Titans going to AFC championship

Got an official titans forum ... been around awhile. Feel free to join us this upcoming Sunday. I’m kicking around taking the 11 year old to whether win or lose what should be an unforgettable sports memory. Won’t matter if I am @ arrowhead or Mt. Juliet the “official Titans AFCCG forum” should be epic !

You do realize that the Titans have beat them there last two times the played. And the Chiefs game this year was Henry's coming out game of the year?
This all day! Not to mention the Chiefs playoffs futility over the last 40+ makes me personally feel good about the prospects of another Titans super bowl appearance ........ pretty , pretty good !!

Reactions: Joefoxx and vols40
I was curious why it wasnt in the NFL forum and just thought I'd throw out an opinion. That okay with you?
Sounds like you just came in to say you like another team and hope the titans lose. But you’re right these forums are for opinions. Just didn’t like yours

Reactions: Joefoxx
I was 32 years old when Tennessee finally got an NFL team. I had just moved here to SW Florida and already had a favorite team that had one of my favorite Vols on it. And it wasn't the flocking Tennessee Oilers. I'm not sure if I want them to lose in the conference championship or lose in the SB.
Exactly. To me it's arrogant that they call themselves that. If they'd just call themselves Nashville I'd have no issue. You don't see the Florida, Georgia, Louisiana or Texas NFL teams naming themselves in a similar way. It's about respect

Reactions: LibertyVol
As much as I like the story and yes, I realize it's the NFL, but for those clamouring for a 8, 12 or 16 game playoff...
That's like Florida or Penn State being in the final 4 right now, upsetting LSU and OSU.
Pretty sure it's been decided that those 2 teams are NOT one of the best teams out there. Don't give me an "exciting" playoff run of upsets to diminish what was accomplished during the season.
Now that my rant is over, I've never pulled for the Titans because I didn't like McNair and when I was younger we only had rabbit ears so we HAD to watch the Titans every week... but it's hard not to pull for them. How about Henry with the jump pass???
That's one of college footballs biggest assets, the regular season serves as a playoff

We're Tennessee as in the boys in orange. The Titans aren't. People have been supporting the orange for over a hundred years before the Oilers came to Nashville
Yep, never been a Titans guy. Nashville reminds me too much of Vandy & the way it’s exploded with tourism and transplants ain’t really my speed. I’m a proud East Tennessean!!

We're Tennessee as in the boys in orange. The Titans aren't. People have been supporting the orange for over a hundred years before the Oilers came to Nashville
You know they don't play each other, right? They don't even recruit against each other. There is room in the state for college and pro.

Your logic is fascinating.

I’ll take Clemson versus LSU. They have as good an offense as any LSU has faced this year and a better defense than the Bama team that almost beat them.

I am a UT grad and VFL, but I didn't follow any college sports whatsoever before I enrolled in 2006. Growing up in Nashville made me the ONLY person I've ever known to be a hardcore UT fan who DESPISES Peyton Manning. Don't get me wrong, he's a good guy and very talented, obviously, but I couldn't stand him for beating up on the Titans year in and year out.

Now I just see all these fake ass Titans fans, and it makes me sick lol.

You know they don't play each other, right? They don't even recruit against each other. There is room in the state for college and pro.

Your logic is fascinating.
> logic

This is one of the dumbest opinions that exists on this board imo. That being a Vols fan somehow precludes you from being a Titans fan despite them both being in the same state and playing at two different levels of the sport. It's completely asinine.

Then Thanos would’ve won.

Technically, according to the movie, he did. But he dumbly went back to the scene of the crime. Then there was that alternate reality thing. Dayum, maybe alternate fact shat Kelly Anne was on to something after all.

Reactions: hUTch2002
> logic

This is one of the dumbest opinions that exists on this board imo. That being a Vols fan somehow precludes you from being a Titans fan despite them both being in the same state and playing at two different levels of the sport. It's completely asinine.
It's fascinating.

At the end of the day, Nashville is considered a small market. Thus, they became the Tennessee Titans as opposed to the Nashville Titans, in order to broaden the appeal. There is no disrespect to the Tennessee Volunteers for a NFL franchise to call themselves the Tennessee Titans.

Again... It's fascinating to see the super-fan mentality that thinks you have to hate the state's NFL franchise to best support your preferred state college team.

VN Store

Back