Tidbit on 1st scrimmage {video clips inside)

I like how he scores every time he carries the ball!

Seriously though, how does his speed compare the Chandler? Looks fast in the HS highlights, but you never know how slow the other guys are.

April 22, 2018 he ran a 4.57 40 at The Opening. But he ran a 4.14 Shuttle in July of 2018. With that 40 being back in April of 2018, he's likely faster now. How much? Who knows, but the Shuttle time shows that his quickness and ability to accelerate out of a cut is his stronger suit than just straight ahead/breakaway speed (which lines up to the visual comparisons to Chandler).

Reactions: walkenvol
LV thinks he has a d4h level eye test. Would love to see a thread of just LV a d4h battling it out in a Thunder Dome of evals.
see, i thnk that thread would look like this....
tenor.gif

Your in the minority. Multiple analysts and people who cover Tennessee football have said multiple times the offensive line was the biggest position that was holding back the offense last season. Has he held onto the ball to long at times? Sure every QB has but the O-line is 90 percent to blame for the woeful year we had last year

How well does JG do getting us into good positions when the pocket breaks down? Whether it’s a sack, or a bad read, or a failure to move the pocket his awareness leaves a lot to be desired.

Was our OL heinous last year? Yes.
Did JG handle pressure well when we needed him to? No
Do all QB’s have to manage pressure at times? Yes
Do we measure QB’s on how well they manage pressure? Yes

JG is not a very good QB thus far. At some point you have to say it’s not going to work and find someone else. Let’s see what happens this year. I have an idea.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Do you have stats on JG drive-killers? Not all sacks are created equal. Last year was ugly. JG was an impediment to the offense and had a penchant for stalling drives.

It’s ok to not be a JG fan.

How well does JG do getting us into good positions when the pocket breaks down? Whether it’s a sack, or a bad read, or a failure to move the pocket his awareness leaves a lot to be desired.

JG is not a very good QB thus far. At some point you have to say it’s not going to work and find someone else. Let’s see what happens this year. I have an idea.
like, pushing a narrative that is, at best , 1/2 true?

Reactions: Remy and Sleegro
I wish everyone would just stop. There’s truth to both sides of the argument. Did JG hold the ball too long? Yes. But we’re his receivers open? Who knows. Did he eat sacks more than many will admit? Yes. He was a sophomore. He’ll get better. Does he need to get better with pocket awareness? Absolutely. But one thing I haven’t seen brought up in the debate is the mental side of what JG could’ve been dealing with. He’s not a Pruitt guy and being the starting QB in a situation like that he may have been “looking over his shoulder” all year long hoping he’s doing enough to keep his spot. He knows CJP hates turnovers which may have caused his lack of taking chances necessary to beat teams like Florida, Georgia ext. Qb is the single most important position that you HAVE to know your coaches believe in you in order to “play free”. And until you can “play free” you’ll make more mistakes trying not to make mistakes. I don’t think it’s any secret that he should feel comfortable this year. If there’s no improvement this year in light of that then it may be time to start thinking of the future rather than the present. Until then the entire debate is void to me.

So leading the nation in in negative rush attempts had nothing to do with it. But yet JG had the best passer rating on 3rd down in the sec

Was the fact the Jordan Allen tire his hip flexor made public? I just saw a post from him on Instagram back in California in a hospital bed. That’s rough. Makes sense why Harrison and Crouch are getting a lot of time with the 2s at OLB

The OL is a revolving door year round for most College teams because injuries are going to happen to OL. Practising different sets at this juncture is necessary.
If and when that happen a man from the second group moves up. You win and lose up front they must get the O-LINE right period

VN Store

Back