'24 TN DB Boo Carter (Tennessee)

I know most teams are recruiting him as a DB and we need elite players at corner, but I hope we can haul in enough blue chip corners in this class and next year where we have the option of playing him on offense. He’s just too good with the ball in his hands to not be playing offense. Or maybe he can be like Adoree Jackson or the guy that stole Peyton’s Heisman for us. I just see so much DeAnthony Thomas in him and our offense is very similar to the Chip Kelly offense they ran. The only difference is we don’t run the option as much. He would be unstoppable as the pitch man in our offense though with our wide splits
Reminds me a bit of Mecole Hardman

Reminds me a bit of Mecole Hardman

From his play on the field Boo resembles a lot of different players.
But the one I see the most is Adam PACMAN Jones! :D As a player!

I played against Pacman a long time ago. Easily pound for pound the best athlete ive faced.
Boo has a lot of those traits. The speed, the change of direction. His pure physicality- he's one of those kids that would straight up knock out a grown man if he disrespected his mother. And I think he could.

Boo is the best player in TN ...right now.

I’m not saying Boo can’t be a good corner but he’s only 5’10. I know someone will point out a smaller corner who’s been successful in the NFL, but this guy would be more valuable with the ball in his hands than he would be trying to excel in zone coverage imo
I think the average height for DBs was 5’11” a few years ago. IF he’s 5’10” he’s plenty tall enough to play CB. Idk that we’ll always play zone, I think that’s more that we don’t have the speed or athleticism to play press man right now.

He's no doubt a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. He can also make a defense miss inside a phonebooth.. Those same traits you see on offense are also what make him a blanket on defense. A true lock down corner matched with the elite edge rushers we are acquiring is what leads to the elite defense we need to take that next step.
Boo is one of those rare talents that can be elite on either side of the ball. Elite cover corners are much harder to find than elite slot receivers.
Great point.

Last edited:
He appears to have great vision and crazy cutting ability based on the few clips provided here. Very gifted, the coaches would be able to determine where he would be most valuable.

Just to add my 2 cents here Roger McCreary was just drafted by the Titans outta Auburn and he's 5'10 with little Trex arms to boot.Boy was one of the best at Auburn and in the country last year.Is there going to be some learning pains snd things he will have to deal with not being 6'1 with a long wingspan o course but to act like they don't exist is crazy talk.I mean to act like the league is full of 5'10 dbz is crazy talk also but u can make it in the league at that size no doubt about it

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Wish we would recruit him on offense. Size would be less of an issue as a plus. Can play RB and slot at a very high level. Also can play FS at a high level but might be short for FS and would probably move to the STAR, which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing but he could be used so much more on offense and I would want the ball in his hands imho

Wish we would recruit him on offense. Size would be less of an issue as a plus. Can play RB and slot at a very high level. Also can play FS at a high level but might be short for FS and would probably move to the STAR, which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing but he could be used so much more on offense and I would want the ball in his hands imho
He's a lock-down CB imo. And an astounding one. But don't feel slighted: as a DB he will end up with the ball in his hands a lot! And he will be a threat to score every time.

The bonus here is if he's not one of our best corners when he comes in, they can immediately move him to offense and use him in the return game.

The best response yet!!! Lol ppl are crazy Imo
I hope you realize that there are trolls here that are not Tennessee fans. I don't like when we get close relatives or friends of recruits on here because there are rivals posing as Vols to piss you off, and a few idiots that are Vols but are not representative of the fanbase.

Please don't take anything negative said here seriously.

VN Store

Back