Vols no longer pursuing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tennessee’s in-state talent for the Class of 2022 is solid and Destin Wade of Summit High School will be a name to watch. The 6-foot-3, 205-pound athlete led his team to the 5A state championship game this past season and accounted for 27 total touchdowns and over 2,000 yards from scrimmage. “I feel like I’m an aggressive player,” Wade told Volquest. “I’m elusive and do well escaping when the pocket collapses. I also throw well on the run and am getting better at working through my progression to find open receivers.” “My head coach called me and told me to call coach [Jeremy] Pruitt and coach [Tee] Martin. That’s when they said I had an offer,” Wade remembered. “It was a great feeling – I was excited. It’s in-state and I know they have a great program. “It would be cool to play for them.”
With good size and athleticism, Wade is listed as an athlete. He’s certainly capable of playing the quarterback position but might find his way onto a Power 5 roster at another position. “Tennessee hasn’t really specified where they want me yet,” Wade said of the Vols. “But they told me I was a priority for them on their boards. “I feel like the more I talk to schools [such as Tennessee] during this process, I’ll have a better feel of what I might be playing.” Kentucky, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Ole Miss and Vanderbilt have joined UT with offers from the SEC. Arizona State, Penn State and Eastern Kentucky have also offered. Wade is also hearing from Northwestern. “Tennessee is definitely talking to me the most right now,” Wade said. “After them, it’s probably South Carolina and then Arizona State.”
The Tennessee native made stops at LSU and Ole MIss prior to the coronavirus shut down and checked in with Kentucky back in December. “Training there has really helped me tone my skills and mechanics,” the athlete said of NPA. “My footwork has definitely improved, and they are working me to become an all-around better athlete so I can play on both sides of the ball.” It’s early for Wade in the recruiting process and there will be plenty more interest along the way. Down the road, the quarterback hopes to make a commitment sometime during his senior season after taking more visits and meeting more coaching staffs. “I’m wanting a coaching staff that will help me on and off the field,” the Vol target said. “I want to make sure I’m a good fit in their program and want to know how they want to use me. “Really, I just want a coach that will bring out the best in me.” Wade concluded the interview acknowledging the progress Pruitt is making in Knoxville. “It looks like he is doing well right now,” Wade said of Tennessee’s head coach. “He’s recruiting well with the classes of 2020 and 2021 and it looks like they will be good for the next few years. He’s a good coach that’s building a program to compete for a national championship.”
-vq

I'm always surprised when recruits mention us as talking to them the most. You'd think lesser schools would be constantly blowing up a recruit's phone to try to establish the best relationship since they can't offer much else. Maybe they try and the recruit sees Derek Mason on the caller id and lets it go to voicemail

Last edited:
Film is kind of like Juaun Jennings with a little less accuracy. He could end up here but he wont be a QB.
Was just about to post that the kid looks like Juaun Jennings in highschool then realized as I was scrolling up to check his class year I saw I had already said this previously. 😂😂

Was just about to post that the kid looks like Juaun Jennings in highschool then realized as I was scrolling up to check his class year I saw I had already said this previously. 😂😂
I thought it but didn't say it because I just said it about someone else yesterday and was wondering if I just want everyone to be like JJ.

Is he being recruited to Tennessee as a QB. If so, would that hurt us with Simpson. I know we are high on his brother at linebacker.

Is he being recruited to Tennessee as a QB. If so, would that hurt us with Simpson. I know we are high on his brother at linebacker.
Not as a QB. Vols really covet the brother and see them as a package deal. WR or LB for Destin, I'd say.

Reactions: shane80
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back