‘23 TN RB DeSean Bishop (Tennessee commit)

Ran 49 times for over 350 yards tonight

Kid needs to transfer tbh. His coach is gonna run him into the ground before his college career even starts. They’re giving him Derrick Henry HS carries but Henry was 6’3 240 in high school.. Bishop is only 5’10 185.

Man if a coach ran my son this much we'd hv to hv a meeting. 49 carries is a complete coaching malpractice and setting the kid up to not have much left later on down the line. Killing this kids body with overworking him.

Man if a coach ran my son this much we'd hv to hv a meeting. 49 carries is a complete coaching malpractice and setting the kid up to not have much left later on down the line. Killing this kids body with overworking him.
Also, when any running back is over used, he is much more likely to b injured late in games. When a team is up by more than 3 TDs, no need to expose them to additional chances for sever injury. However, some players/parents land coaches love the attention they get from putting up BIG numbers. Big egos are often result in big problems.

Also, when any running back is over used, he is much more likely to b injured late in games. When a team is up by more than 3 TDs, no need to expose them to additional chances for sever injury. However, some players/parents land coaches love the attention they get from putting up BIG numbers. Big egos are often result in big problems.

yes man that happened here in Nashville a year or two ago and people went on FB and trashed the coach. It was unreal and I know he looked at his mentions and signed off. Then we tried to help the kid and on his highlights it had that game and a lower level coach said damn coach does he have anything left in the tank after a 49 carry game. We showed that text to the HC and he said man I’m sorry I didn’t recognize how it would hurt the kid down the line. A lot of these guys don’t recognize things like this.

yes man that happened here in Nashville a year or two ago and people went on FB and trashed the coach. It was unreal and I know he looked at his mentions and signed off. Then we tried to help the kid and on his highlights it had that game and a lower level coach said damn coach does he have anything left in the tank after a 49 carry game. We showed that text to the HC and he said man I’m sorry I didn’t recognize how it would hurt the kid down the line. A lot of these guys don’t recognize things like this.
But "coaches get paid to win games and if it works it doesn't matter." Not quoting you, I just find it funny that people change their opinions in every argument to fit their argument

But "coaches get paid to win games and if it works it doesn't matter." Not quoting you, I just find it funny that people change their opinions in every argument to fit their argument

i agree but as a coach you hv to take into consideration that high school kids have a future and you can’t be so selfish as to run the kid in the ground to get a win. Anything over 25 carries is excessive as hell

i agree but as a coach you hv to take into consideration that high school kids have a future and you can’t be so selfish as to run the kid in the ground to get a win. Anything over 25 carries is excessive as hell

Guess you better get that memo to Saban after yesterday's 36 carry performance by his lead back. Strange he was not aware of the universally accepted 25 carry limit. Senility maybe?

Guess you better get that memo to Saban after yesterday's 36 carry performance by his lead back. Strange he was not aware of the universally accepted 25 carry limit. Senility maybe?
It was a big game where the #2 back got hurt, of course their top back is going to have to take on extra carries

It was a big game where the #2 back got hurt, of course their top back is going to have to take on extra carries

So excessive is not excessive when it fits another coaches and players agenda? Bottom line, posting edicts about coaching decisions is excessive when you are not on the sideline during practice or games where you have knowledge of all the facts. On obvious excessive pie hole violation that you seem to want to defend.

So excessive is not excessive when it fits another coaches and players agenda? Bottom line, posting edicts about coaching decisions is excessive when you are not on the sideline during practice or games where you have knowledge of all the facts. On obvious excessive pie hole violation that you seem to want to defend.
Not sure that is Nick Saban agenda. The most rushes a player has had after that in a single game is 12 rushes. They just lost their RB2 and he had to carry the load for one game. Their recent 1st round pick, Najee Harris, had 8 games with more than 20 carries in 4 years

Not sure that is Nick Saban agenda. The most rushes a player has had after that in a single game is 12 rushes. They just lost their RB2 and he had to carry the load for one game. Their recent 1st round pick, Najee Harris, had 8 games with more than 20 carries in 4 years

When you have a stable of 4-5 five 4 and 5 star backs that is a valid option.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
Which goes to show that there are some real idiots coaching football, just like there are some real idiots in ever profession.

As Bear Bryant said that ball ain't heavy.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
This young man is special and wants the rock every play. He never wants to come out of the game. Listen to his interviews. Wants to bring Karns back, lead his teammates, and win.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
This young man is special and wants the rock every play. He never wants to come out of the game. Listen to his interviews. Wants to bring Karns back, lead his teammates, and win.
Of course - he is a competitor. But he is young, and hasn't considered the ramifications of carrying the ball and getting hit to the ground 40 times a game every week. This is where you hope the maturity and knowledge of adults can intervene and make the best decision on his behalf and preserve his future.

Of course - he is a competitor. But he is young, and hasn't considered the ramifications of carrying the ball and getting hit to the ground 40 times a game every week. This is where you hope the maturity and knowledge of adults can intervene and make the best decision on his behalf and preserve his future.
I don't disagree to an extent. However, if you watch him play, he doesn't take 40 hits to the ground. He rarely takes big hits. He knows when to go down instead of fighting for extra yards, run out of bounds, and he breaks off at least 3-5 runs a game for 25+ yards. Either he is scoring TDs or little DBs are tripping him up.

I don't disagree to an extent. However, if you watch him play, he doesn't take 40 hits to the ground. He rarely takes big hits. He knows when to go down instead of fighting for extra yards, run out of bounds, and he breaks off at least 3-5 runs a game for 25+ yards. Either he is scoring TDs or little DBs are tripping him up.
Yes I agree with you. But then again, that's why I was almost being conservative when I said 40 carries, given he has hit 50 carries this year.

Hopefully he just proves to be extra durable. I love his game.

All of his games are available to view for free on Diamond Clear.. How many have you watched? I have watched pieces of most of his games this year as I rotate through the games they show each week since I won't risk COVID exposure for most of the games in the area. Used to go watch a lot of Alcoa games, but they are usually out of reach by the end of the first quarter. Bad investment. I have seen very few tackles on him that made me wince. Plays smart and knows he is more valuable when on the field and will cut down on contact AFTER first downs for example. Not all carries NOR tackles are created equal. Bet he and the coach have had that discussion more than once. I don't see where all the shots at him and the coach are warranted.

Reactions: BIGTIMER88

VN Store

Back