'22 TN ATH Barion Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
2021 doesn’t appear to be a banner year for in-state talent in Tennessee. It appears that 2022 will be a far different case and Jeremy Pruitt and his staff are already aggressively pursuing a number of in-state prospects in that class, including Nashville wide receiver Barion Brown. “I hear from Tennessee a lot and I was able to make a visit up there before everything got cut off,” he said. “I loved it up there, I thought the facilities and everything were beautiful.”
Brown’s lead recruiter is assistant coach Tee Martin. Brown is a dynamic athlete who sees himself as a wide receiver at the next level. “I’m all about offense and Coach Martin knows what he’s talking about as a wide receivers coach,” Brown said. “I feel like he’d put me in the best position to be successful.” Brown is also hearing frequently from South Carolina, Texas A&M, Ole Miss and Nebraska along with Tennessee. The only one of those schools he’s visited aside from the Vols at this point is Ole Miss.
He trains in the offseason with the NPA and he’s gotten to know incoming freshman Keyshawn Lawerence as well as recent commitment Walker Merrill. “I really enjoy being a part of NPA, it gives me a chance to compete against the best competition and really push myself. I think that helps me a lot,” Brown said. Brown isn’t close to making a decision, but that doesn’t mean he hasn’t noticed the heavy lifting the Vols have been doing on the recruiting trail in the last three weeks. “That definitely makes them standing out,” Brown said. “When you see a program pull in four and five stars like they’ve been doing it makes you notice."
-VQ

“(They have said) just, like, stay focused, don’t let these offers get to your head,” said Brown, who also holds early offers from Auburn, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Kentucky, Arkansas and Nebraska.

“And they’ve just been talking to me about priorities and what it’s going to take to get there and play on the college level.”

“I went up there with my 7-on-7 team. That was the only time I’ve been on campus,” Brown said.

“I liked all of it, but I really can’t just say because that’s, like, the only one that I’ve really been on, so I don’t know what’s good and bad about it. I’ve only been to Ole Miss, but they were the same week. That’s why my coach was telling me, ‘Don’t get a big head,’ because I haven’t seen what’s there for me yet.

One of Tennessee’s current players, redshirt freshman defensive tackle Elijah Simmons, is a former Pearl-Cohn standout who knows Brown. While Brown said he has known Simmons since middle school, he doesn’t expect his connection to Simmons to play a major role in his own college decision.

“I know him pretty well,” Brown said of Simmons. “I’m just going with the flow. But if I ever have some questions or anything, he’ll be the first person I ask.”
callahan

No scoop here still really early and with covid -19 a lot of recruiting has been put on hold. Like he said he enjoyed when he was in Knoxville with Dream Team and BallHawk 7v7 teams. Kid is a freak athlete and can play a few positions.
Cornerback? Or slot at next level?

I wouldn’t put much stock in anything he says.

If only he had the ACTUAL influence over these kids that he acts like he has. Thankfully, he is just some dude that tries to talk to them while they go train at NPA. He does not have much, if any, influence on where these kids will go to school.

If we disagree with something posted can we PLEASE not attack our own? My kid is 35 now so I'm not really into babysitting anymore and for the life of me can't understand what is to be gained by it. I am looking forward to the day (it'll never happen but keeps me going for now) that we solely attack other teams rather than our own. Maybe just go kick the dog or something, oh and don't forget the ignore button.

If we disagree with something posted can we PLEASE not attack our own? My kid is 35 now so I'm not really into babysitting anymore and for the life of me can't understand what is to be gained by it. I am looking forward to the day (it'll never happen but keeps me going for now) that we solely attack other teams rather than our own. Maybe just go kick the dog or something, oh and don't forget the ignore button.

I would literally punch a human in the face before I would kick a dog
ABD9E095-8541-4444-87E3-6F6005689B6D.gif

tenor-43.gif

>> Four-star Class of 2022 wide receiver/athlete Barion Brown of Nashville's Pearl-Cohn Entertainment Magnet High School said he has been hearing from Tennessee "a couple times a week." He had good things to say about the Vols' new staff, and while Tennessee's coaches have mentioned that they want to get him the ball in their uptempo, spread offense, he said he doesn't necessarily view the Vols much differently as a result of their coaching change.

Brown, who again showed flashes of his speed and natural playmaking ability on Saturday, said he's still talking with a number of teams on a regular basis. The race for Brown has continued to heat up in recent months, with more than 20 teams now pursuing him, and he's not ready to name any leaders at this point. But it's worth noting that Alabama received a 247Sports Crystal Ball prediction for him on Friday.
-Callahan

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back