'24 TN DB Boo Carter (Tennessee)

— A pair of Chattanooga-area standouts were among the top performers at Friday's camp. Class of 2022 athlete Jeremiah Flemmons of East Hamilton High School in Ooltewah, Tenn., caught the Vols' attention and appears to be a legitimate candidate for an offer. The 6-foot-2, 188-pound Flemmons has played a few different positions in high school, including quarterback, but is a long, athletic player who looked good during wide-receiver drills Friday night. Class of 2024 athlete Boo Carter of Chattanooga (Tenn.) Christian School, who picked up an offer from Tennessee three weeks ago, worked out at wide receiver and made several nice plays.
-Callahan

“They said I had some good height for a freshman. They said I had decent speed, and (they liked) my IQ, my agility.”

Carter said he was caught off guard by his early offer from Tennessee on May 16. It remains his only offer, although he said Michigan and Florida were among the teams that showed interest in him during Tennessee State’s camp nearly three weeks ago.

Vols defensive backs coach Willie Martinez informed Carter of the offer.

“It was a surprise,” Carter said. “I was thinking he was going to see me on a visit, but he offered me off the rip. I was shocked.

“He said I had, like, a dog in me. He said I was young, but he said (they like that) I play with the upper league.”

While Carter was particularly impressive at wide receiver during Tennessee’s camp, he said the Vols aren’t sure yet which position they might envision him playing at the next level.

“They just told me I was going to be an athlete,” he said. “They said I could play on either side.”

He said the position he plays in college doesn’t “even matter” to him. He expects to play primarily at running back and outside linebacker this season at Chattanooga Christian.

Carter said he enjoyed going back to Tennessee on June 19 to spend more time with Martinez and the rest of the Vols’ staff. Carter said he took a “tour around campus,” got a chance to “visit some of the football players, ate, took pictures” and “played against Coach in (mini) golf.”
-Callahan

The 2024 standout from Chattanooga will return to Tennessee next weekend. He worked with the DBs and looked the part most of the day. It is early in his recruitment, but we expect his recruitment to surge this off-season. He likes Tennessee and should be a frequent visitor for the Vols.
- Matt Ray

VN Store

Back