'22 TN ATH Barion Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

de1conley

Yet, UGA listed all 3 as OLBs. Yes, they were all pass rushing OLBs, and they may have put their hand in the dirt on occasion, but let's not pretend like they were Derek Barnett and then converted to LB in the pros. They played LB in college, went thru the draft process as EDGE players, and were drafted as such.
They all played DE in their 4-3 alignment in a 3-4 yeah they stood up. Even in the NFL Floyd has had his finger in the dirt for Da Bears. Argue what you want they have GUYS and there aren't really those kinda GUYS here in the DL room as Bama, UGA, or Fla.

de1conley

Hopefully, within a season, players and families will realize that NIL will do far more for them than whatever's left
after the bagman and the handler each take a cut and this whole AAU-type business model will go belly up.
Again a silly assumption from a silly fan. Things done for parents are done for parents. The 2 don't go hand in hand. If you knew how it worked you'd really just shut up and hope that it starts back happening at UT. NIL won't ever surpass anything that goes on because what goes on is what allows coaches access to get a kid on campus to discuss NIL at a place like UT in which the recruiting room and relationships are lacking. We've tried to help Heup and crew and they've taken heed. All of the coaches seem to be great guys just have to learn the ways of the SEC besides the 2 that do know.

I think I need to gv an example or 2.
- one kid was given 10.5k to visit, his mom got a beautiful new house and a new job paying like 95k, and neither had anything to do what was donated to his trainers facilities.

- Another players family was given 175k to attend an ACC school while his HC got a Nike endorsement, new truck, and home renovations.

Another players dad got a beautiful offering in his church for 325k and the church went from slums to a beautiful edifice. His qb coach also recieved a handsome offering plus beautiful uniforms for his 7v7 team

cncchris33

They all played DE in their 4-3 alignment in a 3-4 yeah they stood up. Even in the NFL Floyd has had his finger in the dirt for Da Bears. Argue what you want they have GUYS and there aren't really those kinda GUYS here in the DL room as Bama, UGA, or Fla.
But UGA was primarily a 3-4 defense. Only in select looks did they show a 4-3. To verify, I just watched a 4-minute clip of Floyd highlights from Georgia, and counted two plays with his hand on the ground. And he hardly ever had a hand down in Chicago. And, exotic looks or special subpackages. He has almost exclusively been an EDGE player as a pro, and almost exclusively an OLB in college.

I'm not arguing they do or don't "have GUYS". I'm simply arguing that you are reaching for guys who rarely played an actual defined DE position in college as your proof that they run a steady supply of DLinemen into the NFL. The specific ones you named play 90% of their college careers stood up, and were drafted as EDGE players because that is what they were, and what they currently are.

de1conley

But UGA was primarily a 3-4 defense. Only in select looks did they show a 4-3. To verify, I just watched a 4-minute clip of Floyd highlights from Georgia, and counted two plays with his hand on the ground. And he hardly ever had a hand down in Chicago. And, exotic looks or special subpackages. He has almost exclusively been an EDGE player as a pro, and almost exclusively an OLB in college.

I'm not arguing they do or don't "have GUYS". I'm simply arguing that you are reaching for guys who rarely played an actual defined DE position in college as your proof that they run a steady supply of DLinemen into the NFL. The specific ones you named play 90% of their college careers stood up, and were drafted as EDGE players because that is what they were, and what they currently are.
as for Nolan, he can see proof in Jordan Davis at UGA and also Jenkins And also Bama they have a plethora of guys to show for. At the end of the day it’s about can I get to the NFL and those two you don’t want snooping around. The product they sell is the elephant in the room when it come to us at UT. This is my point @cncchris33 also because of that theyre able to produce better NIL opportunities.

de1conley

Harsin has a better reputation in the south than Heupel? Just straight up BS. Nonsense.
Wtf said that? again a comprehensive issue here. I said Harsin as a HC has a bigger reputation than Heupel. Kids saw him win and saw what he did with less at Boise St. The resume he has is greater as is the job he took. It’s a shame that it’s even a question of Harsin vs Heupel.

