Tillman recovering from "tightrope" ankle surgery

I also doubt we see him back but hope I’m wrong. He did enough last year and this year to cement his draft status. It would be unwise for him to play any more this year if he was not 100% healthy.
You think a 4-6 week injury. Will take 10 weeks to recover. He will be done with recovery before the Kentucky game and that is if recovery takes as long as possible. Y’all have no backing to say he’s not gonna play this year. Everybody is saying he will and he may even play vs lsu. He will play again this year I will put everything I own on it

I hope Tilman
Yeah the difference is the fine line of coach and athlete want to play. On the flip side the coach has to not risk the athletes future for sake of increasing odds of winning games along the way. Coaches and Universities are under more scrutiny than ever for putting damaged goods players in harms way earlier than they should.

You must be Superman, I tore ligaments in my ankle when I was 19 and I was on crutches for a week, it took almost 3 months to heal enough to play in the outfield once again.
There was not much physical therapy or anywhere near the treatments that are available today, however
Losing your best receiver is really tough, there’s allot of football left this season
Go Vols

Reactions: DeepSpringsVol
You think a 4-6 week injury. Will take 10 weeks to recover. He will be done with recovery before the Kentucky game and that is if recovery takes as long as possible. Y’all have no backing to say he’s not gonna play this year. Everybody is saying he will and he may even play vs lsu. He will play again this year I will put everything I own on it
I hope he does but the prudent thing for him to do is to not jeopardize an NFL career. You know there is a trend now for prospective NFL athletes to skip a bowl game even if they are injury free. He will not hurt his draft position by doing so.

Reactions: GoVols64
Playing after an injury and showing no ill effects would only help his draft stock. This is the whole reason he came back.
I disagree completely with you. He has a lot to lose if he is not healthy 100% and gets injured again. he has already showed what he can do the last year and 4 games this year. . Everything to lose and very little reward if he is not 100% healthy.

I hope he does but the prudent thing for him to do is to not jeopardize an NFL career. You know there is a trend now for prospective NFL athletes to skip a bowl game even if they are injury free. He will not hurt his draft position by doing so.
It will if he doesn’t show he is healthy. Not playing for 11 weeks for what’s supposed to be a 6 week recovery time does not look the best. I get what your saying though.

It will if he doesn’t show he is healthy. Not playing for 11 weeks for what’s supposed to be a 6 week recovery time does not look the best. I get what your saying though.
His draft position will be determined by the NFL combines and his production from last year. The six week recovery time is an estimate. It varies by individual. The recovery time will not be a factor IMO.

Reactions: Volfan39
His draft position will be determined by the NFL combines and his production from last year. The six week recovery time is an estimate. It varies by individual. The recovery time will not be a factor IMO.
We’ll just agree to disagree. I also think he loves Tennessee to much to just call it quits. That might just be me being a homer though

The problem is it’s not rushing back. The estimate time for the surgery recovery is 4-6 weeks. The bama game would be the 5 week mark. I’m not saying he would be 100% but he would definitely be able to play. Tillman would get a extra 2 weeks to recover than tua. Saying he’s going to be out for most of the year has no evidence and is just BVS flaring up for some vol fans. And if he doesn’t play for bama he’s back for Kentucky. That would be seven weeks after the surgery meaning he would be done with recovery. Not to mention he’s a world class athlete which means that can heal faster than most
Edit: he’s also not coming back next year. He’s a projected top 4 round player and possibly two round if he comes back and plays well. Hence why he would come back and play and not sit the rest of the year

I agree with you statements - - however as to a surgically repaired ankle, it seem to remember Tua looking sorta gimpy for the remainder of the season. As to Til coming back for the Bama game, I would like to see we have a realistic chance of winning the game before I threw him in "sorta able to go". (don't say it, I know we have a chance against Bama, but for me "realistic?" I need to see more) No hold him out until the Ky game if he is able to go..

every injury is different and recovery is different for everyone...we have no idea of the extent of injury and what was done...may have a very minor repair or hey maybe major we just don't know...hope for the best you he may be back for LSU in very limited capacity, low chances of that happening but you never know. I had quad bypass and my recovery was 4 weeks til i was back working out with crossfit...limited at first but hey we're all different. someone else it may take 10 weeks.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Only volnation can turn a 2-6 week recovery time and make it season ending. This place never fails to amaze me with people believing only the worst will happen to us[/QUOTE

200w.gif

Dude has a legit shot to be back for Bama from what I heard but now he’s out for the season? What? Lol

Reactions: TN1111
Hopefully, Heupel won't let him rush back and just permanently disable himself as a draftable player.

Well if you actually paid attention the guys at volquest said Burrell would be out for the year right after the Akron game. But every doctor you ask about Tillman said he should be back for the bama game. And guess what!! He even practiced some today.
Edit: and the surgery even speeds up recovery so don’t know why your so concerned, if you read the article it says Tillman might be back for the lsu game. So what are you referring to exactly?

Idk how long it will take him to recover but torn ligaments is not an easy recovery regardless. I did it when I was 14 trying out for basketball team. Took two months to run without much of a limp.
3 months ago I did it again in my late 50’s. I can walk without a limp now but the foot gets tired and sore after I am on it for awhile.

Idk how long it will take him to recover but torn ligaments is not an easy recovery regardless. I did it when I was 14 trying out for basketball team. Took two months to run without much of a limp.
3 months ago I did it again in my late 50’s. I can walk without a limp now but the foot gets tired and sore after I am on it for awhile.
No offense but in your not a finely tuned athlete then or now. Also who said he had a tear ? Thats a first. The tight rope procedure is actually used to take the strain off the ligaments so that it properly heals. Thats why its pretty neat actually. It is also a faster way to deal with High ankle sprains

Reactions: Volfan39
No offense but in your not a finely tuned athlete then or now. Also who said he had a tear ? Thats a first. The tight rope procedure is actually used to take the strain off the ligaments so that it properly heals. Thats why its pretty neat actually. It is also a faster way to deal with High ankle sprains

None taken but I never said I was equal to him. He is getting the best care, where most anyone else doesn’t. He is maxing his treatment opportunities to expedite healing like the general public cannot. The one common thing is a high ankle sprain hurts and it impedes everyone regardless of age or condition. His youth and surgery and treatment options make it possible for a quicker healing time. We also don’t know how bad of a sprain it was. It was obviously bad enough to have a procedure.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
None taken but I never said I was equal to him. He is getting the best care, where most anyone else doesn’t. He is maxing his treatment opportunities to expedite healing like the general public cannot. The one common thing is a high ankle sprain hurts and it impedes everyone regardless of age or condition. His youth and surgery and treatment options make it possible for a quicker healing time. We also don’t know how bad of a sprain it was. It was obviously bad enough to have a procedure.
The procedure now is common for this injury.

Volnation not only has Elite Coaches there's world class Dr's and fortune tellers too!

VN Store

Back