'20 TN ATH Darion Williamson (FSU Commit)

Good size and speed. Is his HS small or do they have a run heavy offense? I'm just surprised he has been sliding under the radar so long. I thought other teams would piggy back off our offer.
Have a new coach for a few years now, Hookfin. He is good. Thing about this guy is he is not the best player on the team.

I don’t think it would be a “tough decision” for the staff. I mean, the kid was a camp offer and iirc either VQ or 247 said something like he really impressed during his workout.

He might be a little raw but he’s got the tools (size speed athleticism). Probably a good redshirt candidate like Tillman was last year.

As far as numbers go, I wonder if this kid has any effect on whether we’d still take the Adonai kid who moved up from Texas. Story on him I think was he was also a great athlete and a little raw. Maybe with so many upper classman leaving after this year, staff might seek more plug and play caliber receivers.

Palmer might blow up this year and declare (although unlikely). Then it’s just Murphy, Tillman, Keyton and idk who else. Drawing a blank.

There are kids that get missed every year because they play for schools that don't necessarily cater to their position. Watching his film, he is not advanced as a route runner. While he may not contribute immediately, if you find a kid with great measurables, great hands and work ethic... then you coach them up.

When the diamond in the rough is discovered at a UT camp I'm all in. Coach David Johnson (who knows a thing or two about receiver talent) went and evaluated this kid in person. Then all the coaches got to see him first had in camp. You call him a "diamond in the rough" based on rankings by recruiting services. I'll trust our coaches.

When the diamond in the rough is discovered at a UT camp I'm all in. Coach David Johnson (who knows a thing or two about receiver talent) went and evaluated this kid in person. Then all the coaches got to see him first had in camp. You call him a "diamond in the rough" based on rankings by recruiting services. I'll trust our coaches.
Same dude doesn’t want kids who are looking around and doesn’t want 2* long snappers that are 100% Vol all there life. Not hard to figure out.

Reactions: lilesrt and T Dog
So an undiscovered diamond in the rough huh? Meh.
All are diamonds in the rough... Some have had a better coaching staff to polish the diamond.. Some need a better coaching staff to do the same.. The measurables are there for both.. This staff knows the value of this diamond.. But you know this.. You just like to make the comments to get the reactions.. 🤓

VN Store

Back