TN’s XFL Team

Elhanan

I’ve started watching the XFL this season (skipped the circus they had bad in the early 2000s). Honestly it seems pretty good. Kind of like the midway point between college and NFL. Enough mistakes to be unexpected and enough talent for quality.

My thought is this, could Tennessee be a future home for an XFL team? Neyland is obviously too big for it but Vandy’s or UTC’s could work perfectly. If it ever does grow then Nissan or Neyland could be the upgrade.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I’ve started watching the XFL this season (skipped the circus they had bad in the early 2000s). Honestly it seems pretty good. Kind of like the midway point between college and NFL. Enough mistakes to be unexpected and enough talent for quality.

My thought is this, could Tennessee be a future home for an XFL team? Neyland is obviously too big for it but Vandy’s or UTC’s could work perfectly. If it ever does grow then Nissan or Neyland could be the upgrade.
Nashville would probably be where a Tennessee XFL team would be located. I think they would play in Nissan Stadium or in the Soccer Stadium that's going to be built for Nashville SC.

Reactions: DocVOLiday
Nashville barely supports the Titans and is much too small to carry 2 pro football teams. No way they put a team there.

Nashville barely supports the Titans and is much too small to carry 2 pro football teams. No way they put a team there.

We're not the Chiefs or Packers fanbase but to say Nashville barely supports the Titans is quite an exaggeration. And yes it would technically be 2 pro football teams but the expetations of support for an XFL team are quite lower than an NFL team. I don't think Nashville would have that much of a problem supporting an XFL team given they would only need about 20K per game.

And if they want a team in Tennessee, it's going to be Nashville. Memphis is a dead end for football teams.

We're not the Chiefs or Packers fanbase but to say Nashville barely supports the Titans is quite an exaggeration. And yes it would technically be 2 pro football teams but the expetations of support for an XFL team are quite lower than an NFL team. I don't think Nashville would have that much of a problem supporting an XFL team given they would only need about 20K per game.

And if they want a team in Tennessee, it's going to be Nashville. Memphis is a dead end for football teams.

Oh, that’s why Bears, Packers, Bills, Steelers etc represent equally at home games?

Who brought up Memphis?

They won’t want a team in TN for some time if they make it.

Oh, that’s why Bears, Packers, Bills, Steelers etc represent equally at home games?

Who brought up Memphis?

They won’t want a team in TN for some time if they make it.

By your logic about half the teams in the NFL "barely" get any support. Nice using 4 of the biggest fanbases in the NFL as your "proof". Because I"m sure I wouldn't find the same thing at many other stadiums in the NFL on any given Sunday.

Nashville supports the Titans better than Tampa supports the Bucs and the XFL put a team in Tampa.

By your logic about half the teams in the NFL "barely" get any support. Nice using 4 of the biggest fanbases in the NFL as your "proof". Because I"m sure I wouldn't find the same thing at many other stadiums in the NFL on any given Sunday.

Nashville supports the Titans better than Tampa supports the Bucs and the XFL put a team in Tampa.

You always come up with an excellent rebuttal. If you aren’t a lawyer, you should be.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

Opposing fans support the Titans better than Nashville does

Tampa having a team was a dumb idea as well. Terrible sports city.

I’m sure the 60% support the Titans get would translate to a strong XFL showing. Doesn’t matter, league won’t last long. Like every other before it.

If Titans fans didn’t sell their tickets or bought the ones available, those other fan bases wouldn’t travel. Which was my point.

Opposing fans support the Titans better than Nashville does

I mean I guess, but again that's about half the league. Nashville is just like every other city, when the team is winning the fans show up. When they don't win, they don't. There's only about 10 teams in the NFL that the fans show up consistently win or lose.

Hell that describes the majority of all pro teams.

If Titans fans didn’t sell their tickets or bought the ones available, those other fan bases wouldn’t travel. Which was my point.

And my point is, you're describing about half the league if not more. Those fanbases take over many stadiums. And if the Titans were consistently winning, it wouldn't happen; kind of like over half the league.

Which is also another point, support is a 2 way street. If the ownership gives the city a s*** sandwich to eat for over a decade, it should hardly be a shock that the city doesn't want to eat it.

And my point is, you're describing about half the league if not more. Those fanbases take over many stadiums. And if the Titans were consistently winning, it wouldn't happen; kind of like over half the league.

Which is also another point, support is a 2 way street. If the ownership gives the city a s*** sandwich to eat for over a decade, it should hardly be a shock that the city doesn't want to eat it.

Titans we’re in the playoff hunt this season, and the Chiefs took over the stadium. And if they don‘t want to watch that, why in the world would they go watch even crappier football in the XFL? I agree with you.

Titans we’re in the playoff hunt this season, and the Chiefs took over the stadium. And if they don‘t want to watch that, why in the world would they go watch even crappier football in the XFL? I agree with you.

The Titans were 4-5 going into that game and had just laid an egg at Carolina. So yeah, the fanbase was really pumped about being 'in the playoff hunt" ROFL.

Of course 4 games and 4 wins later, the Texans didn't take over the stadium; you know.....when the Titans were actually back in the playoff race.

The Titans were 4-5 going into that game and had just laid an egg at Carolina. So yeah, the fanbase was really pumped about being 'in the playoff hunt" ROFL.

Of course 4 games and 4 wins later, the Texans didn't take over the stadium; you know.....when the Titans were actually back in the playoff race.

Saints the following week? I’ll concede. Titans fans are highly supportive of the team. Hope they get that XFL team to carry them through the offseason.

VN Store

Back