Tim Jordan-unsung hero

He looked pretty good in the WVU game last year. But, yeah, he did a really good job just taking what the D gave him. That appears to be the kind of back he is. Nothing exceptional in any area. But strong, not a lot of wasted motion, ball security, runs with some power, good between tackles and enough speed to get to the edges usually. Not likely to break a long one. But, if our OL/TEs can improve their run blocking, then he's the kind of back who can grind down a defense 3-6 yards at a time.
Glad we have him.

He looked pretty good in the WVU game last year. But, yeah, he did a really good job just taking what the D gave him. That appears to be the kind of back he is. Nothing exceptional in any area. But strong, not a lot of wasted motion, ball security, runs with some power, good between tackles and enough speed to get to the edges usually. Not likely to break a long one. But, if our OL/TEs can improve their run blocking, then he's the kind of back who can grind down a defense 3-6 yards at a time.
Glad we have him.

This is so true this week. If he can have just a little success we can shorten the game. Not saying we win but if TJ continues to have some success it will go a long way in this game

Reactions: Evergrenevol
I think yesterday we found our personality. We need to be run heavy. Just let our OL fire off the ball and mash defenders. Just keep pounding and pounding them. It wears on an opponent and at the same time gives our defense more time to rest. I hope we see the same game plan in every game going forward. Put things on the backs of our OL. I think they're going to be the strength of our team for the next few years. Lean on 'em now and lean on 'em hard.

I think yesterday we found our personality. We need to be run heavy. Just let our OL fire off the ball and mash defenders. Just keep pounding and pounding them. It wears on an opponent and at the same time gives our defense more time to rest. I hope we see the same game plan in every game going forward. Put things on the backs of our OL. I think they're going to be the strength of our team for the next few years. Lean on 'em now and lean on 'em hard.
That's how the game used to be played. Pound it, control the clock. Flip the field. The game has changed to a pass attack. So many downs no one in the backfield but the QB. Not even trying to disguise it.

Had his best game yesterday, I think, as a Vol. Made big plays all day.

Since he came back from ankle injury, he has been running through tackles instead of running sideways. That's why his last three games have been his best since WV. He probably leads the team now on broken tackles unless it is #15.

That's how the game used to be played. Pound it, control the clock. Flip the field. The game has changed to a pass attack. So many downs no one in the backfield but the QB. Not even trying to disguise it.

True, but for this team as it presently exists, that old school game plan seems like itgives us the best chance of success. Maybe things change when Maurer matures or when Bailey arrives, but until those things take place, we do what we can as best we can.

Reactions: Zues1
All the top coaches insist that the SEC is becoming a LOS league. USCe was able to stand toe to toe against UGA sat. It played a huge part in UT's win also. We need to keep getting these big fellas recruited and build a solid foundation.

Reactions: OneVolNation

To that point... I absolutely HATE empty backfields.

Hate them. Despise them.

Despiiiiise them.

Reactions: Zues1
This is so true this week. If he can have just a little success we can shorten the game. Not saying we win but if TJ continues to have some success it will go a long way in this game

Well, we definitely need to shorten the game. I hate to say it, but Bama's offense aint gonna be on the field long I don't think. I'm not talking @ 3 and outs either. That passing game is literally elite in the history of CFB, IMO. So good, that their excellent running game seems like a non-issue. Pains me to say it, but it is what it is.

So yeah, to keep it under 50, we really need to control some clock. Thankfully their defense, while good, is not as viscious as some of the elite ones they've fielded in the past decade.

Reactions: vols40

VN Store

Back