m surprised my someone’s lack of critical thinking or common sense. He was clearly referring the all the 5 and 4 star bust o UT’s roster JP brought in and won a whopping all time low 3 games, and barely at that. Then again you could be 14 and this all just above your head. We’ll go with that

NashVol615: The Wade twins for sure set on committing to a school in April?
If they commit to Tennessee do you think they shut down their recruitment?

Callahan: Keaten Wade and Destin Wade haven’t set a date for an announcement or anything, but their goal right now is to announce a decision sometime next month. It always could be subject to change, but they’re operating under the assumption that they will be ready to make a decision by next month, with tentatively planned trips for Virginia and Kentucky coming up over the next few weeks.
You never say never in recruiting, but I think they’re likely to shut things down, for the most part, once they make a decision.

I think Tennessee would like for those guys to jump-start this class and try to be sort of the in-state faces of this class, and the Wades don’t seem like the types of kids who are likely to continue looking around much once they make a commitment.

DarkAvenger

Hughey to the hill 2021
Being in the sec is more difficult but it’s still the way we should build.... quit worrying about beating Georgia, Alabama, and Florida...... worry about building a solid program and those wins will start happening... we need to be a fun exciting team with a good culture that kids want to play for.
Asking me to stop worrying about those teams is akin to asking me to developing dementia and forgetting where I came from. No thanks bud. I remember what Tennessee football meant and I don’t plan to forget. It’s the reason I have put up with this ******** for over a decade. You do what you need to.

DBBaker26

Clemson had Sammy Watkins... Tahj Boyd was a 6th round draft pick. Outside of Sammy I can’t think of a superstar they had back then.
+/- 1 year of Watkins draft class they had DeAndre Hopkins, Vic Beasley, and Stephone Anthony(plus Watkins) all as first rounders. Andre Ellington, Bashaud Breeland, Martavis Bryant, and Boyd were all pretty darn good and drafted in later rounds from those same 3 classes. Also had Shaq Lawson(another 1st rounder) on that team although not a starter yet.

volbeast33

You can count on Carlos!
Asking me to stop worrying about those teams is akin to asking me to developing dementia and forgetting where I came from. No thanks bud. I remember what Tennessee football meant and I don’t plan to forget. It’s the reason I have put up with this ******** for over a decade. You do what you need to.
I didn’t mean forget about them forever..... our goal is to reach that level..... you don’t go from hoping you can beat vandy to get win 3 to recruiting on the same level as Georgia and Bama..... it will take building a solid foundation and progression to a stable program..... At that time we will take the next step to being an elite program.

sjt18

Saban is a good evaluator of talent. The recruiting sites KNOW that Saban is a highly successful recruiter of talent. When things appear to be equal... the guys Saban shows the most interest in will get a nod from the recruiting sites. That's fine and natural. However it does not mean that a lot of kids with just as much talent do not get underrated. They do.

Cam Sutton was probably the best DB to play at UT for a while. He was a 3*. Moseley was a 3*. Justin Coleman has found a way to get paid by the NFL for the last 5 years and was a 3* that wasn't all that successful at UT primarily due to coaching.

sjt18

We’re not getting 9 wins with a bunch of 2 and 3*s. Get real please.
Besides maybe a kicker... what 2* players has UT seriously recruited as scholarship players recently? Now? I know you are prone to negative hyperbole... but right now... UT isn't dependent on a "bunch of 2 and 3*'s". We will see how that goes when the new staff is no longer subject to the dead period.

VN Store

Sponsors