Ticket Price Increase 2023

gatorhater1509

Eat More Gator
I saw an email from UT about renewals for next year and thought I might go ahead and renew. My renewal cost went up about $60 each ticket from this year because they are now separating sales and Knoxville city taxes from the face value of tickets as opposed to all taxes being included in the final cost like past years.

UT basically raised the cost of tickets without directly doing so. I know it's not that much ($8-9 per game per ticket) but it really adds up quick. Curious about other people's thoughts on this.

I saw an email from UT about renewals for next year and thought I might go ahead and renew. My renewal cost went up about $60 each ticket from this year because they are now separating sales and Knoxville city taxes from the face value of tickets as opposed to all taxes being included in the final cost like past years.

UT basically raised the cost of tickets without directly doing so. I know it's not that much ($8-9 per game per ticket) but it really adds up quick. Curious about other people's thoughts on this.
Surprised it’s not more given inflation

Yeah, would prefer not to pay more of course, but not really surprised given how prices in general have been faring these days.

I got the email which seems a bit soon in the season and I am going to ignore it for now. I guess they are trying to lock people in after the big win against FL. I wondered if they were going to increase ticket prices so thanks for confirming that without me having to do it myself. I figured they would raise them, but no really happy they did.

FWIW, I spoke to a rep from the ticket office on Friday. He said the plan was to open sales up in mid-October; however, do not be surprised if they go on sale today if we beat florida.

Reactions: volspeach
I got the email which seems a bit soon in the season and I am going to ignore it for now. I guess they are trying to lock people in after the big win against FL. I wondered if they were going to increase ticket prices so thanks for confirming that without me having to do it myself. I figured they would raise them, but no really happy they did.
Yeah, I wondered if they'd raise them which is why I looked. I figured the same as you about trying to get people locked in to 2023 ASAP because there's so much momentum right now. Smart from a marketing perspective because we could easily drop the next 2.

The deadline to renew is February 24th. Certainly trying to capitalize on the excitement but given the train wreck away game ticket assignments have been this season, they may need 6+ months to handle this.

I have no problem breaking out the taxes from the ticket price. It's good for people see what the government takes.

They're (we're) going have to pay to keep Heupel somehow.

my thoughts are you should expect increases every year. As they continue to win especially. Just the way things are done.

That has really been the norm for many years. Maybe not every year, but frequently they make subtle increases.

I renewed our seats this morning too, wasn't surprised at the price of tickets going up- had heard thru the grapevine it was going to happen for 2023 season.

Last edited:

Probably can sell your UGA tickets and pay for the whole season.

Renewed using the 6 month payment plan again and for some reason monthly amount is lower this year.

Don't worry, I'm sure the extra we spend will go to good causes like raising the wages of stadium employees...

....Right?

Inflation and an improved team will cause prices to rise.

Hopefully Danny can find a way to keep UT football within reach of the average person as this all continues.

Inflation and an improved team will cause prices to rise.

Hopefully Danny can find a way to keep UT football within reach of the average person as this all continues.
Some guy who works at the stadium mentioned that the gray luxury seating behind the vols bench, the goal is to take them around the entire stadium. That get's me if they do that, not sure I can justify spending that much more on tickets.

Reactions: Volfan1000

VN Store

Back