'22 TN ATH Barion Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

GUNTERSVOL

VOL FROM BIRTH
Well since we’re all different in our own unique ways is how. Walter Nolen needs to be Walter Nolen, not some legendary player the fan base unfairly hopes he becomes. Barnett bypassed Reggie White but he isn’t Reggie White for damn sure. Cry me a river if that upset your sensibilities.
Just have a real low tolerance for the arrogance it takes to declare a ceiling for an athlete that is still in HS.

miket4god

A lot lol. Brycen Sanders, Joe Crocker, Luke Brown, Tyler Jeffries (no offer but likely will), Cal Grubbs (idk if we offer), and a couple others on the OL alone for example
@de1conley - Is UT in second place with Barrion Brown so that we can make a run at him with a good year and/or Bama runs out of room? Or is this a no chance situation?

miket4god

Doubt it. He hasn't visited us and he is a Bama lock. Stop worrying about him, it won't happen
I don't worry about any of them, that's not my job. But I am interested in UT recruiting.
I also know as far as he is concerned he is a Bama lock. But I wonder how Saban feels about him (since he hasn't committed yet).

Weezer

VolNation Dalai Lama
He announced tonight he's committing in 2 wks
Let me ask you something, you're hooked up rather well in recruiting, right? Why don't you ever bring us any good news? I get it, you're pissed about the whole Pruitt thing and blah, blah, blah....but why not bring us some good news about a kid who actually likes Heupel and this new staff or something? We're all Tennessee fans. We've all experienced the last 15 years and all the bad things that have happened to a team we all love. So maybe bring a little sunshine to brighten our day? Surely NPA has some kids that don't absolutely hate UT.

T2P_Priceless

Let me ask you something, you're hooked up rather well in recruiting, right? Why don't you ever bring us any good news? I get it, you're pissed about the whole Pruitt thing and blah, blah, blah....but why not bring us some good news about a kid who actually likes Heupel and this new staff or something? We're all Tennessee fans. We've all experienced the last 15 years and all the bad things that have happened to a team we all love. So maybe bring a little sunshine to brighten our day? Surely NPA has some kids that don't absolutely hate UT.
Great point

de1conley

Ask @allvolrecruiting I've dropped VOL nuggets unfortunately as I said before these kids don't know much about the coaches here now except Garner, Kodi, and BJM. I also said it would be a 3* recruiting extravaganza because of this until the relationships are built kids can see a consistent product on the field. It wasn't Pruitt that we hated, it was how it was handled. We have an excellent OL group and they love Elerbe but unfortunately that's all I have right now. The Nolen situation is growing and if UT doesn't want to lose that they better close it out because the 1 thing they can't afford and don't want to happen is Ga and Bama to keep snooping around because those 2 get what they want 99% of the time because they have 2 thing UT doesn't and that's the NFL draft picks and the opportunity to play with other big time talent @Weezer

CobbVol

Ask @allvolrecruiting I've dropped VOL nuggets unfortunately as I said before these kids don't know much about the coaches here now except Garner, Kodi, and BJM.
HC Heupel has a offense designed to get his playmakers in space using 3-5 WR's which is the position Barion is projected to play. Like you mentioned they do not know the coaches that well. HC Heupel arrived in Knoxville in January 2021. Barion is 3.5 hours away and from what I understand he did not make one drive over to meet the new staff and see the changes that are occurring in the program. Yet he did visit Ole Miss, Alabama, TCU and even the first year coach at Auburn got a visit.

MADISONGAVOL

HC Heupel has a offense designed to get his playmakers in space using 3-5 WR's which is the position Barion is projected to play. Like you mentioned they do not know the coaches that well. HC Heupel arrived in Knoxville in January 2021. Barion is 3.5 hours away and from what I understand he did not make one drive over to meet the new staff and see the changes that are occurring in the program. Yet he did visit Ole Miss, Alabama, TCU and even the first year coach at Auburn got a visit.
Lol you said it. Just let it be. Tennessee kids gor most part dont care about UT. Not like Ga and Bama etc

