'22 TN ATH Barion Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

de1conley

You said it buddy. We don’t recruit in Boise. Nice backtracking, and it’s total BS. Kids in Georgia, Alabama, TN, and Florida don’t keep up with Boise State. Just stop making things up.
yes they do and they knew who Harsin was. A winning HC is known just wallow in your pitty and think what you want. Again the dude won and had a few upsets thus why he was their choice. I’m sorry you can only breathe fake narratives from an orange perspective.

onevol74

I hope UT can claw its way back and change the tune on how it is viewed. We’ve made our bed with some poor hires and choices along with a little bad luck. We need some stability and build this back up. Most importantly we need some wins to show for it. I truly think if QB play we’re better we are 2-0 today.
UT needs to assess its strategic plan. Either you are going to operate with the standard operating procedures of the SEC and pay players or you are going to go clean and expose how dirty the conference really is. It appears that Boyd and Plowman took the latter path and the only way that UT athletics survives is to publish all of the information concerning other teams in the SEC to create a level playing ground. Otherwise, we will be at a continuous disadvantage. If that is the case, I have no hope for UT athletics in the future and we will be a program similar to GaTech and Kansas.

MarcoVol

UT needs to assess its strategic plan. Either you are going to operate with the standard operating procedures of the SEC and pay players or you are going to go clean and expose how dirty the conference really is. It appears that Boyd and Plowman took the latter path and the only way that UT athletics survives is to publish all of the information concerning other teams in the SEC to create a level playing ground. Otherwise, we will be at a continuous disadvantage. If that is the case, I have no hope for UT athletics in the future and we will be a program similar to GaTech and Kansas.
So dramatic

butchna

Sit down and tell me all about it...way over there
You do know that Leonard Floyd, DeAndre Walker, Lorenzo Carter all played DL at UGA and were made LBs in the NFL. Jordan Jenkins is a DT/NG all were taken after 13 my friend @Nighthawkvol10 they also put 9 guys in the NFL in 1 draft, play in NY day bowls, and contended for a NC since these kids have been alive and watching football. All these things are recruiting advantages
Jenkins played OLB and was evaluated as one and drafted as one. Converted to interior DL with the Jets…so point holds.

de1conley

Any chance we try and get back in it with the Wade twins?
It only takes one thing man and if the 3* recruiting is gonna change then they'll do it. Give the kid the chance. Hell we have qbs here who are much better and said we'll they can run. So why not give Destin a shot? Ijs tell me why you wouldn’t. Hell last time I checked and read on both Volquest and GoVols247 Tayven isn't throwing for 300 yds per wk.

de1conley

Did he not see Heupel win and having a Top 5 offense in each of the last 3 years? Heupel's offense at UCF dwarfs Harsin's offense at Boise and being a WR it should be very apparent. You refer to relationships being important, and they are. Barion opted to visit Auburn to check out Harsin and develop a potential relationship. With Heupel, he never wanted to even initiate a potential relationship with Heupel and Kodi. All while living 3 hours away like you said.
Cobb he talked to them and tried to initiate a relationship. Where hv you been I have explained this several times.

KPT_VFL

It only takes one thing man and if the 3* recruiting is gonna change then they'll do it. Give the kid the chance. Hell we have qbs here who are much better and said we'll they can run. So why not give Destin a shot? Ijs tell me why you wouldn’t. Hell last time I checked and read on both Volquest and GoVols247 Tayven isn't throwing for 300 yds per wk.
I think we need a second QB anyways. Be honest with the kid and give him a shot. If it doesn’t pan out at QB he’s a great athlete and could still contribute.

VolByLaw

Tayven plays in a Wing T offense. No QB is going to average 300 yards passing a game in that offense. It’s not important to your point, but I think it is unfair to Tayven to compare the stats between the kids.

de1conley

Auburn is ranked dead last in recruiting for 2022 in the SEC.

Obviously they won't finish there but pretty bold to suggest Harsin has better ties in the South East than anyone at the moment.
Who said anything about South East? Again some of you all have comprehension problems. The statement was kids know Harsin more than they do Heuple. The 2nd element I said was Harsin hired a guy with SEC experience as his DC. Not a good HC but Mason can coach defense and had SEC relationships in recruiting circles. Where Auburn is now in recruiting is because their not just settling for a 3* extravaganza and are almost guaranteed to finish strong.

de1conley

I think we need a second QB anyways. Be honest with the kid and give him a shot. If it doesn’t pan out at QB he’s a great athlete and could still contribute.
And that's all I have ever said and that's exactly what Stoops told him. It's not like the kid is saying I have to stay at qb or else. He just said can I get a shot.

KPT_VFL

It’s funny you’d think one of twins would beat out Tayven Jackson.
I didnt say he’d beat him out… I think Hooker will have no more eligibility and there is a possibility HB transfers leaving Milton and Tayven as our only QBs. I think we will get a portal QB and that it wouldn’t hurt to give a good player a chance as long as you’re honest and tell him if it’s not panning out he will play another position.

de1conley

Tayven plays in a Wing T offense. No QB is going to average 300 yards passing a game in that offense. It’s not important to your point, but I think it is unfair to Tayven to compare the stats between the kids.
I agree and get your point but in a wing T how can ppl say the kid can come in a sling it. Wing T is a running offense. I've watched Hendersonville for years run it and pass once or twice a quarter. Qb is very under utilized. So compare rushing or whatever and it's still not a comparison.

butchna

Sit down and tell me all about it...way over there
I didnt say he’d beat him out… I think Hooker will have no more eligibility and there is a possibility HB transfers leaving Milton and Tayven as our only QBs. I think we will get a portal QB and that it wouldn’t hurt to give a good player a chance as long as you’re honest and tell him if it’s not panning out he will play another position.
Hooker has another season of eligibility after this one. Don’t want to go back to verify if you’re arguing otherwise.

VolGee4

yes they do and they knew who Harsin was. A winning HC is known just wallow in your pitty and think what you want. Again the dude won and had a few upsets thus why he was their choice. I’m sorry you can only breathe fake narratives from an orange perspective.
That's not an orange perspective. But to say that Harsin has a better reputation is just a narrative to use to justify what you want to believe. To be successful at Auburn, he has to recruit his state along with Georgia and the Southeast. You really believe that Harson is known in Alabama high schools? Harsin has no coaching experience east of the Mississippi, with one year close at Arkansas State. The current Boise State roster has 7! players from east of the Mississippi, and 3 are from Michigan, Maryland, and Virginia. I just don't believe that to be correct, and there is nothing to suggest it is correct. Ironic that you complain about reading comprehension.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Sponsors