'19 TN ATH Cam Wynn

Tennessee has been aggressive in offering instate players in the class of 2019.

Already, eight players have been offered by the Vols and most recently it was Chattanooga Notre Dame wide receiver Cameron Wynn who picked up an offer from Tennessee while at junior day in early March.

“I didn’t think I would get one,” Wynn said. “We got in there and checked in and me and Sam (Stovall) were just playing a game and they called us up to coach (Butch) Jones’ office.

“Coach Jones in the office waiting for us. We went up in the office and talked about track and basketball and working out. And as soon as we were leaving he offered me a scholarship.”

It was the first offer for Wynn and he wasn’t expecting the offer because he is just a freshman, despite having a big season for the Irish.

“I was surprised because I was just a freshman,” Wynn explained. “I was like, ‘Wow, this is a big deal.’ Now, just have to keep working and keep pushing. I want to get better and better.”

Wynn said Tennessee being his first offer is something important to him because it’s his home state school.

“It’s big because it’s the instate school and because I’ve watched them and grew up supporting them and my mom does too,” Wynn said. “I like everything about it up there. “

Wynn is also hearing from Clemson, Duke, Cincinnati and several other schools early on.

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 3 people
If Scurry and Sheffield solidify, then the WR class for 2018 is practically done and all from instate!

Reactions: 2 people
Welcome Aboard the Big Orange Train Cam!!!!!

Go VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on Becoming a VFL!!!!

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

Attachments

• Big_Orange_bullet_train.jpg
    Big_Orange_bullet_train.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,545
  • BlueTicHoundPups.gif
    BlueTicHoundPups.gif
    723.6 KB · Views: 1,569
  • malik-obama-maga-trump.jpg
    malik-obama-maga-trump.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,542
  • Trump2.jpg
    Trump2.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 1,569
Reactions: 1 person
[twitter]https://twitter.com/camwynn3/status/855934971680362496[/twitter]

Reactions: 8 people
BOOM!!!

All these talented receiver and OL commitments ought to look real appealing to QB's considering TN

Reactions: 1 person
8MrtTm3A.jpg

"I really like everything about Tennessee, so it just felt like the right time to go ahead and make it official. Once I told Coach Jones, he seemed really happy to have me coming. It was exciting."

The versatile and speedy Wynn (5-foot-10, 165 pounds) compiled more than 700 yards of offense and averaged better than 13 yards per touch in splitting time as a ball carrier and receiver last year. He has been electronically timed at 4.41 seconds in the 40-yard dash and is a dangerous kick returner.

"He's a very focused kid who's been really giving this some serious thought for a while," said Notre Dame assistant Curt Jones, who attended the Orange and White game with Wynn. "From day one, since he camped there, Cameron has talked about how much he liked Tennessee and wanted to go there. "He said by committing now he can focus on his high school team and helping us win games. I'm excited for him."

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/sports/college/story/2017/apr/23/notre-dames-wynn-commits-vols/424262/

Wynn also credited a lengthy lunch conversation with wideouts coach Kevin Beard as a difference in his recruitment. "I was upset about coach Azzanni leaving, but I had a great visit with coach (Kevin) Beard," Wynn explained. "It wasn't just about football. Everything he talked about football he turned into real life. He teaches football, but he reaches out to you in other ways. I felt really comfortable with him after having lunch together. We talked an hour or an hour and a half."
https://tennessee.rivals.com/news/tennessee-adds-2019-athlete

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back