Tidbit on 1st scrimmage {video clips inside)

Several sources thought Aubrey Solomon and Greg Emerson had nice days, with each playing with the 1s at defensive tackle and nose tackle and recording sacks. Darel Middleton also ran with the 1s at times.

Solomon and Emerson both had sacks. Not a sack each, but sacks, indicating both had more than 1
I asked where you heard it or read it.

"Several sources" is your answer?

Several sources thought Aubrey Solomon and Greg Emerson had nice days, with each playing with the 1s at defensive tackle and nose tackle and recording sacks.
Solomon and Emerson both had sacks. Not a sack each, but sacks, indicating both had more than 1

This is from several sources? How many is several? More or less than multiple?

Multiple players with multiple sacks with the 1s

From Tony Basilio
The Tony Basilio Show
What I'm Hearing From Camp's First Scrimmage - The O Line:

Wanya Morris at left Tackle.

He had a very solid practice as should be expected from a guy that was a mid-term enrollee.

Jerome Carvin: LG
Has had a nice off-season and figures to stay in the line-up with or without Trey Smith.

Brandon Kennedy Center: Great to see him back after his 2018 was cut short.

Marcus Tatum Right Tackle: We were telling you heading into camp that Tennessee's coaches liked him ahead of Wright at this point. Once Wright gets up to speed ...

Riley Locklear: RG
He's your RG for now until Trey Smith does something​

Jammin' With Jahmir:
spacer.gif
Jahmir Johnson bears watching this summer. Tennessee is concerned that about him if he doesn't start he's not going to be a happy camper. Yesterday while he didn't start, he did play a lot with the 1's. Some observers at UT believe that if Johnson gains the proper weight and keeps it on while applying himself, he's a future NFL offensive lineman.

Darnell Wright: Don't be alarmed that he wasn't with the first team yesterday yesterday. He just arrived in camp but my understanding is that UT's coaches LOVE what they've seen from him and think he could have the best future of any lineman currently on campus. They really like what they've seen.​

Touch Of Gray:
spacer.gif
Eric Gray is stealing the show thus far at camp. He had a terrific TD in yesterday's scrimmage.
His 20 yard TD run showed off his explosiveness and elusiveness. If you'll remember back in the summer we picked him to be the breakout star of the camp based on 7 on 7 workouts. Tennessee is thrilled to have pulled Gray away from Michigan. I'm telling you that this guy has a real chance to be a star. If I wasn't so jaded and waiting for the shoe to drop, I'd pick him to be a breakout star in 2019.

Wood Is Good:
spacer.gif
Wood-Anderson was Good-Anderson yesterday. God bless John Ward!!!​

Defense:
spacer.gif
Defense was very much ahead of offense yesterday.

On defense Greg Emerson has had a really nice week of practice. Emerson has had an injury riddled career. His potential emergence is a yuuuuge deal. And he was more than serviceable yesterday in the scrimmage.​
Run Through The T Young Man But You Can't Run Him Over:
spacer.gif
Henry T is a player!!! He's already flashed in camp which is a great sign. What we didn't want was the immediate report card that some five star guys show which is all F's. Don't have to worry about with Henry T. When the pads came on he more than held his own against veteran college football players.

Waren Burrell, You Can't Touch This:
spacer.gif
True freshmen CB out of Atlanta took a few lumps yesterday. He gave up a TD yesterday in the scrimmage but remains a solid, viable option at corner. Burrell is probably going to play a lot at CB as Tennessee would like the luxury of using Bryce Thompson at Nickel. You need 3 CB's on the field just about all the time these days. With Buchanan injured, it seems the nickel responsibilities are going to fall to Bryce Thompson. This potentially opens up a spot for the hammer Burrell.​

Tell Me Somethin' Good:
spacer.gif
Aubrey Solomon winds are blowing in a hopeful manner. Solomon was running with the #1's yesterday Tennessee REALLY REALLY REALLY NEEDS for him to get eligible. Sources tell me that Phillip Fulmer has been regularly communicating with NCAA on Solomon so there's some back and forth there. What all this means, who knows? We are after all dealing with the NCAA and UT luck.

Cupshot U Survives Sunday:
spacer.gif
No injuries from scrimmage #1. It doesn't get any better than that sports fans.​

Several sources thought Aubrey Solomon and Greg Emerson had nice days, with each playing with the 1s at defensive tackle and nose tackle and recording sacks. Darel Middleton also ran with the 1s at times.

You make a bit of a leap with the multiple sacks. And that report also mentioned Maurer most of the 2nd team reps which leads me to believe shrout got a lot of 1st team reps so we don't even know which qb got sacked. You get a leap, I get one too right? Either way it seems like good news for the dline.

Reactions: Behr and chargervol
You make a bit of a leap with the multiple sacks. And that report also mentioned Maurer most of the 2nd team reps which leads me to believe shrout got a lot of 1st team reps so we don't even know which qb got sacked. You get a leap, I get one too right? Either way it seems like good news for the dline.
I made the assumption Shrout was with the 1's for many reps also. The wording mixed with JT comments does seem to steer that direction.

Reactions: Sleegro
I do it with everyone, no matter who
1.so they don't get alerts and 2. for people that don't know who they are anyway??
If they want to post it an a thread that's up to them.

This bother you somehow?
Nah I just found it odd is all.

It sounded like you were saying AV was your personal inside source or something.

Nah I just found it odd is all.

It sounded like you were saying AV was your personal inside source or something.
There was literally nothing in my post that suggested that.

"A poster on VN" can in no way be confused with "my personal source"

Reactions: Behr
There was literally nothing in my post that suggested that.

"A poster on VN" can in no way be confused with "my personal source"
It's just odd man, relax. Seems a lot easier to just name the poster than to take his name out and attempt to describe why he is a "reliable source"... But you do you. Idc

It's just odd man, relax. Seems a lot easier to just name the poster than to take his name out and attempt to describe why he is a "reliable source"... But you do you. Idc
Or too many people go off track about other posts from them and not the one I'm discussing. Messed up and did it the other day and that was the exact result.

But glad you don't care. That way I don't have to worry about you bringing it up👍

Last edited:
Reactions: Sleegro
I'm not sure where you get that. I've been as critical as anyone but the current coaches have said he's very coachable.

You don't think Jones' system was a real failure?
Dobbs became an All-time great Vol in that system...
So would Manning or Clausen, and definitely Heath Shuler

Lulz. This is good stuff right here.

Not it's not.

This dude was a Top 100 player 4 years ago, and what has he done???

It is what it is. The dude is not a good QB.

And someone else will get a chance this season because JG will do what JG does; stall the offense out and kill team momentum.

Not it's not.

And someone else will get a chance this season because JG will do what JG does; stall the offense out and kill team momentum.
It is what it is? Brilliant insight here. So if he tears it up this year will you eat crow?

Not it's not.

That you think you know better than the coaches is funny.

I have no idea what's gonna happen with JG or any other QB this season, but I do have more faith in Pruitt and Chaney than I do you, and for me having to say it is good stuff.

We're gonna find out.

VN Store

Back