Tillman / Small / Sampson

Other_Guy

foolishFool
They barely have a running game with the few backs they have. Wright is iffy with ball security and Sampson is a FR.
The WRs have Hyatt and McCoy and Keaton is decent. If the Vols lose because Tillman is out, something is wrong with the passing game.
The Vols could lose because they struggle running the ball. Small being out is a bigger deal that if Tillman is out.

CINCYVOL

They barely have a running game with the few backs they have. Wright is iffy with ball security and Sampson is a FR.
The WRs have Hyatt and McCoy and Keaton is decent. If the Vols lose because Tillman is out, something is wrong with the passing game.
The Vols could lose because they struggle running the ball. Small being out is a bigger deal that if Tillman is out.
I respectfully disagree with “barely have a running game”.

volfan_28

I also think Hyatt and McCoy can carry the passing game. As long as both are in the game we’ve got playmakers on both sides of the field. I’m no expert but so far seems to me like McCoy is capable of doing anything Tillman can do.

Stoerner Fumbles

Hyatt had 11 catches because Tillman dropped 5 passes he should have caught. Hyatt also got first downs. Whatever dude. Look at season stats targets, TDs and every other stats Hyatt has got it done and is graded higher than every reciever on our roster currently. Mind you Hyatt just exploded with 5 catches for a buck 60 and two tds over 40. Tell me again who the better receiver has been this year
Just to state the obvious, Hyatt has been getting a lot of balls because they’re doubling Tillman. You also have to give a lot of those drops to Hooker. He hasn’t been himself. I’m a huge Hyatt fan, but losing Tillman would be a big loss.

Small is, well, small, and can't really play in the SEC. He was losing carries to Wright and Sampson even before getting banged up.
And Tillman is one of the best WRs in America, and the biggest weapon in our pass first offense. So yeah, no.

PEPPERJAX

Let's Do A Ritual....
Tillman is our best playmaker

BallerVolFan

According to Austin Price, Tillman is at about 25% while Sampson and Small are about 75%. Expects both RB’s to be a go but Tillman will require treatment as the week goes on to be healthy enough to play.

Edit: I think we’ll see Tillman sit out and receive treatment for the next 2 weeks to get back to 100% by LSU. He gives it a go vs UF and re-aggravates it then it may linger longer than they want it to. We can win without him, just need guys to step up.

FBtime

Just to state the obvious, Hyatt has been getting a lot of balls because they’re doubling Tillman. You also have to give a lot of those drops to Hooker. He hasn’t been himself. I’m a huge Hyatt fan, but losing Tillman would be a big loss.
Also Tillman has been overthrown several times on would be TDs

sjt18

Speculation aside... Tillman won't be known until he goes through the whole week of treatment. Most teams would be crowing with pride if they had two WR's going in like McCoy and Hyatt.

NoogaVol96

Guys Cedric is out , small and Sampson are limited. We have athletes , they need to show up when given their chance Saturday. The 🐿 is required
I’ll believe Tillman is out when he isn’t on the field because we won’t have a definite answer til then. Either way I think we will be fine. In Hyatt and Bru we trust.

VN Store