'20 TN ATH Darion Williamson (FSU Commit)

There isn’t a team in college football that completely locks down their state, but when we start winning, we’ll get the majority of the instate talent we want and there’s nothing Austin Thomas will be able to do about it. He’s just a guy who doesn’t even coach.

Maybe so, but there was a reason we went after him last offseason.

He is a guy with connections... I get the attraction to the school he is associated with because of the NFL connections he has.
He does have connections. I get that. I just have a very hard time believing elite high school players are going to choose a college just because the Associate AD for football personnel has connections in their home state. Surely I’m not the only one who thinks that sounds ridiculous. We have to win first, but I think successful coaches will be a bigger factor than Austin Thomas. Sure, he’ll get them in the mix, but if we’re winning, I won’t be too worried.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
A&M has came after West TN hard. Morris, Thomas, Williamson, Russel. Not west TN, but they went after Rybka. Kind of perplexing IMO. Should be plenty if talent in TX to not be chasing 2 stars from rural west TN.

We have always battled AU for recruits but these reoccurring A&M battles are new.

They've had some very good players recently come from TN.
The LB out of Nashville Centennial ( Tyrell Dodson) Corderrian Richardson RB out of Memphis Trezvant.
Russell from Dyersburg. And a DB who's name I can't remember..

Edit: Ikenne Okeane safety out of Rutherford County who is now the starting ILB for Texas A&M

Yeah the Volunteer State has been good to them.

Last edited:
Re-read the kids own words in the article @Ron Swanson posted (post #34). This kid is a Vol if the staff green lights him.

Visiting after the dead period per VQ. Bet he jumps in then.
If he does, you figure FSU and aTm start coming after him? You gotta think Tee got this one in the bag when he wants it.

Austin wanted way too much power at TN. He wanted to be the GM and make decisions above Pruitts head on who TN would recruit, etc. Pruitt and TN said BYE.
And Pruitt is 💯 in the right for telling him thanks, but no thanks.

There isn’t a team in college football that completely locks down their state, but when we start winning, we’ll get the majority of the instate talent we want and there’s nothing Austin Thomas will be able to do about it. He’s just a guy who doesn’t even coach.
LSU says hi.

😂Why do you think he’s such a hot commodity for a guy that doesn’t even coach? Thomas would have been a slam dunk here BUT he overplayed his hand and tried to ask for too much.

LSU says hi.
In the 2019 class, they did a solid job of that, signing all but 2 of the top 10 in Louisiana. In 2018? Not so much. Just 5 of the top 10. 2017 was even worse. Just 4 of the top 12. They signed almost all of them in 2016, though.

So no, not even LSU can consistently lock down their border. Alabama has infiltrated that state multiple times.

😂Why do you think he’s such a hot commodity for a guy that doesn’t even coach? Thomas would have been a slam dunk here BUT he overplayed his hand and tried to ask for too much.

He has connections that would make your head spin, from power brokers to coaches to everyone in-between. That is how LSU got guys like Frank Herron a few years back, EdO did not want to lose Austin to anybody. He makes guys like Rodney Garner and Dell McGee look like choirboys.

VN Store

Back