Tim Jordan

1985Vols

Is running like a man possessed. This guy needs some accolades for the effort he is giving. Gained almost 100 yards on 17 carries against #1 team. The play here he was hit after a 2 years gain and dragged about 7 Bama players, with help of our O line in what looked like a rugby scrum, was one of the most awesome plays I have seen by a RB. If we keep playing with the effort we played wi last night, we'll be 7-5 at the end of this season which would be amazing.

#1 back, period.

I would have laughed at that as the season started, but it's clear he is our best back. I've seen nothing from Chandler or Gray that leads me to believe they're capable of being "the man" on this offense. What I don't understand is why we don't run some misdirection and why Chaney doesn't do more to get the ball to Gray in space where he reportedly excels? Seems curious.

Gray is going to be a stud no doubt they should run both backs and line him up at the slot some and run some bubble screens. On a side note I hope we have some more tight ends coming

Here's my post about him in the zone.
Ive been pessimistic on Pruitt this year. Not a negavol; a pessi-Pruitt. His coaching to finish last season and to start this season was crap.

But credit where due...he has really improved. The team has as well. You can see things getting better practically every week, now. Im very happy with how they played Bama and the refs. This was our best game since 2015 against them.

The entire defense is so much better than 8 weeks ago. O line is better. QB (Maurer) is gainng ground, too. The surprise for me is Tim Jordan. He's gone from 3rd or 4th option and possibly grumbling about transfering to our primary back. He's decisive; Hits the hole with authority. He fights for every inch of turf. He may be the redemption story of the season so far.

I would have laughed at that as the season started, but it's clear he is our best back. I've seen nothing from Chandler or Gray that leads me to believe they're capable of being "the man" on this offense. What I don't understand is why we don't run some misdirection and why Chaney doesn't do more to get the ball to Gray in space where he reportedly excels? Seems curious.
I imagine that Chaney has opened about 1/10th of his full playbook. So much youth, and no QB that can wrap his head around it all. JG, with his experience, was our only hope of seeing even half the playbook. But JG is an obvious bust.

He's gone from VN punching bag to reliable, tough, and decisive. I always felt like he was maligned by Vol fans, as I was always a bit of a fan. But then last season, he seemed to regress a little bit. He is back to showing me what I saw from him early on, and then some. OLine improvement has probably aided in that, a bit.

Is running like a man possessed. This guy needs some accolades for the effort he is giving. Gained almost 100 yards on 17 carries against #1 team. The play here he was hit after a 2 years gain and dragged about 7 Bama players, with help of our O line in what looked like a rugby scrum, was one of the most awesome plays I have seen by a RB. If we keep playing with the effort we played wi last night, we'll be 7-5 at the end of this season which would be amazing.

I was impressed with the 8yd push. Can’t even remember the last time TN pushed the pile like that.

My personal opinion Gray is the best back on the roster but he needles to learn his blocking assignments and gain some weight.

I’ve been really impressed with his effort and production the last few games. I’m glad to see it paying off for him and the team. He went from being basically 3rd option at RB early in the season and some on here wondering if he would hit the transfer portal to be our leading rusher. I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do the rest of the season behind an ever-improving OL.

Reactions: 1985Vols and McDad
My personal opinion Gray is the best back on the roster but he needles to learn his blocking assignments and gain some weight.

Based on? His HS film was impressive, but I've seen next to nothing on Saturdays that gives me that sort of confidence in him being a feature back. He might be the second coming of Kamara, but so far, there's no evidence that he's that type of player. Still young tho.

Reactions: KBVol
Based on? His HS film was impressive, but I've seen next to nothing on Saturdays that gives me that sort of confidence in him being a feature back. He might be the second coming of Kamara, but so far, there's no evidence that he's that type of player. Still young tho.
BYU and GA st. Showed some promise but after that he has run into key blocking assignments where his missed on them and has led to fumbles and what would he wide open TD passes Into tipped balls

He's not been used as much since Jordan got healthy, however, the flashes he has shown sure makes me think he's going to be special. Chaney needs to get him the ball in space

Reactions: OrangeMagic
Huge uptick from last season.

Pruitt proved he was all vol last night. I loved the booing when he executed 3 timeouts.

VN Store

Back