‘23 TN RB DeSean Bishop (Tennessee commit)

he is 2023. so I'd imagine we wont be picky.
Adarius Redmond, Ayden Greene, and Christian Hamilton disagree. The 2023 class is going to be loaded. The offense will sell itself. I mean when we got the new staff nobody thought we would possibly turn guys like Kaydin Pope, Gio Davis, Dayne Shor and Jordan McDonald down. Honestly, a very good thing that we are turning good talent down

Last edited:
Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Adarius Redmond, Ayden Greene, and Christian Hamilton disagree. The 2023 class is going to be loaded. The offense will sell itself. I mean when we got the new staff nobody thought we would possibly turn guys like Kaydin Pope, Gio Davis, Dayne Shor and Jordan McDonald down. Honestly, a very good thing that we are turning good talent down
Redmond ain’t coming here. 0%. I promise

Redmond ain’t coming here. 0%. I promise
Source? Because as of right now, all the "experts" say we are in a good spot and I know he wants to play with Ayden Greene, who I feel like is a UT lean. The point was tho that we are looking to take a lot bigger fish in the 2023 class

Source? Because as of right now, all the "experts" say we are in a good spot and I know he wants to play with Ayden Greene, who I feel like is a UT lean. The point was tho that we are looking to take a lot bigger fish in the 2023 class

My source? Me.

This kid comes over to my brothers all the time. I've met him multiple times.

After seeing him in person multiple times over the last two years I think he’d be a great pickup. I just hope Karns doesn’t run him into the ground before he gets to college.

Reactions: WebbWright
“They’re really cool dudes. They love me,” Bishop said. “We talk at least once a week, and they’re just good guys to be around.

“I mean, (Mack is) just a cool guy. He looks after young kids. He wants the talent to be there. He loves me. He talks about what they’re doing and what I could do to get better, and I ask him questions like that.”

He said he got a better feel for Tennessee during his latest visit there July 31 for its “Rocky Top Palooza” event.

“I mean, just toured the school, got to see the dorms, get a look at their offense and getting a feel of the offense, too, and just getting a feel of being here and what it’s like to be at Tennessee,” Bishop said. “They showed us what their offense is looking like, what they’re used to running at UCF, and it’s a dynamic offense. They spread the field, they run hard and it’s physical.”

The Vols haven’t told him exactly which position they might envision him playing in college. He’s primarily a running back at Karns, but he also got some work as a slot receiver when he attended Tennessee’s camp.

“They just ask me all the time, how are we getting the ball to me (at Karns)?” said Bishop, who also holds early offers from Tulane, Austin Peay and Eastern Kentucky. “They like that I’m playing slot and running back. They love that about me.”

It won’t be long before he visits the Vols again. He said he also might hit the road to attend games at other schools this season, but he doesn’t have any visits planned at the moment beyond his upcoming trip to Tennessee. He said Boston College, Virginia Tech, Kentucky and Miami (Ohio) have started to show interest in him.

“I’m for sure going to Tennessee,” he said. “That’s the only one I really have booked right now. I’ll be at the opener.”
-Callahan

ForeignerVOL: how do you guys see Desean Bishop being ranked as? UT is the first major program to come after him, do you see others doing so? And is UT recruiting him as a RB?

Callahan: I can’t speak for our analysts on what he might be ranked in the coming months, but I think he’s a good player — good build, good speed — and his stock is going to continue to rise.

I think he’s going to have a big season, and I would be surprised if he doesn’t add several more Power Five offers over the next year or so. He looked really good at Tennessee’s camp in early June, and he showed his explosiveness Friday night by breaking off a 73-yard TD run on his lone carry in the jamboree at Neyland Stadium.
The Vols have been recruiting him as somewhat of an athlete to this point, but they know that there’s a good chance he will end up at running back, and he’s already talking with RBs coach Jerry Mack on a regular basis. I think they believe he’s capable of maybe being a slot receiver, too.

But he has continued to add weight and muscle, and I think he is probably going to be closer to 200 pounds by the time he enrolls in college. Given that and his skill set, I think that makes him more likely to play running back in college.

It’ll be interesting watching him play this year. Big fish in a small pond

VN Store

Back