Tim Banks Officially Announced As DC

Welcome_To_Rocky_Top_2021_v3_BANKS.JPG

"Tim brings great energy, passion and experience to the Tennessee football family," Heupel said. "His defenses are known for their aggressive style, as well as their multiple coverages and fronts. He's coached in big games and has a proven track record of success on the field and in recruiting. I know our student-athletes are going to enjoy playing for him. We are fortunate to have someone with Tim's experience and caliber leading our defense."
Tim Banks Named Tennessee Defensive Coordinator - University of Tennessee Athletics

Thought we’d get someone who owned his own defense prior to joining the Tennessee and who called his own plays. Heup and White are smart guys though so I give them the benefit of the doubt, but I’m a little disappointed here initially.

I agree. Hopefully he does a great job. Maybe having guys like Garner and Steele around will help him out with all of their experience. There are going to be growing pains this year on both sides of the ball.

Thought we’d get someone who owned his own defense prior to joining the Tennessee and who called his own plays. Heup and White are smart guys though so I give them the benefit of the doubt, but I’m a little disappointed here initially.
I get that.. But one thing to think about.. He's coached on the defense side of the ball for 25 years.. That's a lot of experience. Good luck to him and GoVols

VN Store

Back