Tim Tebow...so humble he mentions that he is humble

I am pretty sure Michigan (a team that was absolutely horrible against running QBs and the spread offense last season) proved that if you force Tebow to beat you with his arm...Tebow loses!

Auburn proved that too. So did UGA. So did LSU.

I think one thing you'll see is more teams taking extra shots at him. That offense doesn't flow without a healthy tebow. The turds better hope their o-line is strong this year. I get the feeling tebow has a big bullseye on his jersey for alot of teams this year.

Same could have been said of last year. Everyone knew he was the key. And Auburn got to him, Georgai less so though he was a bit banged up coming into that game.

This year, with two true RBS to take the running load off of Tebow, look for him to be used much more sparingly in that capacity.

And our oline is excellent this year, really good. He'll have plenty of time back there and with the talent he has at WR, let's be real. Florida is going to be one of the best, if not the best, offenses in the country this year.

Same could have been said of last year. Everyone knew he was the key. And Auburn got to him, Georgai less so though he was a bit banged up coming into that game.

This year, with two true RBS to take the running load off of Tebow, look for him to be used much more sparingly in that capacity.

And our oline is excellent this year, really good. He'll have plenty of time back there and with the talent he has at WR, let's be real. Florida is going to be one of the best, if not the best, offenses in the country this year.

I really can't wait to hear the explanation you have when at around game 7 of the season, both of those RBs are not being used.

1. What makes you think the O-line is good this season?
2. How does adding the RB runs make your offense better? Seems to me it simply loses some of its deception, which is what makes the scheme work?
3. Who is the talent at WR? Please avoid listing for me a group of guys who have made plays in scrimmage games. Harvin, I'll give you. Who are the others?
4. Why would Tebow get better if he's handing it off and otherwise being a drop back passer. He's probably not in the top 5 drop back passers in the conference, which really doesn't have but a couple.
5. Before you bother answering the other 4 answer this one: Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

The biggest reason for Florida's success last year was Tebow running the football, take that away and they look like a slightly better than average offense. Michigan made Tebow throw and they couldn't get it done.

2. How does adding the RB runs make your offense better? Seems to me it simply loses some of its deception, which is what makes the scheme work?
3. Who is the talent at WR? Please avoid listing for me a group of guys who have made plays in scrimmage games. Harvin, I'll give you. Who are the others?
4. Why would Tebow get better if he's handing it off and otherwise being a drop back passer. He's probably not in the top 5 drop back passers in the conference, which really doesn't have but a couple.
5. Before you bother answering the other 4 answer this one: Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

I can't wait to hear the response.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, Tebow will miss two or three games this year due to injury.

I really can't wait to hear the explanation you have when at around game 7 of the season, both of those RBs are not being used.

I will be very surprised if that is the case. If it is, even I'll admit that would be a bad sign.

1. We get almost everyone back and they were good last year. Except against two very good defenses in Auburn and LSU, they dominated the line of scrimmage. Even against UGA, where our problem was defense, the offense scored plenty.
2. Please re-read that. Its such a bad comment by you I'm sure upon reflection you'd like to take it back.
3. Riley Cooper, Louis Murphy, Cornelius Ingram, Brandon James. UT coaching staff would give their collective left you know what for any of those kids.
4. You are just dead wrong. He can fling it and he's accurate. His numbers belie your comment.
5. Relative to you, I am the Albert Einstein of college football. You are more like the Joe Dirt.

The biggest reason for Florida's success last year was Tebow running the football, take that away and they look like a slightly better than average offense. Michigan made Tebow throw and they couldn't get it done.

Ummm, we scored 35 points in that game. Offense was not the issue.

Honestly, guys, I can't believe that any of you is with straight face claiming that the addition of two solid RBs to a team with the weapons Florida already had is going to make them worse.

