Tiyon Evans autograph appearance, Friday 10/29, 6-8 at Underdog

Hope he makes a killing.

"Rock"-ing that Dwayne Johnson look. Bet he has a fanny pack on in that picture.

the_rock_fanny_pack.jpg

Seems so dumb that he has to block out the power "T" insignia in the picture. Why is that?

Seems so dumb that he has to block out the power "T" insignia in the picture. Why is that?

Its part of the rules I believe for him to be able to receive money. It cannot be affiliated with the school, because of this he cannot legally use the logo in advertisement.

That is my understanding, I could be wrong.

Its part of the rules I believe for him to be able to receive money. It cannot be affiliated with the school, because of this he cannot legally use the logo in advertisement.

That is my understanding, I could be wrong.

Probably true. But he did leave the VOLS logo up on the helmet, and that is definitely copyrighted.

Probably true. But he did leave the VOLS logo up on the helmet, and that is definitely copyrighted.

I'd imagine it was Underdog Collectibles who made the advertisement. They left Vols and also the SEC logo, which is also an issue...

He is making money off of his name, image, and likeness, not the Tennessee brand. If he was using the Tennessee brand to make more NIL money then he’d have to deal with licensing and trademarks.[/QUOTE
But could someone bring a Tennessee helmet with the T and have him sign it? Or would that be an issue to signing official UT merchandise?

He is making money off of his name, image, and likeness, not the Tennessee brand. If he was using the Tennessee brand to make more NIL money then he’d have to deal with licensing and trademarks.
Would it be an issue if he was signing UT merchandise someone else brought to be signed?

I'm a lifelong Vols fan, but I would never pay a player for their autograph. But thats just me.....
As an adult I wouldnt do it for myself. But my 11 year son loves getting things signed and pictures taken with players. So I do all I can to get as many items signed as he is with me most of the time. He likes collecting cards and autograph merchandise from any team with Vols and Braves.

As an adult I wouldnt do it for myself. But my 11 year son loves getting things signed and pictures taken with players. So I do all I can to get as many items signed as he is with me most of the time. He likes collecting cards and autograph merchandise from any team with Vols and Braves.

Yep, same here with 10 and 8 year olds

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Somebody write this down so ya don’t forget.Ask him about Dee Beckwith and where he thinks Walter Nolen will sign.I kid I kid

Idk maybe just an oversight on his part. I'm sure the flyer had to be approved from the athletic department, so I think he is fine.

Loved that period in my son’s life with youth sports, going to games, etc. Enjoy!

I'm a lifelong Vols fan, but I would never pay a player for their autograph. But thats just me.....

Curious, would you pay a clerk at a sports memorabilia store or a private seller on eBay for autographed cards, photos, balls and such?

VN Store

Back