KPT_VFL

Wtf said that? again a comprehensive issue here. I said Harsin as a HC has a bigger reputation than Heupel. Kids saw him win and saw what he did with less at Boise St. The resume he has is greater as is the job he took. It’s a shame that it’s even a question of Harsin vs Heupel.
Y’all got any kids that can hit open receivers to send our way?

de1conley

Agree. Harsin has not coached at any level east of the Mississippi River his entire career until now.
@CobbVol what does that hv to do with anythin? Kids watch football and saw Boise win. They saw Harsin listed for job openings. His name rings a bell. He hired guys to help with southern ties like his DC who was an average to Bad HC in Nashville

de1conley

Don’t listen to the haters. You’re unbiased good or bad news and you root for the kids you train. Nothing wrong with that.
listen man I don’t tk these post personal and I know what I know based on doing this over 15 yrs. traveling across the country taking kids to and fro. Nothing is person on my end at all. People just can’t decipher between reality and fandom. What we do and what our kids get is deserved. They work hard and we’d never stop promoting them. People that say screw a kid because they don’t like “said” school are losers. I have the relationship I have with Derrick Henry because when he visited UT we bonded and I watched him play in hs and at Bama. Same with Crouch I met him at Bama camp as a Jr and we still talk after he left UT. We send so many films to UT first no matter the coach and they’ve dragged their feet While UGA and others offer immediately. An offer is not taking a commitment, it’s an offer.

de1conley

Don’t listen to the haters. You’re unbiased good or bad news and you root for the kids you train. Nothing wrong with that.
We do hv a 23 Qb and a few Qbs from other states in 23 and 24 as well as Buck being named to the Board over at Lipscomb so we’re always making inroads. Reed folks have reached out to help him also and to come train in the Qb Sim machine that only we have in the state of Tn

KPT_VFL

We do hv a 23 Qb and a few Qbs from other states in 23 and 24 as well as Buck being named to the Board over at Lipscomb so we’re always making inroads. Reed folks have reached out to help him also and to come train in the Qb Sim machine that only we have in the state of Tn
I hope UT can claw its way back and change the tune on how it is viewed. We’ve made our bed with some poor hires and choices along with a little bad luck. We need some stability and build this back up. Most importantly we need some wins to show for it. I truly think if QB play we’re better we are 2-0 today.

CobbVol

@CobbVol what does that hv to do with anythin? Kids watch football and saw Boise win. They saw Harsin listed for job openings. His name rings a bell. He hired guys to help with southern ties like his DC who was an average to Bad HC in Nashville
Did he not see Heupel win and having a Top 5 offense in each of the last 3 years? Heupel's offense at UCF dwarfs Harsin's offense at Boise and being a WR it should be very apparent. You refer to relationships being important, and they are. Barion opted to visit Auburn to check out Harsin and develop a potential relationship. With Heupel, he never wanted to even initiate a potential relationship with Heupel and Kodi. All while living 3 hours away like you said.

KPT_VFL

Did he not see Heupel win and having a Top 5 offense in each of the last 3 years? Heupel's offense at UCF dwarfs Harsin's offense at Boise and being a WR it should be very apparent. You refer to relationships being important, and they are. Barion opted to visit Auburn to check out Harsin and develop a potential relationship. With Heupel, he never wanted to even initiate a potential relationship with Heupel and Kodi. All while living 3 hours away like you said.
I think a lot of it has to do with perception and Auburn has been a lot more successful than us the past 15 years. Kids view Auburn as a better place. Even if it’s recency bias. The 90s are gone. UT has to finds its way back.

jp1

I think a lot of it has to do with perception and Auburn has been a lot more successful than us the past 15 years. Kids view Auburn as a better place. Even if it’s recency bias. The 90s are gone. UT has to finds its way back.
I agree with what you said, but that isn't the claim he is making.

cncchris33

as for Nolan, he can see proof in Jordan Davis at UGA and also Jenkins And also Bama they have a plethora of guys to show for. At the end of the day it’s about can I get to the NFL and those two you don’t want snooping around. The product they sell is the elephant in the room when it come to us at UT. This is my point @cncchris33 also because of that theyre able to produce better NIL opportunities.
I think that is a much more accurate assessment than pigeonholing the UGA OLBs as proof that their DLine is an NFL factory.

Fact is, with kids as talented as Nolen, you just know going in that you have to fight off the big names like UGA and Bama, regardless of any actual proof of their ability/inability to funnel players at your position to the NFL.

VolGee4

You said it buddy. We don’t recruit in Boise. Nice backtracking, and it’s total BS. Kids in Georgia, Alabama, TN, and Florida don’t keep up with Boise State. Just stop making things up.

RiotVol

I Am Jack's Complete Lack of Surprise
Please tell me I’m not the only one laughing at the irony here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Sponsors