1. We get almost everyone back and they were good last year. Except against two very good defenses in Auburn and LSU, they dominated the line of scrimmage. Even against UGA, where our problem was defense, the offense scored plenty. I don't think they dominated the line of scrimmage in any way and the SEC was littered with pathetic defenses, save LSU. The spread offense, like the option, doesn't need dominant. That changes with a bunch of handoffs. You might find things different this year.
2. Please re-read that. Its such a bad comment by you I'm sure upon reflection you'd like to take it back. I don't think you guys want your QB handing off the football much. The strength of your offense is the pass option that freezes the safeties and LBs. Many handoffs make that not the case. You won't use any RBs as much as you think and I'll love it if you do, especially if you're going to rely heavily on a disgruntled transfer.
3. Riley Cooper, Louis Murphy, Cornelius Ingram, Brandon James. UT coaching staff would give their collective left you know what for any of those kids. We would trade for Harvin and Ingram, but the rest, even James, you can keep.
4. You are just dead wrong. He can fling it and he's accurate. His numbers belie your comment. If he's relied upon to be a dropback passer without DBs having to hedge toward the run, he is not a great passing QB. Alex Smith was a great QB in this offense as well, if you'll recall.
5. Relative to you, I am the Albert Einstein of college football. You are more like the Joe Dirt. I'm not sure you would get any agreement from even UF fans on a comment as absurd as this one.

Ummm, we scored 35 points in that game. Offense was not the issue. I'm do not understand comments this silly. UF did score 35 points, but the offense looked awful at every crucial point in the game. By the way, those points were when you needed Tebow to make a passing play. He didn't. Surely you'll recall that Appy State put up over 30 on Mich as well. That's hardly stuff of legend and doesn't validate the greatness of your line.
see bold above.

You don't like Brandon James? Guy is a legit kick return phenom who will see some reverses and other plays just for him this year.

I agree law, florida will have one of the best offenses in the country. If they get the D together they will be hard to beat.

maybe it's because the shine has worn off, and FL showed a few cracks in the armour last year, but all i know is that that simply don't fear the FL offense like i did last year.

that has more to do with us than it does FL. our defense should be better, and offensively, we should have a few new looks for them and hopefull can take advantage of them not having seen some of this before from us.

for the first time in two years, i just think we're going to have something for the gators when they show up in knoxville. 2 games and a week off.......plenty of time to prepare, plenty of time to work out some kinks after fall camp.....

if not now, when?

maybe it's because the shine has worn off, and FL showed a few cracks in the armour last year, but all i know is that that simply don't fear the FL offense like i did last year.

that has more to do with us than it does FL. our defense should be better, and offensively, we should have a few new looks for them and hopefull can take advantage of them not having seen some of this before from us.

for the first time in two years, i just think we're going to have something for the gators when they show up in knoxville. 2 games and a week off.......plenty of time to prepare, plenty of time to work out some kinks after fall camp.....

if not now, when?

Okay, so last year you had a senior QB and you got beat 59-20. This year you are starting a guy who has shown very little composure to date in that role. Meanwhile, Florida gets a running game and an extra year of experience for its defense.

Other than the game being in Neyland, what is so much better for UT that anyone expects a markedly different result?

Let me answer from my perspective:

1) I think that last year Florida's speed was to UT as your speed was to Cal two years ago. Just a huge advantage. I don't see any reason to think that will change -- Berry being your exceptional speedster on the field.

2) Florida won that game by a deceptive magin. Once Ainge fumbled and we scored, UT's demeanor completely changed and Florida was off to the races. I think that Florida was a lot better that day, but of course not three times as good.

Bottom line: Being at Neyland is a big difference and, particularly if you go up early, it will be a much closer game and you have a good shot. But I will say this and I absolutely mean it.....

If Florida goes up by more than two touchdowns at any point in the first half, this board will be littered the next day with threads about the booing of Fulmer that will reach a pretty loud crescendo there at Neyland.

Okay, so last year you had a senior QB and you got beat 59-20. This year you are starting a guy who has shown very little composure to date in that role. Meanwhile, Florida gets a running game and an extra year of experience for its defense.

