'24 TN WR Amari Jefferson (Alabama commit)

Are you sure about that? I bet we have a plan toUse the NIL so our baseball program can compete with Vandy.
Hopefully some of these new collectives will start taking care of baseball. Some in the know said it wasn't very strong, maybe even far behind a lot of schools.

Are you sure about that? I bet we have a plan toUse the NIL so our baseball program can compete with Vandy.

Yes, I am. Look at what LSU is doing in the portal because of their NIL collective. Tennessee just isn’t applying it to baseball, at least not yet. Jordan Beck and Kirby Connell receiving $2 for every Mike Honcho and Vollie Fingers jersey sold isn’t going to make a dent in the tuition gap.

Why not have football and baseball cover half his full scholarship. Is that possible? Or baseball scholly and NIL him as a football player. I think there's ways to make it work where he will be covered and play both sports.

Why not have football and baseball cover half his full scholarship. Is that possible? Or baseball scholly and NIL him as a football player. I think there are ways to make it work where he will be covered and play both sports.
Once he plays football and is on a scholarship, it has to be a football one. Baseball usually doesn't give full rides out anyway so it's the better option to take the football scholarship anyway if you are going to play both

Once he plays football and is on a scholarship, it has to be a football one. Baseball usually doesn't give full rides out anyway so it's the better option to take the football scholarship anyway if you are going to play both
I agree he should take a full ride if given, then hopefully play both. But it would be nice to have him on the team and still use the scholly for someone else by getting him on campus via baseball.

Can you give more explanation on him "having" to be on football scholarship if he plays football? That doesn't make sense to me tbh. If you have a track star that's on track scholarship and he comes out to play WR/Return Man does he have to have his scholarship changed to football?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I agree he should take a full ride if given, then hopefully play both. But it would be nice to have him on the team and still use the scholly for someone else by getting him on campus via baseball.

Can you give more explanation on him "having" to be on football scholarship if he plays football? That doesn't make sense to me tbh. If you have a track star that's on track scholarship and he comes out to play WR/Return Man does he have to have his scholarship changed to football?

I believe the rule is the football team doesn’t “have” to give an actual scholarship but any scholarship athlete that plays football counts towards the 85. It prevents cheating from loading up with non-revenue sports with extra players to get around the 85 rule.

Ehh, we'll see. Baseball is going to file in under football and basketball with regards to NIL, I'd say. I wouldn't bank on it if I'm a player, but I'd love to see it.

I think your rankings are accurate, but I don't think we're really talking much money needed either. I mean, with a partial baseball scholarship, some lottery money, and in-state tuition, there's not much of a gap NIL would need to close "full scholarship" (and even include housing) level for guys like this.

Kid has an offer to play football at Georgia and baseball at Tennessee. He must be a phenomenal athlete
He has a offer for football also or how does that work?
And he also had visits to Alabama and Ole Miss. He is listed 6-1 200 as a Jr right now and he is getting the best coaching you can ask for in Hamilton County. He has the moves to I saw him play last night. Is he going to try and play both sports?

I think he is better at football. And him being a WR with how the QB room looks and Heupel's system I would play football he will probably be 6'2 maybe 6'3 and 220 as a freshman he will grow between Jr and Sr year.
You think Jefferson will be 6'3 220 as a freshman?

What makes you think that?

VN Store

Back