'21 TN ATH Andre Turrentine (Tennessee signee - Transfer from Ohio St.)

Disclaimer: all I watched was the junior highlight... all I needed to see tho haha

Uh, yes please....

Kid has an absolute deathwish hitting like that at 165lbs but the angles he's taking to cut off the ball-carrier are deadly... embarrassment of riches having Lawrence to pair with this guy at the HS level... looks more quick then fast... I didn't see a second gear, but the first gear is smooth and closes gaps immediately... had some field awareness that was refreshing, which combined with that gap closing speed is going to lead to turnovers... easy take any day of the week IMO

One of the HS coaches that I know, who's team plays Ensworth, says he's every bit as good as Lawrence. Needs some weight.

Reactions: T Dog
Turrentine had a strong junior season and visited many of the top programs in the country this fall, including Alabama, Ohio State and LSU. The Ensworth product also made his way to Knoxville a couple of times. Turrentine is close with UT signee Keshawn Lawerence and is among the top in-state targets for the Vols in 2021.
-VQ

This kid is obviously a take.. but I’m starting to wonder.. is half of our team going to be DB/safeties? I feel like we need to see some better WR and RB recruiting

Yes. Because it’s complete unheard of for a safety or corner to be switched to WR.

This kid is obviously a take.. but I’m starting to wonder.. is half of our team going to be DB/safeties? I feel like we need to see some better WR and RB recruiting

Hyatt, Holiday, and Calloway are lightning fast guys we signed that can play WR. Calloway and Hyatt are almost certain to play WR.

Hyatt, Holiday, and Calloway are lightning fast guys we signed that can play WR. Calloway and Hyatt are almost certain to play WR.

Looks like days of 4.7 4.8 wide receivers are go e thank goodness. Speed kills. We finally have so.e speed to match bama, and clemson

Reactions: StoVol
Not painting a vivid picture for me here for this kid. Can anyone clear things up for me? i'd like to wash my hands of this situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleVol
If all the DBs (BT, AT, and Tank) progress like I think they can, we should be in on some great DBs next class.

Not painting a vivid picture for me here for this kid. Can anyone clear things up for me? i'd like to wash my hands of this situation.
The HS Coach that I know says he is aggressive. Takes a lot of chances in coverage, but has all the tools. Offer list is impressive. USC, FSU, and OSU have offered recently. My Coach friend has zero idea what schools he likes the most.

PS...... This coach is the same one that told me that Reggie Grimes wasn't worth the hype, way before the season started. I trust him. fwiw

Reactions: tn4elvis
The HS Coach that I know says he is aggressive. Takes a lot of chances in coverage, but has all the tools. Offer list is impressive. USC, FSU, and OSU have offered recently. My Coach friend has zero idea what schools he likes the most.

PS...... This coach is the same one that told me that Reggie Grimes wasn't worth the hype, way before the season started. I trust him. fwiw
Thx. You've painted with a broad stroke & helped me wash my hands clean of the situation.

Reactions: LittleVol
I like. Has game speed, ball skills, not afraid to hit someone. Somebody mentioned he wasnt athletic, pshh

'21 is going to be a critical class for us at DB. It's going to be a huge need. We need at least 2-3 impact guys back there.

Reactions: jakez4ut
'21 is going to be a critical class for us at DB. It's going to be a huge need. We need at least 2-3 impact guys back there.
yep, time flies, time to start back filling for some folks that will be gone after 20 and 21....if you're gonna reload......you need bullets

VN Store

Back