Other than the game being in Neyland, what is so much better for UT that anyone expects a markedly different result?

Let me answer from my perspective:

1) I think that last year Florida's speed was to UT as your speed was to Cal two years ago. Just a huge advantage. I don't see any reason to think that will change -- Berry being your exceptional speedster on the field.

2) Florida won that game by a deceptive magin. Once Ainge fumbled and we scored, UT's demeanor completely changed and Florida was off to the races. I think that Florida was a lot better that day, but of course not three times as good.

Bottom line: Being at Neyland is a big difference and, particularly if you go up early, it will be a much closer game and you have a good shot. But I will say this and I absolutely mean it.....

If Florida goes up by more than two touchdowns at any point in the first half, this board will be littered the next day with threads about the booing of Fulmer that will reach a pretty loud crescendo there at Neyland.
i've said it and will continue to say it.

we have enough talent in the right spots right now to compete with FL. Berry is the only speedster on the team cause that's the only one you've heard of. we've seen FL already. we took out beating. we won't be surprised by your speed or anything. there's a lot less to fear this season than there was last. we know what it will take to win this game. if nothing else, we learned that last year, the hard way.

your defense has another year's experience, so does ours. so do our WR's. so do our RB's. so does our OLine.

what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

save the qb, this is going to be one of the more experienced teams we've had in a while. some of it is not quite proven, but there will be hardly anyone stepping on the field next season for us that hasn't seen playing time in some way shape or form.

like i said, i'm not ready to put a paycheck on this game yet, but i look at this team and i see a team capable.

last season, if you remember, i told you and anyone else that would listen the entire off season that FL was going to beat us.

i'm not some delusional homer that doesn't look at the whole picture.

all i'm saying is i wouldn't be surprised if we won. Last year i would have been shocked.

I don't think speed has anything to do with it. Tennessee has never defended any type of option well, just look what Nebraska did to us, look at what Air Force did to us, and what Florida did last year. Three different types of option and the results were basically the same with the only saving grace is that Air Force wasn't playing with Nebraska or Florida type of talent.

I think the difference is coaching. We don't have a good track record of playing with discipline against an option attack. Granted Harvin in the open field concerns me a lot and I know the other receivers have good 40 times, but I don't think that speed is the issue here.

I don't think speed has anything to do with it. Tennessee has never defended any type of option well, just look what Nebraska did to us, look at what Air Force did to us, and what Florida did last year. Three different types of option and the results were basically the same with the only saving grace is that Air Force wasn't playing with Nebraska or Florida type of talent.

I think the difference is coaching. We don't have a good track record of playing with discipline against an option attack. Granted Harvin in the open field concerns me a lot and I know the other receivers have good 40 times, but I don't think that speed is the issue here.

I don't think that you can compare the Air Force version of the Ooption to the Florida version of the Spread-Option. Florida ran through you like Sherman went through Georgia not because of sweeps. We did it by getting the ball in the hands of guys you couldn't seem to even find, much less tackle.

I don't think that you can compare the Air Force version of the Ooption to the Florida version of the Spread-Option. Florida ran through you like Sherman went through Georgia not because of sweeps. We did it by getting the ball in the hands of guys you couldn't seem to even find, much less tackle.

I never said anything about comparing this type of option to the next, the end results are all the same. Chavis has never been able to consistently stop an option attack. We even struggled against Southern Miss. last year with their spread option type of offense. I don't think speed was any factor in that outcome.

When you watch Tennessee over the last few years, which I'm sure I've watched them more than you have, we always struggle agaisnt teams that run an option, but sometimes we are just more talented than some of those teams and we can still pull out the W. This fact alone is why I don't think we'll beat Florida or Auburn this year.

You are correct. Speed is not the issue. It's the style of play.

Which has nothing to do with speed. It's execution and scheme.

VN Store

Back