Tip o' the cap

GoZags

Today the good guys won. But that was bound to happen as both programs are "good guys". Hope there's a rematch in the Elite 8 or Final Four.

BTW Mark Few feels pretty strongly that the Vols are among the "good guys".

“There’s two teams today who were competing who do it right. I know that to be true,” Few said. “And there’s a lot of teams who do it right – the national champions two out of the last three years. There’s a lot of great things. This thing is worth saving.”
Gonzaga coach Mark Few wants NCAA to 'make decisions' on corruption investigation

Today the good guys won. But that was bound to happen as both programs are "good guys". Hope there's a rematch in the Elite 8 or Final Four.

“There’s two teams today who were competing who do it right. I know that to be true,” Few said. “And there’s a lot of teams who do it right – the national champions two out of the last three years. There’s a lot of great things. This thing is worth saving.”
Gonzaga coach Mark Few wants NCAA to 'make decisions' on corruption investigation
Few and Barnes are definitely two of the Good Guys in college coaching.

Thanks for the comments....First Class game a lot of toughness on the court today by both teams made for an Excellent Competitive Game in December.

Hope this game is an example of things to come for both teams...

After years of Consideration, you might have thought UNC would have had there pants burn off. The NCAA is probably hindering this more than they are supporting the investigation.

It sucks for the Good Guys who do it right......We are fortunate to have CRB and you are fortunate to have CMF.

Before we dislocate our shoulder patting ourselves on the back for being among the 'good guys,' think back to some of the candidates our fans wanted for FB HC and now OC. Everyone's just one or two hires away from the "Dark Side.'

Nothing but respect for the 'Zags and Few, wish u all the best unless, of course, u all play UT again

Before we dislocate our shoulder patting ourselves on the back for being among the 'good guys,' think back to some of the candidates our fans wanted for FB HC and now OC. Everyone's just one or two hires away from the "Dark Side.'

The Football angle....Fans wanted are the key words here....One AD bought into it and the other did not if you believe what you hear. Regardless, ADPF, the BOT and the SEC evidently blocked the 2nd hire and he is going to Liberty to Repent.

We were closer to the Dark Side with Tyndall. CRB solid as a rock....Enjoy the win.
You do realize you are in the BB Forum, don't you?

Reactions: Backwards K
Barnes is . Did he forget about Bruce and Tyndall?
Tennessee "cleaned up" the mess once we discovered our problems with those two. Both were fired in reasonably quick fashion once the trouble was discovered. Tennessee's hoops history has been relatively clean, but for these two characters.

The Football angle....Fans wanted are the key words here....One AD bought into it and the other did not if you believe what you hear. Regardless, ADPF, the BOT and the SEC evidently blocked the 2nd hire and he is going to Liberty to Repent.

We were closer to the Dark Side with Tyndall. CRB solid as a rock....Enjoy the win.
You do realize you are in the BB Forum, don't you?

Actually meant to be more generic than FB specific. I have nothing but respect for the 'too old coach who has had the game pass him by.' Not only is he a class act, but his players present an image of which the Vol family can be proud. Thank you very much Texas.

It was a bit of a surprise that Few was so direct regarding UNC. They deserve the 'death penalty' as far as I'm concerned, but can't see it ever happening.

Actually meant to be more generic than FB specific. I have nothing but respect for the 'too old coach who has had the game pass him by.' Not only is he a class act, but his players present an image of which the Vol family can be proud. Thank you very much Texas.

It was a bit of a surprise that Few was so direct regarding UNC. They deserve the 'death penalty' as far as I'm concerned, but can't see it ever happening.

It shouldn't be a shock that Few was so direct towards UNC; they were the team that Gonzaga lost to in the National Title game....

There is too much money with Duke, Kansas, UK, UNC, UConn, Syracuse, Arizona, and Louisville for the NCAA to care. That's why those programs have always cheated and when they get caught, they only get a slap on the wrist. The NCAA is the same ruling body that let multiple Bama grads investigate a team (Ole Miss) that they lost to in back to back years in football.....

Reactions: onevol74
It shouldn't be a shock that Few was so direct towards UNC; they were the team that Gonzaga lost to in the National Title game....

There is too much money with Duke, Kansas, UK, UNC, UConn, Syracuse, Arizona, and Louisville for the NCAA to care. That's why those programs have always cheated and when they get caught, they only get a slap on the wrist. The NCAA is the same ruling body that let multiple Bama grads investigate a team (Ole Miss) that they lost to in back to back years in football.....

Totally agree with your post. Everyone says that the SEC is the best league in college football. I disagree. Due to the corruption in Birmingham the SEC is the worst conference in the nation. You will have an automatic winner until everyone plays by the same rules. Bama was really disturbed when Roy Cramer was commissioner but during his time we only won two SEC championships. The league was not rigged back then.

NCAA gets the majority of their money from the TV contract of the basketball tourney and the "blue bloods" pull the ratings. Unless a box full of money pops out somewhere (Ky) or someone gets real sloppy (Louisville) these schools can basically do what they want. The second level, which Tennessee and most of P5 schools are in, gets their hands slapped alittle but hell have no fury like the NCAA has on a mid-major school caught giving kids sneakers or warmup suits!

Reactions: rocky200663

He's going to spread hypocrisy and hookers to those virginal young men.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
Obviously a tip to the two coaches and the teams too, but for once I’d like to tip my cap to the officials, they did a remarkable job on a huge stage, let the players play and stayed out of the spotlight

VN Store

Back