Tim Banks needs a pay raise

Do what?

We gave up 28 in the 4th

We lost to ole miss solely because of one play- Qb scramble

We lost to Pitt because we couldn’t contain QB

We let Bama go 6of7 on 3rd down in the first half of Bama because we didn’t get home.
Tell me you don’t understand football without telling me you don’t understand football

I do think that he has worked minor miracles here, but I haven’t seen any evidence that he can stop a running QB. They make it to the second level almost every time they take off, with zero resistance. That is concerning.

Do what?

We gave up 28 in the 4th

We let Bama go 6of7 on 3rd down in the first half of Bama because we didn’t get home.

What a coincidence! All three QBs for those teams are currently 1, 2 and 3 in the Heisman order!

Let's let him show it for a tad more than 8 games before we start throwing more money at him. What's next? Raises after a defensive stop? We're 4-4 not 7-1.
You must be new to Tennessee Football. Dooley,Pruitt or Jones never got the fire in these kids belly like Banks and company have.

Agreed…he’s doing some good stuff

And we’re playing bend but don’t break with a MASH unit

Get some big time pass rushers who consistently win One on one pass pro and we’ll be more dangerous and force more TOs
Yeah, I'd like to see us press a little bit more. That's one thing hurting us is giving up those huge chunks and not being able to get a 3 and out.

Ive coined it, 3rd and take it to the Banks 😆

Imagine this staff with the talent Butch Jones had. Goodness. PAY THESE DUDES!!!!!!!! Kamara would have won the Heisman.

Tennessee is 80th in America in total defense and 75th in the country in scoring defense after 8 games.

I’ve been far more impressed with Tennessee’s improvement on offense than their defense.

Still think the secondary, which was touted as our strength coming into this season, needs quit a bit of work...along with the linebacker group. I'm trying to not be too hard on em because of the lack of depth but still, I'd like to see some improvement there before I'm sold on rewarding anyone on this staff.

Jump the gun, it's what Vol fans do. The sample size has been good. The long term is where the raises come in.. We seem to never get to the long term part ...
Unfortunately the administration here has done this time and time again which is why we are in the 12th year of another 5 year rebuild. Stupidity has ruled the administration since Fulmer was fired the first time

He will get his $ just not here. He will leave to be a HC somewhere soon. Lots of jobs going to be open in the off season his name will be mentioned in most of those.
In the past I would have totally agreed with you but this staff seems to want to prove a point and seems to be happy here and working with each other. In the past you could see and feel the animosity and dislike between the coaches but not on this staff. I may be wrong but I can see this staff staying together for awhile

Do what?

We gave up 28 in the 4th

Why did it take Bama til the 4th quarter to break open the game, because the scheme or prep was bad? Of course not, we have a well-established depth issue.

Versus Ole Miss it’s a pick your poison situation. Commit an extra defender to stopping the QB run all game and you risk your corners in single coverage. Commit to keeping their pass game in check and you have to rely on your front 4-5 guys at the most to get pressure and contain. They made the obvious latter choice and it dang near worked for us.

We’ve got a talent issue at the linebacking spot that has been exposed two games in a row now. Bama exposed our LBs in coverage versus their stud wideouts and tight end and Miss exposed their inability to consistently make tackles against an athletic QB.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Tennessee is 80th in America in total defense and 75th in the country in scoring defense after 8 games.

I’ve been far more impressed with Tennessee’s improvement on offense than their defense.
Good improvement from 111 ranked defense in 2020. Up 31 spots in one year with depleted roster.

Edit: never mind. Was looking at another ranking system.

Reactions: Jaws

VN Store

Back