Time falls out of the air, dead

We have heard "Just wait till next year!" for four years now. It is enough. Lazarus isn't going to rise this time. Time isn't flying, and hasn't for four long, excruciating years!

I tend to agree with your sentiment...a quick internet search for Holly Warlick on hot seat will find you a multitude of articles saying it’s time and these articles have been written for several years now yet nothing happens.

When Fulmer extended her contract last year he spoke about the good job she has done especially given the amount of parity now in the women’s game. His vote of confidence recently may not have been the AD having to say the “right thing” but a message to the fans that he has her back and nothing will be done.

Don’t be surprised at the end of the season things stay as they are, and if pushed on the subject, Fulmer responds with the team was young, they have great recruits (Horston) coming in, etc, etc... sad thing is that you can take a fan out of the stands and have them roll the ball out on the court for these players with little to no coaching (much like they receive now), and win about as many games as they do now based on the talent alone. Holly may have to resign on her own but why would she? -it’s all the players’ faults. They don’t give effort, Pat would apparently be about to result to physical abuse if she were still coaching, yet somehow every offseason these same players are putting in the hard work, buying into the system, and playing as a team, and she likes their competitiveness . We start off the season with the easier part of the schedule, we roll out to 10-0 season, fans that casually watch jump back on the Holly train again until mid season where inexplicable losses start to occur and then all of a sudden those players Holly hailed in the offseason no longer have heart, aren’t committed, etc....rinse and repeat.

I for one am finished....I will of course always watch the team play on tv, but I am finished making trips up there to sit in the stands to witness such a poorly coached team.

I tend to agree with your sentiment...a quick internet search for Holly Warlick on hot seat will find you a multitude of articles saying it’s time and these articles have been written for several years now yet nothing happens.

When Fulmer extended her contract last year he spoke about the good job she has done especially given the amount of parity now in the women’s game. His vote of confidence recently may not have been the AD having to say the “right thing” but a message to the fans that he has her back and nothing will be done.

Don’t be surprised at the end of the season things stay as they are, and if pushed on the subject, Fulmer responds with the team was young, they have great recruits (Horston) coming in, etc, etc... sad thing is that you can take a fan out of the stands and have them roll the ball out on the court for these players with little to no coaching (much like they receive now), and win about as many games as they do now based on the talent alone. Holly may have to resign on her own but why would she? -it’s all the players’ faults. They don’t give effort, Pat would apparently be about to result to physical abuse if she were still coaching, yet somehow every offseason these same players are putting in the hard work, buying into the system, and playing as a team, and she likes their competitiveness . We start off the season with the easier part of the schedule, we roll out to 10-0 season, fans that casually watch jump back on the Holly train again until mid season where inexplicable losses start to occur and then all of a sudden those players Holly hailed in the offseason no longer have heart, aren’t committed, etc....rinse and repeat.

I for one am finished....I will of course always watch the team play on tv, but I am finished making trips up there to sit in the stands to witness such a poorly coached team.
Me too, TN1111. Excellent post and summary of the recent history of the Lady Vols. My husband doesn’t want to give up our good seats, but I cannot watch in person another Warlick team.

Reactions: T.J.
Your statements, are the same as many other of us followers of the "Ladies" but, we have worn them out. We are tired of listening to the same things we say, we hear from the staff, we see on the court and on and on.
We need to quit beating a dead horse and hope someone buys a new one to ride.
If "they" don't get a new horse, then we just need to quit wasting our time posting, watching, going and just fade away like the program and proud position in the women's game "The Lady Vols" hold.

Reactions: T.J. and BreatheUT

Attendance will be terrible in 2019-2020 for LadyVols home games if Holly Warlick is still head basketball coach

We also gave up our 4 excellent seats. No more utter frustrating hours at TBA. We can change the channel when CHW starts looking to the rafters for help.

I really do hate to see that so many fans aren’t renewing their seats for next year, but I absolutely understand why they are making those decisions. Hopefully a new coach will come in and quickly win those fans back, and bring in thousands of new ones as the Lady Vols get back to contending for championships.

I really don’t think it’ll take the right staff long to get back to elite status, and that’ll be incredibly exciting to witness in person!

Reactions: T.J. and mcannon1
Another large drop in attendance this year. Down from 10K+ to barely over 8K in the last 5 years. Ten years ago the team averaged 14K.

When attendance for home games drop to 5 or 6 thousand on a consistent basis, then Fulmer will probably make a move.

VN Store

Back