'22 TN ATH Barion Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
QBs getting other players to follow them to a school IS A MYTH.
I have to agree, I'm just not buying the "this guy is the alpha of the class that everyone wants to follow" thing.. IMO, recruits "follow" each other when there is some kind of existing relationship at the root of it...

In this case I'm sure it has nothing to do with it being bama, right?.....

I have to agree, I'm just not buying the "this guy is the alpha of the class that everyone wants to follow" thing.. IMO, recruits "follow" each other when there is some kind of existing relationship at the root of it...

In this case I'm sure it has nothing to do with it being bama, right?.....
Bama isn't going to suddenly load up a class with kids from TN. Not when they can hand pick from the top 100 players in the country. This alpha QB thing is extremely overblown. Particularly in this case. Might he have helped secure a recruit or two? That's possible. But that just means that we had a good chance of landing those kids anyway. The best high school student/athlete recruiter I've ever seen was Vic Wharton, and he wasn't a QB or highly rated.

D1, are you gonna allow any of your players go to UT?

I personally want them at UT but I learned the hard way early on. We allow the players to mk the best business decisions for themselves. We've had kids sign with UT every yr. I will say this, Saban lives this kid and frequently calls him. The Bama offer made his day and they're telling him he can be just like Smith or Ruggs

Lmao not really true. Ty wanted to be a VOL he just had to mk a real business decision.
meaning we couldnt afford his services.

Ty could have come here and cemented a legacy. Instead took the way 85% of any kid would take these days. There is no reciprocity, Universities are in it for money, why can kids not be?

Tennessee will be here long after Ty Simpson. ...

"Business decision" now the most over used term in recruiting, surpassing "freak athlete".

No its not because it is a business decision because you're make a very business like decision to better set yourself up for the next 5+ years of your life. For example go be a part of a rebuild at a place that has not turned out very many pros or go to a place where they have 5 or more pros yearly and the foundation is already set. Sometimes the Fandom blocks a clear path of thinking. The goal is not go where I been a fan and struggle based on the last 20 years, but to go where the culture is fun, they win, produce pros, a legendary HC, and so on.

Reactions: VolByLaw
meaning we couldnt afford his services.

Ty could have come here and cemented a legacy. Instead took the way 85% of any kid would take these days. There is no reciprocity, Universities are in it for money, why can kids not be?

Tennessee will be here long after Ty Simpson. ...

Ty can cement his legacy anywhere in America, but affording him had nothing at all to do with it here in this instance. Bama checked all the boxes in this situation. The coaching change and being comfortable with what was going on at the school lost Ty. Wayyyyy too much instability at UT. Of course UT will be around long after Ty and hopefully things will change and UT can become what UT used to be because that will fix all the missing on top tier guys to winning and stable P5 schools.

No its not because it is a business decision because you're make a very business like decision to better set yourself up for the next 5+ years of your life. For example go be a part of a rebuild at a place that has not turned out very many pros or go to a place where they have 5 or more pros yearly and the foundation is already set. Sometimes the Fandom blocks a clear path of thinking. The goal is not go where I been a fan and struggle based on the last 20 years, but to go where the culture is fun, they win, produce pros, a legendary HC, and so on.
So Ty was ready to commit to one of the worst offensive producing teams Tennessee has ever fielded, but because we fired Pruitt he flips a switch and won't even consider a top 10 offensive minded coach in the nation, without money involved one way or the other?

Ok....

So Ty was ready to commit to one of the worst offensive producing teams Tennessee has ever fielded, but because we fired Pruitt he flips a switch and won't even consider a top 10 offensive minded coach in the nation, without money involved one way or the other?

Ok....

Very true and top 10 offensive minded coaches that Ty had no relationship with. Also an OC and qb coach he had never possibly heard of or even talked to prior to UT. Qbs are different. The vision was Chaney would get him next level like he did Jake Fromm (Georgia), Nathan Peterman (Pitt), Brandon Allen (Arkansas), Tyler Bray (UT), Matt Simms (UT), Jonathan Crompton (UT), Curtis Painter (Purdue), Kyle Orton (Purdue) and Brees (Purdue) all guys who are Pros.

