Tired of the whining

Hacksaw11

If what don't kill you makes you stronger then as Vol fans we should all be Hercules. We have lived through a perpetual nightmare and have few highlights over the years to give us optimism.. Having been spoiled in the 90s caused us to believe we would be able to sustain that success as a national brand. Little by little the deterioration began and caused us to realize that maintaining success takes a foundation, something we were sadly lacking. As the erosion continued and the house burned to the ground, there was no contractor waiting to rebuild. The cumulative effect of the incompetence over the years caused the once proud UT to be viewed as a second rate program manipulated by boosters and lead by weak administrators. I am as saddened as any Vol at the state of the program but I have spent a lifetime following and supporting the Vols. This is not going to change and my hope is that we will rebuild from the ground up. We must realize that this is going to be a gradual process and that hopefully we have some leveal of competency in the AD and coach that will give us some success we can build upon. I challenge all true Vols to get on board and let's do our part to pick up the pieces and to try to find something positive rather than dreaming of what could have been.

If what don't kill you makes you stronger then as Vol fans we should all be Hercules. We have lived through a perpetual nightmare and have few highlights over the years to give us optimism.. Having been spoiled in the 90s caused us to believe we would be able to sustain that success as a national brand. Little by little the deterioration began and caused us to realize that maintaining success takes a foundation, something we were sadly lacking. As the erosion continued and the house burned to the ground, there was no contractor waiting to rebuild. The cumulative effect of the incompetence over the years caused the once proud UT to be viewed as a second rate program manipulated by boosters and lead by weak administrators. I am as saddened as any Vol at the state of the program but I have spent a lifetime following and supporting the Vols. This is not going to change and my hope is that we will rebuild from the ground up. We must realize that this is going to be a gradual process and that hopefully we have some leveal of competency in the AD and coach that will give us some success we can build upon. I challenge all true Vols to get on board and let's do our part to pick up the pieces and to try to find something positive rather than dreaming of what could have been.
When people make fun of my Tennessee cap wearing arse, I just say we gonna be back and keep walking.

The only Tennessee I've ever known is mediocre at best. Wasn't around in the so called "glory days." I am hard on this program because I know it has the capability to be so much more than it is right now. I wasn't on board with Heupel at first, but I am now. I don't think anyone on here expects an undefeated season or anything, we just want to be able to compete (also be respected again)..

Please stop whining.

I challenge all true Vols to get on board and let's do our part to pick up the pieces and to try to find something positive rather than dreaming of what could have been.

True fans are still buying the tickets, still attending the games, still wearing the colors and visiting the message boards. What else can we as "true fans" possibly do that we aren't already doing? Please do not take this post as anything but genuinely curious. I wish there WAS something that I as a fan could do to make UT great again. I just don't know what that could possibly be.

Reactions: coach799
I hate the statement: “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.”

it’s a lie.

So if I get my arm torn off but don't die......somehow I’ll be stronger?

If I get a disease which affects me for many years.....but don’t die......hey I’m lucky cause now I’m stronger?

This concept is horse manure.

I “get” the premise......it’s just stupid and wrong.

Anyone can become “stronger” in many different ways.....even through adversity. However, adversity doesn’t necessarily make ANYONE stronger.

Reactions: USF grad in TN
And yet here you are whining...Unbelievable....

I hate the statement: “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.”

it’s a lie.

So if I get my arm torn off but don't die......somehow I’ll be stronger?

If I get a disease which affects me for many years.....but don’t die......hey I’m lucky cause now I’m stronger?

This concept is horse manure.

I “get” the premise......it’s just stupid and wrong.

Anyone can become “stronger” in many different ways.....even through adversity. However, adversity doesn’t necessarily make ANYONE stronger.
I personally don’t feel stronger from the annual reeming we get from Bama, GA and FLA. All I feel is weary and jaded after witnessing the horrendous administrators that we’ve had to endure. And trust me when I tell you, I got Big Orange underwear that’s older than many of the “fans” who brag they are “true fans”. Been watching this for a long time and I guess I’m just wearing down.

I personally don’t feel stronger from the annual reeming we get from Bama, GA and FLA. All I feel is weary and jaded after witnessing the horrendous administrators that we’ve had to endure. And trust me when I tell you, I got Big Orange underwear that’s older than many of the “fans” who brag they are “true fans”. Been watching this for a long time and I guess I’m just wearing down.

Every season our rivals get stronger and UTs lack of relevancy feeds their strength......we are not the agressors.....
giphy.gif

Reactions: HalfullVol
The only Tennessee I've ever known is mediocre at best. Wasn't around in the so called "glory days." I am hard on this program because I know it has the capability to be so much more than it is right now. I wasn't on board with Heupel at first, but I am now. I don't think anyone on here expects an undefeated season or anything, we just want to be able to compete (also be respected again)..
I remember when being “hard on the program” had a different meaning.

This for sure. We need to be fun to watch first. Hard to recruit kids to what we have put out on the field the last few years.

VN Store

Back