Vols no longer pursuing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think they be missed .. they top 10 in TN .... they would not be in top 50 in ga , fla , ala .. we will get plays equal or better talent .. kid from Indiana at QB .. Lb are all over South..

Don't think they be missed .. they top 10 in TN .... they would not be in top 50 in ga , fla , ala .. we will get plays equal or better talent .. kid from Indiana at QB .. Lb are all over South..
A 4 or 5* in Tenn is a 3 or 4* in any of those states. I get more excited over a 4* in Ga or Fla than a 5* from Tennessee.

Congrats Destin. Seems like yesterday all you kids were playing little league football and basketball together!
we get it. Your friends with their family. Your kids played ball with them when they were younger. We get it. Congratulations.
Why not just tell them that in person, rather than make a show of it here? It’s an attempt to get yourself some cred, for some reason which is beyond my ability to comprehend.

Can you imagine a scenario where he ends up at WR at Kentucky, their starting QB gets hurt, then Destin replaces him and beats us?
I don’t see a situation after this season where Kentucky comes within 30 of us. Their offense isn’t going to change any and they’ll get smacked around by fast paced teams if said team can have any sort of defense (which we will)

I don’t see a situation after this season where Kentucky comes within 30 of us. Their offense isn’t going to change any and they’ll get smacked around by fast paced teams if said team can have any sort of defense (which we will)
it was a joke. Not too long ago they beat us with a WR playing QB

Reactions: swampfoxfan

I think your right. The days over a goober running the program is almost over. Yes, we've taken a recruiting hit due to the malfeasance of the last staff. It took a doofus at the helm playing one of the worst 3 year starters in UT history to look totally inept trying to score. No one from the outside was able to figure out all season what we were trying to accomplish because it looked like a mess.

it was a joke. Not too long ago they beat us with a WR playing QB
Well I wasn’t joking

We just hired the HC that had the number 2 scoring offense in college football last season and has been too 5 nationally the past 3 years. Kentucky has never beaten a Tennessee team that ranks inside the top 100 offensively this century,

We are not beating UK by 30. Their defense is better than you think.

Reactions: VolByLaw
we get it. Your friends with their family. Your kids played ball with them when they were younger. We get it. Congratulations.
Why not just tell them that in person, rather than make a show of it here? It’s an attempt to get yourself some cred, for some reason which is beyond my ability to comprehend.

Was not my intent at all. Thanks!

A 4 or 5* in Tenn is a 3 or 4* in any of those states. I get more excited over a 4* in Ga or Fla than a 5* from Tennessee.
No. That’s Ridiculous!

So based on what you are saying is a 4-5 star in Arkansas, Montana, Nevada, or say Iowa would be a 2-3 star in Tennessee? I saw a lot of HS games when I lived in So Fla. Big time programs like Miami Central, St Thomas Aquinas, Ely, and Cardinal Gibbons. They had 3-4 stars all over the field. Most were rated that high, were so based only by the school they played. A lot were big, fast, and strong, but could not play a lick. Some were phenomenal, and excelled in college and the NFL. Much more than TN, because of the states population, not because they were from Fla. Those schools I mentioned, plus IMG, get kids from all over the south to play for them. Ravenwood is starting to do that....

If you’re dominant in a higher classification in your state, you can play well anywhere.

Last edited:
No. That’s Ridiculous!

So based on what you are saying is a 4-5 star in Arkansas, Montana, Nevada, or say Iowa would be a 2-3 star in Tennessee? I saw a lot of HS games when I lived in So Fla. Big time programs like Miami Central, St Thomas Aquinas, Ely, and Cardinal Gibbons. They had 3-4 stars all over the field. Most were rated that high, were so based only by the school they played. A lot were big, fast, and strong, but could not play a lick. Some were phenomenal, and excelled in college and the NFL. Much more than TN, because of the states population, not because they were from Fla. Those schools I mentioned, plus IMG, get kids from all over the south to play for them. Ravenwood is starting to do that....

If you’re dominant in a higher classification in your state, you can play well anywhere.

While that is true, I still would rather have the dominant players in the most talent rich states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back