Lmao not really true. Ty wanted to be a VOL he just had to mk a real business decision.
If you believe Ty, though, that “business decision” was made on February 1st. Why string along your home state school, like that, when they are already behind the 8-ball? I thought that was a bush league move on the part of Ty and his father, who, as a head coach, should have known better than to allow his son to kick Tennessee while it’s down.

I have no problem with Ty making the best decision for himself and his family, and was vocal about the fact that if that choice was Alabama, then he shouldn’t be chastised for it because he doesn’t it owe it to Tennessee fans to attend UT if he doesn’t think it is his best fit. But I think the high-road move would have been to let Heupel know early on that the uncertainty around the NCAA investigation and his unfamiliarity with the new staff was just too much to overcome. That would have been completely understandable to any reasonable person. He and his father handled this situation extremely poorly, IMO.

Very true and top 10 offensive minded coaches that Ty had no relationship with. Also an OC and qb coach he had never possibly heard of or even talked to prior to UT. Qbs are different. The vision was Chaney would get him next level like he did Jake Fromm (Georgia), Nathan Peterman (Pitt), Brandon Allen (Arkansas), Tyler Bray (UT), Matt Simms (UT), Jonathan Crompton (UT), Curtis Painter (Purdue), Kyle Orton (Purdue) and Brees (Purdue) all guys who are Pros.
Chaney got Nathan Peterman drafted.... aka Ty would've been #1 overall pick for Chaney

Hogwash. Business must be slow at the barbershop today. Ty had NO relationship with the bama OC either. Name a bama QB. who has been a successful pro (major question exists on Tua). Guess he wanted a new charger and what will he do when he is recruited over? Go to UTM??

Chaney, and everyone on that offensive staff was ass. Hell, Coach Fair said it best, he didn't let anyone coach.

If you believe Ty, though, that “business decision” was made on February 1st. Why string along your home state school, like that, when they are already behind the 8-ball? I thought that was a bush league move on the part of Ty and his father, who, as a head coach, should have known better than to allow his son to kick Tennessee while it’s down.

I have no problem with Ty making the best decision for himself and his family, and was vocal about the fact that if that choice was Alabama, then he shouldn’t be chastised for it because he doesn’t it owe it to Tennessee fans to attend UT if he doesn’t think it is his best fit. But I think the high-road move would have been to let Heupel know early on that the uncertainty around the NCAA investigation and his unfamiliarity with the new staff was just too much to overcome. That would have been completely understandable to any reasonable person. He and his father handled this situation extremely poorly, IMO.

Are you serious saying he kicked them when they were down? He didn't even have to entertain them at all. Please stop the woe is me UT stuff. They handled it as they saw fit. As a fan of the school he gv them a chance and even after making up his mind to go to the NC team,, he still listened that's beyond giving a very genuine chance. How about the sales pitch just wasn't enough to convince the kid to sway back to wanting to come to UT.

My issue with grown azz fans saying he didn't gv them a fair shot and he did them wrong which is a bold face lie. Or the home team this home team that, none of that matters when you change coaches and there is no relationship at all with a new staff. The new staff has to be ready day 1 and sell the dream/vision or miss out on the key prospects from that year.

Reactions: volthruitall
Are you serious saying he kicked them when they were down? He didn't even have to entertain them at all. Please stop the woe is me UT stuff. They handled it as they saw fit. As a fan of the school he gv them a chance and even after making up his mind to go to the NC team,, he still listened that's beyond giving a very genuine chance. How about the sales pitch just wasn't enough to convince the kid to sway back to wanting to come to UT.

My issue with grown azz fans saying he didn't gv them a fair shot and he did them wrong which is a bold face lie. Or the home team this home team that, none of that matters when you change coaches and there is no relationship at all with a new staff. The new staff has to be ready day 1 and sell the dream/vision or miss out on the key prospects from that year.

A post I agree with.

He may have made up his mind but he gave Heup a chance to sell him on his staff. Just wasn’t enough time. Idk why anyone would be upset by that or take it as a slight. It went as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back