Vols no longer pursuing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just glad he is not Destin to Florida.
tenor.gif

“It was just great to experience the whole city vibe of Knoxville,” said Wade, who’s ranked the No. 415 overall prospect and No. 9 athlete in the 2022 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

“I got to see some of the facilities, the practice field and stuff like that, where I’d stay in the dorms. I got to see the academic buildings, as well, so that really helped a lot.”

“I maybe remember, like, the stadium, being around it,” he said. “But taking a closer look and stuff like that just made me see how big it is. It was new to me all around the campus, pretty much, so it was great to see.

“I could really see myself walking around the campus and stuff like that. Just looking at the downtown city and stuff like that was really cool.”
“I think we’re still open to a lot of options, but I think we’re narrowing it down soon.”

He said they started their spring break by traveling to Tennessee in part because it’s “close” to home, “and we had never been there before, or we only saw it for a little bit, so we really wanted to get up there and see what Knoxville is all about.”

“They’ve been just saying they could use me as an athlete, too — not as quarterback,” he said. “I’m supposed to be watching some film with (offensive coordinator Alex) Golesh and stuff like that to really go in-depth and see how they see me.”
-Callahan

Last edited by a moderator:
The two Wade twins and the Sneed kid will be our only 3 commits this year. We will take 17 transfers. The other 5 will be empty due to scholarship reductions.

Tennessee was not able to host Destin and Keaten Wade this week but the twins made the trip to Knoxville to see campus themselves and had a really nice trip. They were accompanied by their mother and one of their teammates from Summit.
The twins made the trip up to Louisville on Thursday but we don’t believe the Cardinals are a serious factor. They are set to take a visit up to Virginia the first week of April. Bronco Mendenhall has done a really good job of recruiting them, the distance may be a bit too much. Kentucky is the other team in the mix and can’t be discounted but the Vols continue to surge in this one.
-VQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back