Ask @allvolrecruiting I've dropped VOL nuggets unfortunately as I said before these kids don't know much about the coaches here now except Garner, Kodi, and BJM. I also said it would be a 3* recruiting extravaganza because of this until the relationships are built kids can see a consistent product on the field. It wasn't Pruitt that we hated, it was how it was handled. We have an excellent OL group and they love Elerbe but unfortunately that's all I have right now. The Nolen situation is growing and if UT doesn't want to lose that they better close it out because the 1 thing they can't afford and don't want to happen is Ga and Bama to keep snooping around because those 2 get what they want 99% of the time because they have 2 thing UT doesn't and that's the NFL draft picks and the opportunity to play with other big time talent @Weezer
Georgia hasn’t had a D-Line prospect or Nose Tackle drafted since 2013… so no they don’t have the NFL draft picks at Nolen’s position. And we have the best position coach in college football with Garner so that statement doesn’t check out at all.

de1conley

Georgia hasn’t had a D-Line prospect or Nose Tackle drafted since 2013… so no they don’t have the NFL draft picks at Nolen’s position. And we have the best position coach in college football with Garner so that statement doesn’t check out at all.
You do know that Leonard Floyd, DeAndre Walker, Lorenzo Carter all played DL at UGA and were made LBs in the NFL. Jordan Jenkins is a DT/NG all were taken after 13 my friend @Nighthawkvol10 they also put 9 guys in the NFL in 1 draft, play in NY day bowls, and contended for a NC since these kids have been alive and watching football. All these things are recruiting advantages

Last edited:

de1conley

Garner is the only thing positive on UT side and it's a damn good one but all the other things other schools can say are greater RIGHT NOW. I say that with the hopes that things will turn around.

de1conley

First UT is 3 hours from Nashville and he didn't have interest based on conversation he had over the phone. I stated this before and ppl didn't like it. Harsin and his reputation at Boise St is greater than Heuple. He also has a guy who was not a good HC who all the kids know as his DC in Mason. See guys I keep trying to explain relationships but it's not sinking in. Also Auburn is stocked with talent and it's not a rebuild. Kids tend to lean towards a contender. UT is not that in uts current situation @CobbVol @MADISONGAVOL being a part of a rebuild is not every kids dream which is why it's making it harder for a guy like Garner to get the upper tier kids to come to UT.

onevol74

First UT is 3 hours from Nashville and he didn't have interest based on conversation he had over the phone. I stated this before and ppl didn't like it. Harsin and his reputation at Boise St is greater than Heuple. He also has a guy who was not a good HC who all the kids know as his DC in Mason. See guys I keep trying to explain relationships but it's not sinking in. Also Auburn is stocked with talent and it's not a rebuild. Kids tend to lean towards a contender. UT is not that in uts current situation @CobbVol @MADISONGAVOL being a part of a rebuild is not every kids dream which is why it's making it harder for a guy like Garner to get the upper tier kids to come to UT.
The reason Garner may have getting players at UT has more to do with handlers getting money for players to go elsewhere than to go to a school with early playing time. Isn’t that what you are really trying to say?

cncchris33

You do know that Leonard Floyd, DeAndre Walker, Lorenzo Carter all played DL at UGA and were made LBs in the NFL. Jordan Jenkins is a DT/NG all were taken after 13 my friend @Nighthawkvol10 they also put 9 guys in the NFL in 1 draft, play in NY day bowls, and contended for a NC since these kids have been alive and watching football. All these things are recruiting advantages
Yet, UGA listed all 3 as OLBs. Yes, they were all pass rushing OLBs, and they may have put their hand in the dirt on occasion, but let's not pretend like they were Derek Barnett and then converted to LB in the pros. They played LB in college, went thru the draft process as EDGE players, and were drafted as such.

VolunteerHillbilly

Spike Drinks, Not Trees
The reason Garner may have getting players at UT has more to do with handlers getting money for players to go elsewhere than to go to a school with early playing time. Isn’t that what you are really trying to say?
Hopefully, within a season, players and families will realize that NIL will do far more for them than whatever's left after the bagman and the handler each take a cut and this whole AAU-type business model will go belly up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Sponsors