Tiger Woods and Peyton Manning vs Brady and Mickelson could happen in May

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
We might actually have a sporting event to watch in May, according to this article on CNBC.

NFL icons Tom Brady and Peyton Manning will join superstars Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson in a golf match organized by AT&T’s WarnerMedia and the PGA Tour, a person familiar with the negotiations confirmed to CNBC.

The match pitting Mickelson-Brady against Woods-Manning would be a rare sporting event in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, which has spurred game cancellations and suspensions across professional sports.

The person, who requested to not be identified as negotiations are stilling being finalized, said the event would likely happen in May and would benefit charity. Though nothing is official, the event could take place live on Turner Sports’ TNT channel or elsewhere in the WarnerMedia company, but its unlikely to be featured on pay-per-view.

Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson coronavirus relief golf match is on and could happen in May

I like the Peyton and tiger pairing. I see them as the more down to earth, less arrogant pair. I recognize TIger can be arrogant but Phil (whom I really like) is more arrogant. I'd love to see this match.

I like the Peyton and tiger pairing. I see them as the more down to earth, less arrogant pair. I recognize TIger can be arrogant but Phil (whom I really like) is more arrogant. I'd love to see this match.
I love the pairing because Tiger and Peyton are my favorites in their respective sports..

Just as long as this 4 man golf event doesn't affect the Orange & White Game, The Masters, Opening Day of Baseball, NBA Playoffs, NCAA Tournament, Stanley Cup Finals, NASCAR Races, WPT Finals, WWF Finals, etc.

Reactions: VolInLR
What's the early line on this? I think Tiger is 2 better than Phil, and Peyton is 5 better than Tom. I'm saying Manning/Woods favorites by 3.5. Can we get a scouting report on Brady's golfing?

Didn’t Peyton shoot 77 at Augusta or something? I think I remember seeing that he and Elway played down there together .

Last edited:
Well we know Tiger and Peyton are Buddies; so I'll go out on a limb and say the Matchups were "suggested" by Peyton. Peyton & Tiger will whoop em.

Golf is the perfect sport to put on TV right now. All you need is 2 competitors, a couple of cameras, a commentator on the course and another guy in studio. Doesn’t even have to be superstars playing. People would watch just to see live competition.

What's the early line on this? I think Tiger is 2 better than Phil, and Peyton is 5 better than Tom. I'm saying Manning/Woods favorites by 3.5. Can we get a scouting report on Brady's golfing?
I'm sure Peyton's game is stronger than Tom's. Probably at least 5 strokes. At this point Tiger being several years younger than Phil I would give him the nod HOWEVER Tigers back issues and the fact YOU NEVER bet against Phil on anything (he is a gamer when a bet is on the line and is by the best trash talker on tour even by Tiger's own admission) would definitely be in consideration. While i see through the Publicity Stuntness of this type thing and it takes a lot of the realistic aspect away from competition i would certainly watch and be entertained. I think that's all you would conclude from this sort of thing...its for entertainment purposes only.

Golf is the perfect sport to put on TV right now. All you need is 2 competitors, a couple of cameras, a commentator on the course and another guy in studio. Doesn’t even have to be superstars playing. People would watch just to see live competition.
You are exactly right and really surprised it hasnt been done yet. Like the old Shell's Wonderful World of Golf kinda thing. Just no galleries.

VN Store

Back