Tiyon Evans officially has entered transfer portal

Heupel can show film of Evans, Small & Wright running in the open field to recruits. He shouldn’t have any problems signing a replacement with equal or better ability.
Complimentary offense. Throw deep outside the numbers to force D to play 2 safeties. Then run the ball if they stay back.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
doesn't like going to class. Very likely not eligible for bowl game and would not have been for next year.

misses his kid and homesick.

He likes the staff and likes his team mates. Happy in the offense. Has been hurt. Just doesn't like the school part.

Academics could be an issue for him going elsewhere. Most likely ends up at a UT-Chattanooga type school if he plays at all in the future.

In 50 years of following the Vols and college football have seen things like this hundreds of times. Some kids just don't have the desire to commit to what it takes to be a big time or even a small time, college football player. No reason to think Evans will change.
That’s too bad. Kid was on track to have a promising post college career . Hopefully this won’t set him back.

Edit: Not directed at you LWS: some of you guys need to slow down hating on this kid. Some people are not built to be college students. I bet you guys were cheering your ass for him against Mizzou and USC jr.

My bet.. He was gambling that he was going to the NFL.. So he didn't go to class but didn't anticipate getting injured.. So now he is scrambling because he can't stay if he is flunking out...
Bingo. This is what Basilio has been saying. He’s either going to have to hope for NFL free agent deal (doubt he gets combine invite), or load up on classes this winter and spring that’ll transfer to school of his choice. But the 2 options are sort of mutually exclusive.

Reactions: FïreBall
My bet.. He was gambling that he was going to the NFL.. So he didn't go to class but didn't anticipate getting injured.. So now he is scrambling because he can't stay if he is flunking out...
Pretty obvious that’s what’s happening here.

Could it be he has not been playing for a reason other than injury, and the injury was the cover? Maybe this is the way to let him leave without having to dismiss him? Just a thought. No insider or no information suggesting this. Just wondering out loud if something like this could be the situation.
He did play against Alabama and Kentucky. He sat out 2 games earlier for COVID and the last 2 for injury.

Maybe if he drops out before the end of the semester, the Fs don't get officially recorded and he can be academically eligible at a different school. He probably has decided that the odds of getting into the NFL are slim after limited playing time this year. If he can transfer he gets one more chance. It sounds like he put himself in a bad position, and this is an attempt to recover.

I do not think that W's (for withdrawn) look any better on a transcript than F's.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
That’s too bad. Kid was on track to have a promising post college career . Hopefully this won’t set him back.

Edit: Not directed at you LWS: some of you guys need to slow down hating on this kid. Some people are not built to be college students. I bet you guys were cheering your ass for him against Mizzou and USC jr.

there are more cases of this than most people can imagine.

Exactly. Makes perfect sense, too. This is why I prefer the portal over juco. Those kids have already shown they can do the work on and off the field at this level.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
That was the first thing that I thought when I heard he was leaving. Not sure why he couldn’t wait until after the last game.
But he came out of games showing he was hurt so I don’t think the injury was fake unless he was the one faking it and I doubt that.

I ponder the bigger question regarding the transfer portal’s ultimate impact on college football. I’m a bit torn because I think there’s goodness in allowing some flexibility for a lot of these guys, especially when the NCAA was so idiotic about granting exceptions for even the most justifiable reasons.

However, I also see the possibility that it enables some other things that aren’t so good for the sport. The cavalcade of fools who likely took cash payments from the clown known as Jeremy Pruitt running out of town via the transfer portal to avoid consequences for their misdeeds is one example.

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
He should have waited at least until after the Vandy game to do this to keep from being a distraction. I don’t know the situation, but it is crappy timing regardless.

Who do you think he is "distracting"? I expect it is only we reactionaries here on VolNation.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Perhaps he knows he can’t not likely to be drafted with 1/2 season of film. But how do you transfer when you aren’t taking care of academics? He can’t be a grad transfer if he doesn’t graduate. When Pruitt brought in London and Chryst as grad transfers they didn’t go to class and we lost that option the next year. So would this prevent the next school from offering a spot?

I still say he’s “exploring his options” but will declare for the draft at the respective deadline.
Where er he goes ( except Alabama) he’s going to have to go to class

Reactions: Memvol44
I wish the very best for him. He ran hard and well in most all the games he played. I think he is a good guy. Being a full time student and a football player is not easy. I know for me, just being a full time student was not that easy. Keep in mind he might have a learning disability, you just never know for sure. He is young and I just hope he will be success in the future.

VN Store

Back