'22 TN ATH Anthony Brown (Arkansas commit)

Anyone got the info?

The 6-foot-2, 192-pound Brown, who’s now being pursued by more than 20 schools, said Heupel first contacted him “a few days after” he was hired Jan. 27 to replace former coach Jeremy Pruitt. Brown said Heupel has made a good impression on him to this point.

“Actually, we’ve been talking every day since then,” Brown said. “He hits me up, he calls me. We’ve been talking quite a bit.

“He’s a great coach. He’s a cool coach. He lets you know what he wants from you, what he’s expecting, and how hard he’s going to pursue you and why he wants you. My impression of him: He’s been a great coach so far.”

Brown said Heupel has told him that he’s important to Tennessee because of “my versatility on the field and my athleticism at DB.” Brown said he’s “pretty sure” the Vols want him to play in the secondary.

“I’m getting the idea like I’m a DB,” he said. “I’m thinking DB, too.”

He said he has enjoyed his frequent contact with Heupel, and he admitted the Vols now are recruiting him harder than they did under Pruitt.

“It’s crazy,” Brown said. “To know that (Heupel) just moved in and he’s still rebuilding his staff, and for him to reach out to me every day he can — he sends me a quote every morning that just means a lot for him to take the time out, even though he has a lot going on right now, and still get in touch with me. It shows me how interested he is in me and how hard he’s pursuing me.”

Brown, who’s originally from Michigan, said he’s high on Tennessee because it’s “the in-state school, and just the culture, the way Tennessee carries itself.”

“It’s a lot of pride behind Tennessee,” he added. “Even on the side of Tennessee that I’m at, man, it’s Volunteer everything over here. I’d have to say those are the two biggest factors.”

-Callahan

But the 6-foot-2, 192-pound Brown is still considering Tennessee. He told 247Sports’ Rusty Mansell on Saturday during a 7-on-7 event at Silverbacks Park in Atlanta that the home-state Vols are one of the teams recruiting him hardest, along with Oregon, Arkansas and Georgia Tech, and while he’s originally from Michigan, he admitted he “wouldn’t mind” playing at Tennessee.

“It’s great over there,” Brown told Mansell. “They’re rebuilding, so they’re taking it slowly but surely. But it’s my home state at the end of the day, so I wouldn’t mind rocking that orange at the end of the day.”

“I’m hoping to end up on the defensive side of the ball,” said Brown, who’s ranked the No. 469 overall prospect and No. 40 athlete in the 2022 class and the No. 17 junior from the state of Tennessee, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “But I’m so gifted, I just take it one step at a time and get better every day at each position I can.”
Callahan

My buddy who coaches this kid just posted something on Twitter of this kid getting an offer from OSU.

VN Store

Back