'20 TN ATH Elijah Young (Missouri Commit)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
4_7772610.JPG

WR/RB
5-11
CLASS OF 20
KNOXVILLE, TN
(SOUTH-DOYLE)

Elijah Young, South-Doyle, Wide Receiver

Elijah Young, 2020 Athlete - Rivals.com

Last edited:
The Knoxville area hasn’t always been known for producing SEC level football talent, but that’s started to change in recent years. One representative of that trend in the 2020 class is South Doyle athlete Elijah Young. Young (5-foot-9, 165 pounds) picked up a very early offer from Tennessee’s previous staff and quickly emerged as a target for Jeremy Pruitt and his regime after the coaching change in December.

The speedy Young has had a chance to make a couple of unofficial visits to campus since Pruitt took over, most recently for the Vols’ Orange & White Game that wrapped up spring practice. His first impression of Pruitt seems consistent with what other prospects have had to say about the Vols’ new head man. “Coach Pruitt is a straight shooter, that’s my biggest impression of him so far,” Young said when asked about the Vols’ new head coach. “He’s just going to ‘keep it 100’ with you all the way. I like that a lot. “He and all the new coaches seem that way. They’re not going to sugarcoat anything with you. I really like what I know about them so far.”

A two-way standout in high school Young could project as a receiver or a defensive back at the next level and the jury definitely seems to still be out among recruiters as to which side of the ball fits him better. At last week’s NIKE The Opening event in Nashville Young worked on offense, but he’s open to playing anywhere in college.

“Tennessee is just recruiting me as an athlete right now,” Young said of the message he’s gotten from the Vols. “They want to see me play some more and that’s pretty much what other schools have said as well. “It doesn’t really matter to me, I like offense and defense.”

Young recently clocked a 10.74 in the 100-meter dash, stamping himself as a contender for a state title in the event. That kind of speed has caught the attention of more programs than just Tennessee of late. He’s picked up offers from South Carolina and Louisville recently and has started receiving heavy interest from Notre Dame as well.

“I’m just listening to what all the coaches have to say right now and trying to learn more about the different schools,” Young said of his recruitment. “I’ve taken a few visits, and I want to try to get up to Notre Dame this summer. “I don’t really have any leaders this early, I’m still just trying to gather information about the different schools.”

-VQ

Clark's youngest brother used to hang out with my bunch after they moved to Kingsport.. I remember seeing Clark compete in track. That dude had some serious speed..

I know, cool story bruh..

Imo he is down the line. I don’t believe he was pressed to commit. As someone stated on here, he hasn’t been consistent enough to dominate Gibbs and Halls. He can flat run but consistency is a question mark surrounding his game for some.

-Price

The fact that he’s a stones throw away yet we don’t bring him in every chance we can like we do Cooper and Baron should tell you he’s down the line.

Similar measureables to Callaway it seems.

Reactions: Bring_Back_Dooley
I’m told that he hasn’t qualified yet and he’s a tweener, but no one is questioning his ability to make plays.

You were probably misinformed. EY is fast and a great athlete but that doesn’t always translate on the field. Production and consistency isn’t there.

His name is never mentioned when various recruiting sites name in state guys were prioritizing.

I mean.... look at his offer list. Do you really believe the staff is pressing for him and he’s flat out saying no, because he’s amped about his UK, Bethel, Louisville, or Tennessee-Martin offers?

You were probably misinformed. EY is fast and a great athlete but that doesn’t always translate on the field. Production and consistency isn’t there.

His name is never mentioned when various recruiting sites name in state guys were prioritizing.

I mean.... look at his offer list. Do you really believe the staff is pressing for him and he’s flat out saying no, because he’s amped about his UK, Bethel, Louisville, or Tennessee-Martin offers?

He wants to play RB and Kentucky offered him as an all purpose back with a chance to start for them. He’s probably going to commit to them once he gets qualified. South Carolina has offered him too.

If he wants to be a Vol, he certainly has the chance but UT’s sees him as a WR in the slot not RB.

He wants to play RB and Kentucky offered him as an all purpose back with a chance to start for them. He’s probably going to commit to them once he gets qualified. South Carolina has offered him too.

If he wants to be a Vol, he certainly has the chance but UT’s sees him as a WR in the slot not RB.
Well that sounds eerily familiar.

Reactions: Vol Main

VN Store

Back