Time to put the Freeze dream to bed

BigOrangeTrain

Like I have said, he isn’t coming here. Nor is he going to SC or Auburn.

Freeze currently 'won't entertain' S.C. opening

"I won't even entertain things of that nature at this point," Freeze told ESPN College GameDay's Gene Wojciechowski in an interview that aired Saturday. "I'm at total peace with staying here, as long as they'll have me."

volfaninpa

TennesseeTarheel

Sorry, but, this IS my day job.

"I won't even entertain things of that nature at this point," Freeze told ESPN College GameDay's Gene Wojciechowski in an interview that aired Saturday. "I'm at total peace with staying here, as long as they'll have me."
I don't have a dog in this fight but those are famous last words and then the agent calls.

St. JohnVolCactus

Diamond in the ruff
When you are engulfed in your faith and have the ability to do what you are passionate about (college football), then why would you leave?

Liberty has shown a commitment to growing their program into a DI competitor. They have the funding to support that ambition. And, by the grace of God, Freeze has been given a second chance.

Those are some powerful force and encourages loyalty.

Elhanan

★ GO VOLS ★
Check out the Brandon Marcello interview with him. Doesn’t sound like a hard “no” in my opinion.

Brandon: “...Your name is being bandied about in private circles and also publicly for that job and who knows what other jobs will come open on the Power 5 level. Would there be any interest on your part of making that jump after two years at Liberty?”

Hugh: “...I've been honest with them and our administration here in saying that it would take something really, really special for me to even consider leaving here — and I mean that. I have no idea if anybody even would want to talk to me, and that's OK...”

Full interview here:
1-on-1: Hugh Freeze on job rumors, Liberty, his past at Ole Miss

VolInNW

Trapped in PAC 12 Country
When you are engulfed in your faith and have the ability to do what you are passionate about (college football), then why would you leave?

Liberty has shown a commitment to growing their program into a DI competitor. They have the funding to support that ambition. And, by the grace of God, Freeze has been given a second chance.

Those are some powerful force and encourages loyalty.
Conversely, those who wear their faith on their sleeve are always the folks I trust the least.

willinhf

Lane Kiffin said the exact same thing like 48 hours before taking the Ole Miss job, you gullible goon
And Saban said he was not leaving the Dolphins as well...means nothing.

Also, sure he is not considering anything “at this point”. It is the middle of the season. Is at the end of the season is a whole different scenario.

Last edited:

OrngeJuiceJones

He doesn't want SC, knows he can hold off for bigger better

Woodlawn VOL

That article put nothing to rest except for the people trying to stay awake reading it. Nothing but coachspeak. I have no idea what he is going to do, but that article didn't prove anything. I personally think he will be at liberty no more than a couple more years at most. GBO!

VN Store

Sponsors